Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Return of Back Ups

+6
Joshua
Lee
rwe1138
shining knight
Administrator
Esbat
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Return of Back Ups Empty The Return of Back Ups Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:11 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anyone else notice that Web of Spider-Man is gonna carry Spider-Girl as a back up on it once it launches? I really hope this is a new trend to help at least give us more for our cash from the Big Two's price hikes. So far I'me enjoying Booster Gold and the Blue Beetle Back ups, and I guess I'll be picking up Web of Spider-Man to get my print Spider-Girl fix.

http://realityfugitives.com/

2The Return of Back Ups Empty Re: The Return of Back Ups Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:22 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I think it's a good way to give something to readers for their money, especially with the increase in prices earlier this year.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

3The Return of Back Ups Empty Re: The Return of Back Ups Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:07 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

With a back up you can justify a price hike what marvels been doing recently is just weak sauce. So marvel actually doing a back up is a good start in the right direction

4The Return of Back Ups Empty Re: The Return of Back Ups Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:23 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

Manhunter FTW!

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

5The Return of Back Ups Empty Re: The Return of Back Ups Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

I think it's hilarious that it's taken this long for the big 2 to decide it would be a nice thing to offer more content for the higher cost.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

6The Return of Back Ups Empty Re: The Return of Back Ups Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:56 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like the idea of back-ups, especially since the cost of comics have gone up, but I have to admit that if given the choice between back-up stories and a $2.99 comic, I'd pick the latter.

7The Return of Back Ups Empty Re: The Return of Back Ups Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:54 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:Manhunter FTW!
king

Lee wrote:I think it's hilarious that it's taken this long for the big 2 to decide it would be a nice thing to offer more content for the higher cost.
I know. I guess the prices started to slip?

Joshua wrote:I like the idea of back-ups, especially since the cost of comics have gone up, but I have to admit that if given the choice between back-up stories and a $2.99 comic, I'd pick the latter.
I think so, too. Back-ups are okay, but sometimes it is too linear, even for a comic.

8The Return of Back Ups Empty Re: The Return of Back Ups Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:31 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think it's a nice in certain cases. For characters that you can't justify giving a full series it's a good thing. Like for Spider-Girl. I love her, but her book didn't sell super well, so with a backup at least I can get my fix. However, a lot of the backups I don't care for or about. I could care less about Captain Atom and don't want to pay extra for a story I don't want. It might be better than paying extra and not getting extra material, but if the extra material I'm getting is of no interest to me than it's almost the same thing as paying more for nothing extra.

9The Return of Back Ups Empty Re: The Return of Back Ups Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:40 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I think it's a nice in certain cases. For characters that you can't justify giving a full series it's a good thing. Like for Spider-Girl. I love her, but her book didn't sell super well, so with a backup at least I can get my fix. However, a lot of the backups I don't care for or about. I could care less about Captain Atom and don't want to pay extra for a story I don't want. It might be better than paying extra and not getting extra material, but if the extra material I'm getting is of no interest to me than it's almost the same thing as paying more for nothing extra.
Well you could be paying that 1 more dollar for... lets say... NOT those extra pages. I'm just saying they're attempting, on some level, to give us our money's worth. I'm down right ready for one of the big two to go all Shonen Jump and just publish 200 page monthly comics on rice paper featuring like 8 different titles for 10 bucks a pop. I'd pay 10 bucks a month for 8 comics in one convenient package even if it only held 3 titles I actually wanted to read.

10The Return of Back Ups Empty Re: The Return of Back Ups Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:10 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:
Well you could be paying that 1 more dollar for... lets say... NOT those extra pages. I'm just saying they're attempting, on some level, to give us our money's worth. I'm down right ready for one of the big two to go all Shonen Jump and just publish 200 page monthly comics on rice paper featuring like 8 different titles for 10 bucks a pop. I'd pay 10 bucks a month for 8 comics in one convenient package even if it only held 3 titles I actually wanted to read.

It is nice that they are trying to give more content for the price increase, and I'm happy they are doing it. I'm just saying that if the back up is of no interest to me, and I don't even read it then it is very similar to paying for nothing extra.

11The Return of Back Ups Empty Re: The Return of Back Ups Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:25 am

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

The back up stories are also good to introduce readers to characters they either haven't noticed or cared about before. To be honest, until fairly recently, I only really knew a handful of characters from the DCU. But books like 52, and some of the newer titles with their back up stories have opened the door to more.

12The Return of Back Ups Empty Re: The Return of Back Ups Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:57 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

I skip'em.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

13The Return of Back Ups Empty Re: The Return of Back Ups Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:54 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've already signed up for The Shield, The Web, and Detective Comics, which have back-ups. I'm really enjoying what DC is doing.

14The Return of Back Ups Empty Re: The Return of Back Ups Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sometimes the back ups are too "quickly read" for me, so I been saving them up two or three issues at a time before I read them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum