Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Floppies versus trades

+18
Debaser77
Tom
Off_White_Lantern
Combo Mo
jaydee74
Sir Not
Heytherejeffro
Metal Misfit
prescribeddrone
Batman25JM
andy546
BlueMaxx
Administrator
blue halo
Rath99
Esbat
shining knight
Joshua
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Floppies versus trades - Page 2 Empty Re: Floppies versus trades Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:49 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

I buy mainly floppy issues and get most of them for a buck in read condition. I only get trades when they are on sale or would be less than buying the issues contained. Of course trades look nicer but Im not about to pay $20 for a trade when the back issues contained would cost me half that.

27Floppies versus trades - Page 2 Empty Re: Floppies versus trades Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:36 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

I'm going the trades route for the most part.
If I don't care about condition or whatever, then yeah, I'll get the floppies cause they're so cheap.

28Floppies versus trades - Page 2 Empty Re: Floppies versus trades Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:51 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Based on my experience, trades have a much higher resale value than floppies. I can't get anyone to take many of my unwanted back issues, but I can go to a used bookstore and unload some trades for cash or store credit.

29Floppies versus trades - Page 2 Empty Re: Floppies versus trades Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:53 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Off_White_Lantern wrote:Of course trades look nicer but Im not about to pay $20 for a trade when the back issues contained would cost me half that.

In that case, Amazon and Ebay are your friends.

30Floppies versus trades - Page 2 Empty Re: Floppies versus trades Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:34 pm

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:Based on my experience, trades have a much higher resale value than floppies. I can't get anyone to take many of my unwanted back issues, but I can go to a used bookstore and unload some trades for cash or store credit.
I do this too. I hate waiting for the trade to come out. I always feel like I'm "behind in the story" but trades seem to be the way to go these days.

31Floppies versus trades - Page 2 Empty Re: Floppies versus trades Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:05 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Marvel is coming out with their trades much sooner once the story arc is completed. This might make me buy trades more often.

32Floppies versus trades - Page 2 Empty Re: Floppies versus trades Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:31 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I much prefer floppies, but there are some books that I will just read in trades. Overall I just like the experience of buying and reading floppies over the experience of buying and reading trades.

33Floppies versus trades - Page 2 Empty Re: Floppies versus trades Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:55 am

AlienIncognito

AlienIncognito
Pirate
Pirate

I buy trades. I usually buy the first issue of a series or story arc and determine if I want to invest in the trade or just drop it. It is hard to be behind everyone else but it's worth it for me. I'm also more likely to re-read a trade than handle valuable comics any more than necessary.

34Floppies versus trades - Page 2 Empty Re: Floppies versus trades Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:34 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You know I have a lot of comics, more than my wife realy wants me to have. I tell her that they are important and that my son (8 now) will want to read them some day and it is something that we can share.

The thing is for key books, like the first Uncanny X-men Stories, Pheonix Saga, and most of the old Claremont stuff, I probably wouldn't trust him reading even when he is 15. So for certain stories, ones that I like to reread over and over again, or lend to other people to read I get trades, or essentials books.

So I would add to your list Joshua -- Trades are better for irresponsible people.

I'm fortunate that my comic shop Comic Evolution in Puyallup WA has the best trade collection I've ever seen in my life. He has at least 50FT of shelves waste high dedicated to trades.

35Floppies versus trades - Page 2 Empty Re: Floppies versus trades Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:53 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:Marvel is coming out with their trades much sooner once the story arc is completed. This might make me buy trades more often.
I do love Marvel because of that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum