Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

James Tiberius Gibbons

+24
CaptainHavok
Administrator
Tripper McGee
Denim
krpykrwly
TENIME_art
Joshua
Gojiratoho
TheSteve
Astro13Zombie
shining knight
alucardbarnivous
Sci-Fi
Esbat
Debaser77
Chi-Town Spidey
BlueMaxx
potatojoe
Batman25JM
Hannibal king
Splitty
Silent K
Lee
Mnemosis
28 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1James Tiberius Gibbons Empty James Tiberius Gibbons Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:07 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

The man has been let go by Wizard, and I would like you to all join me and my fellow PoP! Stars in saluting this great man!

2James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:09 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Anyone else smell bullshit?

I was going to bed when I heard and now am ALL a'tizzy.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

3James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:24 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Lee wrote:Anyone else smell bullshit?

I was going to bed when I heard and now am ALL a'tizzy.

You're welcome. Laughing

Love you, Jimbo.

4James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:55 pm

Splitty

Splitty
Ninja
Ninja

Ouch.

This one hits home.
Sad Sad

http://www.myspace.com/splitty

5James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:56 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Splitty wrote:Ouch.

This one hits home.
Sad Sad

While it sucks that he won't have a paycheck coming in for the time being, I can't help but be excited for Jim. He's fucking aces, and he'll be back to work soon at some place that isn't about to shutter its doors.

6James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:22 am

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

Silent K wrote:
Splitty wrote:Ouch.

This one hits home.
Sad Sad

While it sucks that he won't have a paycheck coming in for the time being, I can't help but be excited for Jim. He's fucking aces, and he'll be back to work soon at some place that isn't about to shutter its doors.

Damn straight, good luck to you Mr. Gibbons.

7James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:34 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is complete and utter shit.

Good luck Mr. Gibbons. I salute you.

8James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:45 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What the fuck? Why does Wizard get rid of all the good people? Hope all goes well for you Jim

9James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:00 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Best quote ever, from Jim "I was informed it wasn't performance based - which must be true, because I am awesome"

10James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:03 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Best quote ever, from Jim "I was informed it wasn't performance based - which must be true, because I am awesome"
Laughing

He seemed like a cool guy.

Fuck Wizard. That's right, I sezzed it.

11James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:23 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What the fuck!? Jim is a class act!!

Wizard has now comfirmed..."Yes, we stink."

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

12James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:52 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Kudos for Jim for escaping the Viking Death Ship that is Wizard Entertainment. He's going on to bigger and better things.

Still...Fuck Wizard!

13James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:19 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

[quote="Debaser77"]Kudos for Jim for escaping the Viking Death Ship that is Wizard Entertainment.quote]
That is a good point.

14James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:46 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Well, now that Wizard is dead...can we shift our attention to Between the Panels?

15James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:26 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Well, now that Wizard is dead...can we shift our attention to Between the Panels?

Aww, lol.

Don't worry, since he was fired he can collect Unemployment and laugh at us working chumps while he has hot, sweaty, drippy beard unemployed sex in between job googlings/interviews. Besides it seems like Marvel and DC seem to snap up Wizard's good crew so I'm sure Jim will be editing Spider-Man into a marriage or Batman into life within the month. The man is like unto a god!

http://realityfugitives.com/

16James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:06 am

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Good luck for Jim in whatever he does.

17James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:36 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sci-Fi wrote:Good luck for Jim in whatever he does.

Dude, don't say that... he could be with anyone's Mom right at this moment. Shocked

http://realityfugitives.com/

18James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:25 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

*raises a glass to a classy gentleman*

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

19James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:52 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I salute him he is indeed the man!

incidently this is the second time I've heard between the panels being mentioned. What is it?

20James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:32 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Well, now that Wizard is dead...can we shift our attention to Between the Panels?
Laughing yes

21James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:54 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

no seriously this is turning into some kind of injoke that I have no clue about

22James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:32 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Esbat wrote:
Sci-Fi wrote:Good luck for Jim in whatever he does.

Dude, don't say that... he could be with anyone's Mom right at this moment. Shocked

It would be my honor for Jim to be my new stepfather.

23James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:39 am

TheSteve

TheSteve
Cadet
Cadet

Jim Gibbons is a paragon of excellence and one of the finest writers, editors and all-around people that I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Not only is Jim a professional in whatever he does, he is imaginative, creative and just generally a good guy. Anybody who knows Jim knows they have been in the presence of Awesome - any place of work would be extremely lucky to have him and while I am outraged that he has been let go, I am at the same time excited for the opportunities and possibilities that are now open for him to explore.

So here's to you, Jim!

[Edit: Also, if you haven't been to Jim's amazing websites yet, here are some links:

Enemy of Peanuts
Nothing More American
Jim on Twitter

/edit]

http://theachatesfactor.wordpress.com/

24James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:48 am

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

See what happens when you knock Farscape Jim? Laughing

In all seriousness that was a shitty play by Wizard and hopefully they'll realize what a mistake they made....but not till after you've gotten a better job and all their pleading and begging falls on deaf, peanut hating ears.

Best of luck Jim, but I'm sure you'll recover from this quickly.

25James Tiberius Gibbons Empty Re: James Tiberius Gibbons Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:58 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

While being laid off is a pretty shitty deal in the short term, in the long term I think he'll be better off because of it. Jim is a rad guy and should bounce back pretty quickly (and probably find somewhere much better than Wizard).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum