Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Features and Columns

+10
LordD3r3k
Esbat
Topcat
Administrator
Mnemosis
shining knight
FroZen
Lee
Justin
Silent K
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:44 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Is there no way to get to the columns page from the messageboard page?

27New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:59 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

LordD3r3k wrote:Is there no way to get to the columns page from the messageboard page?

Not yet. We're working on it.

28New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:00 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

LordD3r3k wrote:Is there no way to get to the columns page from the messageboard page?
We're working on getting the crossover from the board to the site a little more refined. They're hosted at different places, which makes it tricky. I'm close to a solution, though.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

29New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:03 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lee wrote:We're working on getting the crossover from the board to the site a little more refined. They're hosted at different places, which makes it tricky. I'm close to a solution, though.

Ah ok, gotcha. Thanks for the head's up, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't blind or something Laughing

30New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:39 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Are we allowed to make suggestions? unsure

31New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:09 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Yes. Only half of the people making suggestions will be shot on sight.

The other half will be hanged.

32New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:48 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Yes. Only half of the people making suggestions will be shot on sight.

*Puts on kevlar vest*

So last night I was reading a bunch of the reviews you guys do (good stuff BTW), and I thought it would be cool if you chose one or two books a week and two people review it together. Like an Ebert & Ropert kind of thing. You guys could talk about the issue over AIM or something, and then post the transcript of the conversation.

For entertainment purposes, I'd say chose two people who normally don't have the same reading tastes, that way it's not a complete love-in or bashfest of the book. But when both people do agree on the same opinion, then the reader really knows if that book is worth buying or avoiding.

Of course, putting this together would depend on schedule availability, but if you guys could make it work I think it would be an interesting feature.

33New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:05 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

someone to do stuff involving the uk? Wink

34New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:06 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Okay, Derek, you're on my list. Weirdo...

"lordd3r3k - Possible telepath. Approach with high caution."

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

35New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:07 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

shining knight wrote:someone to do stuff involving the uk? Wink
Good idea!

I wonder if Jehrek is available...

36New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:22 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

.....I love you you do know that (no not in a lee/mnemosis way)

37New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:27 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Seriously, a focus on UK comics (or any other international comics) can be nice when we get out of the American boundaries.

(Said the Israeli slob)

38New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:36 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've always wanted to do a column focusing on 2000ad for years (wizard said no annoyingly)

39New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:42 pm

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
So last night I was reading a bunch of the reviews you guys do (good stuff BTW), and I thought it would be cool if you chose one or two books a week and two people review it together. Like an Ebert & Ropert kind of thing. You guys could talk about the issue over AIM or something, and then post the transcript of the conversation.

For entertainment purposes, I'd say chose two people who normally don't have the same reading tastes, that way it's not a complete love-in or bashfest of the book. But when both people do agree on the same opinion, then the reader really knows if that book is worth buying or avoiding.

Of course, putting this together would depend on schedule availability, but if you guys could make it work I think it would be an interesting feature.

I like this idea - esp. posting a real-time transcript, or occasionally even a video of the discussion. Esp if it gets 'lively' Wink

"I'd like to begin the meeting... but first - THE WHORES!"

http://www.tamarasanime.com

40New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:44 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like that!

41New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:49 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

We didn't have whores, but Lee and Mnemosis did very dirty things to each other. And to Silent K.

42New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:53 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

god I want to see that! Shocked

I kid

43New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:16 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spidey_82 wrote:Okay, Derek, you're on my list. Weirdo...

"lordd3r3k - Possible telepath. Approach with high caution."

Laughing

I knew you were going to say that! Wink

44New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:20 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I knew you were going to say that!

Stallone: The worst crime commited to a comic book before batman and robin appeared

45New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:13 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I know you can be notified if someone replies on the messageboard, but can you also be notified if someone replies to articles on the Home page?

46New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:41 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Not that I know of. We can tell from the Admin board, but that's it.

47New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:51 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

LordD3r3k wrote:
Mnemosis wrote:Yes. Only half of the people making suggestions will be shot on sight.

*Puts on kevlar vest*

I like this idea, I just don't know how feasible it'll be. If this site ever makes us enough money for me to quit the day job, I'll gladly spend my time talking to my fellow PoP! stars online, discussing this week's comics. For now, I think the current approach is going to have to do.

48New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:16 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think that's a great idea, but I think it would work best in a video or audio format.

49New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:29 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I think that's a great idea, but I think it would work best in a video or audio format.

Really? I used to love the TMQB's at the WUMB, but once they switched to the podcast it totally killed it for me. It was less accessible

50New Features and Columns - Page 2 Empty Re: New Features and Columns Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:41 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:I knew you were going to say that!

Stallone: The worst crime commited to a comic book before batman and robin appeared
if it wasn't for Stallone and Armand Assante I wouldn't be the Judge Dredd fan I am today.

http://realityfugitives.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum