Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gum, chocolate, pets

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gum, chocolate, pets Empty Gum, chocolate, pets Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:30 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Every year, kids in North America spend close to half a billion dollars on chewing gum, every second, Americans collectively eat one hundred pounds of chocolate, dogs and cats consume over $11 billion worth of pet food a year.

So, would America save more money "banning" gum, chocolate and pets, or does America make more money selling this stuff?

I ran across this question on a website, surfing for funny pictures, and was reading it. Lotsa math, no clear answers. Wanted to see what you all said. I'm not even sure what the guy(s) meant by saving money. I mean, these are all industries, right? So, companies'd go out of business, people out of work...?

2Gum, chocolate, pets Empty Re: Gum, chocolate, pets Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:52 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I guess it depends on if the chocolate, gum, and pet food is manufactured here. That'll stimulate economy much more than something that is exported.

Wow, I sounded smart.

3Gum, chocolate, pets Empty Re: Gum, chocolate, pets Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:18 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I know from the food channel gum and chocolate are fairly big industries here in the US. Can't say for dog/cat/fish food etc. But, i think the money "saved" wouldn't equal out against the factories closing, people losing their jobs, etc. Seemed to me, and i was drunk at the time, as very bad logic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]