Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it me, or... (Wumb board)

+49
Off_White_Lantern
dylanlukebillijo
Spideybono
Kameo_Kid
Batman25JM
jaydee74
midnight138
prescribeddrone
ChrisToPhenom
Splitty
Sean T. Collins
richjohnston
Demonweasel
Kupocat
superdoug
Heytherejeffro
Debaser77
Combo Mo
Metal Misfit
BlueMaxx
alucardbarnivous
Ska
Lee
Airwolf
mchampion
jester
Astro13Zombie
Administrator
potatojoe
Rath99
Esbat
Thundermatts
Mnemosis
shining knight
TENIME_art
Sci-Fi
Dr. Jonathan Crane
The_Donster
Foxy
Hannibal king
Denim
krpykrwly
Tripper McGee
Gojiratoho
Chi-Town Spidey
elijahdprophet
Joshua
Silent K
Solstrom
53 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 35]

1Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:34 pm

Solstrom

Solstrom
Cadet
Cadet

is Spat starting to get extra irritable in his responses and answers? Someone asked a question he already answered and he made it a point of saying it was in the FAQ "which no one reads but is posted on just about every page anyway."

It's a little thing, but how many times did Foxy answer the same friggin' parking question in the WWC thread for example? I dunno, something about that and he other recent responses have just gotten under my skin.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Joe Y, we continue to miss you.

Jeremy

2Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:36 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

While I probably give this guy more shit than he deserves, his attitude towards Foxy is what really chapped my hairy white ass.

Ever since, anything he says or posts just comes off as smarmy and condescending.

3Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:43 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:While I probably give this guy more shit than he deserves, his attitude towards Foxy is what really chapped my hairy white ass.
This.

Normally I'm willing to go to bat for the Wizard guys because angry fanboys are a whiny and irrational lot. However, his smart-ass, condescending attitude toward Kristin when she was asking questions as an exhibitor really got under my skin. From then on I've had a complete dislike for him. He didn't help his case when he continued to be a complete dillweed to her at the convention. I probably would have been more sympathetic to the douchebag had it not been for that.

4Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:48 pm

Solstrom

Solstrom
Cadet
Cadet

Joshua wrote:
Normally I'm willing to go to bat for the Wizard guys because angry fanboys are a whiny and irrational lot.

Totally agree. I've cut the guy a lot of slack personally because he's always been cordial to me and let's face it, he has a tough job. Compound that with only being on the job for a few months, and the notion that you can't please everyone all of the time, and I can see why he'd have a bad day now and then.

But again, treating exhibitors and customers with a modicum of respect is not to much to ask. Copping in attitude while answering questions will win few fans....

5Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:51 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

I don't like his rockabilly sensabilities.

6Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:52 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:While I probably give this guy more shit than he deserves, his attitude towards Foxy is what really chapped my hairy white ass.

Ever since, anything he says or posts just comes off as smarmy and condescending.

That ain't nothing Jason, you should of seen the unprofessionalism of this guy towards Foxy in person. I think I'm telling this story right, but Spat went up to Foxy and said "I was gonna buy the wumbers a pack of beer...here, you can have this." and placed an empty beer bottle by her. If I was there and wittness that I would have chucked that bottle to the back of his head.

I even asked if he would want Spidey to appear at some of the pannels. Volunteering and stuff, like last year. Joe Y loved the idea and made it happen and thanked me, what does Spat do? "I never heard of anyone not appearing to a pannel in costume." That's the response I got....what a dickweed!

Last edited by Spider-Man on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

7Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:55 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Spider-Man wrote:

That ain't nothing Jason, you should of seen the unprofessionalism of this guy towards Foxy in person. I think I'm telling this story right, but Spat went up to Foxy and said "I was gonna buy the wumbers a pack of beer...here, you can have this." and placed an empty beer bottle by her. If I was there and wittness that I would have chucked that bottle to the back of his head.

I was there....I thought all he said was "here's a present", and set the empty bottle down. He was sloppy drunk, and totally just WALKED into our conversation.

8Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:56 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

surprised Now I feel sh*tty for feeling sorry for him and giving him energy bars whenever I saw him at the convention.

9Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:57 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
Spider-Man wrote:

I was there....I thought all he said was "here's a present", and set the empty bottle down. He was sloppy drunk, and totally just WALKED into our conversation.

shake my head *chucks bottle to the back of his head when he walked away* What I would have said. "We wanted to return the present."

10Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:03 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not a fan of Spat. He can go whistle up a rope. Kristin rules, and no one talks to/treats her like that on my watch.

Last edited by Tripper McGee on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.PanelsOnPages.com

11Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:09 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Now I feel like a total pussy for not pushing him down an elevator shaft.

12Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:12 pm

Solstrom

Solstrom
Cadet
Cadet

Silent K wrote:

Good god is that crap. Wow what a dick move... and from someone employed by the convention organizers no less.

Spider-Man wrote:
shake my head *chucks bottle to the back of his head when he walked away* What I would have said. "We wanted to return the present."

This. Bravo sir, would have been perfect.

13Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:32 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
I thought all he said was "here's a present", and set the empty bottle down.

That's the sort of thing I would totally do....except I'd do it to close friends who would know I was joking around, not wander up to people I barely know when I'm drunk. I tend to like everyone I meet, but these stories are really making me upset at this guy. He said he was going to send me something as a thank you for the energy bars...maybe I'll have to bring it with me to PoPtober fest so we can have an Office Space Copier scene in your backyard K.

14Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:42 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Woah, I didn't hear about any of this.

Spat did come through with my free passes though so he's got that going for him, I guess. whistle

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

15Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Now I feel like a total pussy for not pushing him down an elevator shaft.

Dude...did you say that because that's also a line from "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"? Tell me you did.

http://www.PanelsOnPages.com

16Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:26 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:pussy pushing down shaft.
This is all I saw.

17Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:29 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Joshua wrote:
This is all I saw.

That is ALSO a line from a movie, but that movie is Gentlemen Prefer Blondes From Behind 12...

18Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:30 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
This is all I saw.

LMAO!!!

19Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:30 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

elijahdprophet wrote:
Joshua wrote:
This is all I saw.

That is ALSO a line from a movie, but that movie is Gentlemen Prefer Blondes From Behind 12...
I set'em up, you knock'em down. 8)

20Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:39 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That beer bottle thing he did, not cool.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

21Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:41 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Tripper McGee wrote:
Silent K wrote:Now I feel like a total pussy for not pushing him down an elevator shaft.

Dude...did you say that because that's also a line from "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"? Tell me you did.
I did not. unsure

22Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:42 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Silent K wrote:
Tripper McGee wrote:

I did not. unsure

When someone asks you if you are a god...

23Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

About the beer thing that's really uncool for it to happen to anybody, I don't care who it is. But our very own lovable Foxy???? I believe in Karma so i'm positive he'll get his. And in any case he can eat a dick.

24Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:30 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Solstrom wrote:is Spat starting to get extra irritable in his responses and answers? Someone asked a question he already answered and he made it a point of saying it was in the FAQ "which no one reads but is posted on just about every page anyway."
Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Joe Y, we continue to miss you.

Silent K wrote:
I just got caught up on threads over there. Wow. These people are paying customers and you're representing your company like that?

I know I've said this before but I just read it again, you'll get reprimanded for suggesting 'adult stars' but having guests who are best known for (and get billed for!) their appearance in Penthouse or Playboy is ok. Now that makes sense.

At least Joe is loving his new job.

Joshua wrote: However, his smart-ass, condescending attitude toward Kristin when she was asking questions as an exhibitor really got under my skin
That actually bothered me a lot. He's bragged several times about how many people he knows.. well Spatty, I know a lot of people, too. Want to know how many of them were happy with this con?

Spider-Man wrote:
That ain't nothing Jason, you should of seen the unprofessionalism of this guy towards Foxy in person.
When I first got set up on Thursday he ran by my table, asked real quick if things were ok, then ran off again. I didn't have a problem with this, Thursday nights can be hellish. What did get under my skin was Saturday afternoon. He was going up to every person who was set up in AA, introducing himself and saying 'thank you for being a part of Chicago Comic-Con 2009.' Except he only briefly looked at me and went straight to the guy next to me. That move really pissed me off. After he left my table mate Jordan gave me a look and asked 'What was up with that snub?'

Combine that with how he's been on the WUMB and Saturday night (where he also completely invaded my personal space when he set his empty Guiness bottle down next to me), and you should get a nice clear picture of my feelings.

I even asked if he would want Spidey to appear at some of the pannels. Volunteering and stuff, like last year. Joe Y loved the idea and made it happen and thanked me, what does Spat do? "I never heard of anyone not appearing to a pannel in costume." That's the response I got....what a dickweed!
That's bananas. People in costume are used all the time for panels and lots of different shows.

Solstrom wrote:Good god is that crap. Wow what a dick move... and from someone employed by the convention organizers no less.
If they had someone working customer service I'd write them.

Last edited by Foxy on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:09 am; edited 2 times in total

http://www.foxyart.net

25Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Empty Re: Is it me, or... (Wumb board) Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:30 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hannibal king wrote:I believe in Karma so i'm positive he'll get his.
Did you see him? I think he already did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 35]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum