Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question for pet owners

+10
alucardbarnivous
melvinlikechris
ravezombie
Captain Painway
Spazzy
Little_Goblyn
superdoug
Rath99
krpykrwly
FroZen
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Question for pet owners - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for pet owners Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:16 am

flux336

flux336
Zombie
Zombie

FroZen wrote:

The apartment isn't really big enough for baby gates but thanks for the suggestion. Disko is kept very busy, the thing that seems to set him off is when she jumps off the counter/fridge and he hears her hit the floor with a thump. Then the chase is on. Laughing

Ok. Laughing Well, be patient with them both and as your puppy matures, things should improve. Smile

27Question for pet owners - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for pet owners Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:48 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:I think your first mistake was getting a Shih Tzu. Wink My ex had an old cranky cat and an awful little Shih Tzu and they eventually got along together, they weren't ever exactly friendly, but they dealt with each other pretty well.

Hey now...I like my Shih Tzu. He's smart, spunky, playful and when he's done playing he loves to just sit and watch t.v. at night. Smile

Also, he doesn't shed which is awesome.

28Question for pet owners - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for pet owners Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:52 am

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hehe, that's fair. I think my ex's dog was just so terrible that I'm kind of jaded against the little guys. Laughing But I like big, energetic dogs which are their own kind of annoying... Wink

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

29Question for pet owners - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for pet owners Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:02 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Hehe, that's fair. I think my ex's dog was just so terrible that I'm kind of jaded against the little guys. Laughing But I like big, energetic dogs which are their own kind of annoying... Wink

I've had both growing up. We had German Shepards that we kept outside and teacup poodles in the house. I just think dogs are great! Fuck a bunch a cats Laughing The only reason we have the cat that we do now is my wife wanted a pet for my son and we couldn't own dogs where we lived.

30Question for pet owners - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for pet owners Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:59 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't think I could pick one over the other. I absolutely love cats, and I absolutely love dogs. Their personalities are so different and amazing that it kind of astounds me. Smile

31Question for pet owners - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for pet owners Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:01 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:I don't think I could pick one over the other. I absolutely love cats, and I absolutely love dogs. Their personalities are so different and amazing that it kind of astounds me. Smile

This. I've had both in my life, and would have both together in a heartbeat. In fact, I'm scaring the BF because I'm kind of at the point where I want a dog again (not a big one -- I want a Puggle!). I miss going for walks at night, and having someone who'll wrestle and play who isn't sporting two-inch ginsu knives on their fingers.

But I would have to either put the BF on Thorazine or have him committed.

32Question for pet owners - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for pet owners Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:54 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:I don't think I could pick one over the other. I absolutely love cats, and I absolutely love dogs. Their personalities are so different and amazing that it kind of astounds me. Smile

+1000

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

33Question for pet owners - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for pet owners Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:24 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, things got interesting yesterday. We keep the cats food and water on the table in the kitchen so my dog won't eat it or mess with the cat when she's trying to eat. Yesterday my dog figured out that with the right amount of speed he could launch himself from the back of the couch onto the table. Unfortunately for him he couldn't figure out a way to get down from the table. He ate all the cats food and was waiting for my wife on the table when she got home. And I guess the cats food didn't agree with him because he left a nice little gift on the table too. Laughing

Now the cat will have to eat on the kitchen counter which the dog will never be able to reach unless he learns how to build a ladder or something.

Pets certainly keep life interesting.

34Question for pet owners - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for pet owners Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:40 am

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

hahaha... iti took about 6 weeks for our cat and dog to learn to live together....

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

35Question for pet owners - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for pet owners Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:50 pm

flux336

flux336
Zombie
Zombie

FroZen wrote:Well, things got interesting yesterday. We keep the cats food and water on the table in the kitchen so my dog won't eat it or mess with the cat when she's trying to eat. Yesterday my dog figured out that with the right amount of speed he could launch himself from the back of the couch onto the table. Unfortunately for him he couldn't figure out a way to get down from the table. He ate all the cats food and was waiting for my wife on the table when she got home. And I guess the cats food didn't agree with him because he left a nice little gift on the table too. Laughing

Now the cat will have to eat on the kitchen counter which the dog will never be able to reach unless he learns how to build a ladder or something.

OMG! Your dog is made of awesome. Laughing How long was he up there?

36Question for pet owners - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for pet owners Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:24 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

flux336 wrote:
FroZen wrote:Well, things got interesting yesterday. We keep the cats food and water on the table in the kitchen so my dog won't eat it or mess with the cat when she's trying to eat. Yesterday my dog figured out that with the right amount of speed he could launch himself from the back of the couch onto the table. Unfortunately for him he couldn't figure out a way to get down from the table. He ate all the cats food and was waiting for my wife on the table when she got home. And I guess the cats food didn't agree with him because he left a nice little gift on the table too. Laughing

OMG! Your dog is made of awesome. Laughing How long was he up there?

It's hard to say really. My wife goes into work around 9 a.m. and is home by 2 p.m. So anywhere up to 5 hours if he got up there shortly after she left for work. The good news is, he hasn't done it since. Smile

37Question for pet owners - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for pet owners Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:30 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, there's been a recent development at home that is causing me a bit of stress. After some reading I believe our dog is starting to suffer from seperation anxiety. He's generally a good dog but lately he's been eliminating himself indoors while we're gone. Specifically on my two thousand dollar micro-fibre wrap around couch (hence the stress). He never goes in the house when we're home and only had a couple of accidents on the floor the first couple of weeks. For the past week it's been everyday and always in my favorite area of the couch. We're looking into correcting this behaviour but I just needed a place to vent for a bit. Frustration is setting in...anyone who's bought furniture with micr-fibre upholstery knows it's really difficult to keep from staining (especially the light tan color my wife picked out!) UGhhhh...I prolly should of posted this in the "Things that make you go ARRRGG!" thread but oh well.

38Question for pet owners - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for pet owners Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:34 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would seriously consider getting a roomy crate for him while you're gone. My parents adopted a cocker spaniel that would tend to do the same thing once everyone had left, and he eventually learned to control himself.

39Question for pet owners - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for pet owners Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:41 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yes

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

40Question for pet owners - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for pet owners Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:40 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:I would seriously consider getting a roomy crate for him while you're gone. My parents adopted a cocker spaniel that would tend to do the same thing once everyone had left, and he eventually learned to control himself.

We have a really nice crate for him already. We used it the first few night after we got him (since he was already crate trained from what the animal shelter said)but tried it without for a week and he did great so we stopped using it. But now this past week it's like he's going backwards so I guess it's back to the crate for him. That's a shame, I don't like having to cage him up...I'm a big softy when it comes to dogs. blush

41Question for pet owners - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for pet owners Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:00 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aww, just throw a comfy pillow in there for him and he'll be fine. I think Buddy (my parents' cocker) actually ended up kind of liking it because it was his space. Sometimes he'd just go chill in there and nap knowing no one would bug him. Laughing

Last edited by WonderWoman2.0 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had a dumb.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum