Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim!

+4
TENIME_art
Debaser77
shining knight
BlueMaxx
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Empty The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:47 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Very cool! I wanted this box-set, but it was $50 for a series that is only 14 episodes.

But ya, every Friday at 12:00 AM (EST).
The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! The_officeuk__1229482173_9453

For Free! Laughing

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

huh adult swim eh?

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Great stuff. I've grown to love the US version more, but the original UK version is amazing.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've pointed it in the past without our version there would not be an american version

Debaser77

Debaser77

shining knight wrote:I've pointed it in the past without our version there would not be an american version

Quite right.

6The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Empty Re: The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:36 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I still plan to buy the DVDs.

But it's really nice that I won't have to wait until I can afford to do so to see the show. First episode(s) is(are) on my DVR! Can't wait!!

Very Happy

7The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Empty Re: The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:53 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

shining knight wrote:I've pointed it in the past without our version there would not be an american version
Obviously. Still, it developed into something completely different and a show of its own.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:huh adult swim eh?
Shut up, Mr. I-have-BBC-and-saw-it-years-ago...McJerk. Laughing

Why is the Irish prefix put on insulting nicknames? Suspect lol!

Tomer Soiker wrote:
Obviously. Still, it developed into something completely different and a show of its own.
Completely agree, but The Office (US) had the chance to add to the situations from the main series to help build up stories.

Debaser77

Debaser77

The first two episodes of the US version were adapted directly from the first two episodes of the original series, then it went in different directions.

10The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Empty Re: The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:46 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Meh. I didn't like it. There were only a couple of mildly funny moments. The rest was just boring or awkward.

Plus, I still hate live action shows being shown on Cartoon Network.

11The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Empty Re: The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:38 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Last night's episode was great, great stuff. It seems a little more taboo on certain subject matter, and I also keep forgetting that it is an "hour" long show.

12The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Empty Re: The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:45 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love the original version. I saw it years ago on BBC America and was glad to see the US version didn't ruin it the way the US version of Coupling ruined the original BBC version. If you have BBC America On Demand try to catch Coupling if it's still on.

13The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Empty Re: The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:51 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

The US version of Coupling didn't last long enough to ruin the original. I still love the BBC series.

14The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Empty Re: The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:03 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

New Girl" plays tonight at midnight and 4 in the AM. Smile

15The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Empty Re: The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:44 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gareth leaving with you know who at the end was gold.

16The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Empty Re: The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:41 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow. David isn't as good a person as Michael, it seems. Heh.

17The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Empty Re: The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:35 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ For the last episode, I'll just let the arrow speak for itself, and also that Gareth is a skeaze than a prude in the original. Heh.

18The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Empty Re: The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:18 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Another cringe-inducing episode. David was too much during the seminar.

...and I think I'm the only one still watching it? Heh.

19The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Empty Re: The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:45 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Guess so. Heh. Only three more episodes, I believe. The final one will be just in time for Christmas.

20The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Empty Re: The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:19 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

*crosses arms* Whatever! I'm enjoying it. Sleep

Now the two-part Christmas Special is next.

21The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Empty Re: The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:08 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ery true but people might still like the american version better. to each his own

22The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Empty Re: The Office (UK) Is Now On Adult Swim! Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:04 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Watched the final two-parter last night with the Christmas party after three years. I'm happy with the way it "ended" but still felt bittersweet. Which I guess is appropriate for the feel of the show.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum