Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Amazing Spider-Man

+27
Jango Fett
Debaser77
Tom
Foreigner_Man
Rath99
potatojoe
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Fresh03
Sci-Fi
rwe1138
LOOSECANNON
comicgeekelly
Bigtymin504
jaydee74
BlueMaxx
Nymn
prescribeddrone
Administrator
blue halo
Esbat
ajorton
Chi-Town Spidey
shiky800
shining knight
Mnemosis
Lee
sumpter360
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

151Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:15 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ASM #635

Best issue of ASM since the very emotional Rhino ish.

4/5 - Very gritty, almost a 4.5, but a twist or turn too many (Chameleon). Loved the back-up story as well. Makes Kaine a lot more interesting than ever.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

152Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:21 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just want to cry....Joe must of gotten dumped by a redhead and this is his revenge.

Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 1277914054

I'm getting this entire arc for free though! HA!!!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

153Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:31 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow Grim Hunt totally blew my expectations. I'm still feeling a bit blahish so in the last few weeks I wasn't really in the mood to read but I read parts and 1 and 2 today and wow- this is up there as one of the best recent Spidey stories so far. Can't wait to see Venom and Anti-Venom.

154Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:09 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:Wow Grim Hunt totally blew my expectations. I'm still feeling a bit blahish so in the last few weeks I wasn't really in the mood to read but I read parts and 1 and 2 today and wow- this is up there as one of the best recent Spidey stories so far. Can't wait to see Venom and Anti-Venom.

I don't think that Venom or Anti-Venom will show up. The Chameleon just said that to trick Peter.

155Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:56 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Damnit, forgot about that.

156Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:48 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

lol!

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

157Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:33 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

636 was the weakest of the Grim Hunt, but that's not saying that this was a bad book at all. I'm all for a crazy brawl next issue if that's what's going to happen.

158Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:00 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

good issue. great arc.

159Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay this makes ZERO sense what-so-ever!

Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Prv5786_pg3

But so does everything else Joey Q touches when it comes to Spider-Man.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

160Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:46 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Chi-Town Spidey wrote:Okay this makes ZERO sense what-so-ever!

The wedding was altered in the timestream because of OMD. This story will be what happened at the wedding in current continuity.

161Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:05 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

637 finished up the Grim Hunt, which I thought was a fantastic arc. The art was a perfect fit for the story.

162Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:47 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:637 finished up the Grim Hunt, which I thought was a fantastic arc. The art was a perfect fit for the story.

Agreed! Great arc by Joe Kelly, which isn't surprising, and an epic cap to "The Gauntlet" over the last year or so. We saw Peter pushed to the absolute edge and go primal on the Kravinoffs. The ending was perfect with Kraven and his family of psychos. I also liked the new role for Julie Carpenter (Arachne) as the new Madame Web.

163Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:05 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't wait until Grim Hunt comes out in trade. It sounds pretty good.

164Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:57 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

Anyone read the latest? It was the first part of the O.M.I.T. storyline. The issue is a mix of the wedding annual and new pages by Quesada and co. So far:

Spoiler:

So far, the story is pretty lame, but I'll check out the rest to see if they answer all the questions we've been wondering about since they did the whole OMD retcon.

165Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:51 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nymn wrote:Anyone read the latest? It was the first part of the O.M.I.T. storyline. The issue is a mix of the wedding annual and new pages by Quesada and co. So far:

Spoiler:

So far, the story is pretty lame, but I'll check out the rest to see if they answer all the questions we've been wondering about since they did the whole OMD retcon.

Yeah I read it, pretty underwhelming stuff. It wasn't that bad but I was expecting MJ's whisper to Mephisto to be WAY more profound. The new stuff mixed with the retro wedding issue was kinda cool but overall this was just meh.

166Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:15 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm still not sure what to think about 638. I thought the blending of the new and old stuff was pretty cool, but I'm not sure if I'm really liking the story. I'm not hating it, but I'm not loving it either.

On another note some big news came out of the Spider-Man panel at Comic Con. Starting in November Dan Slott will be the only writer on the book. It will only come out twice a month, but the price will be raised to $3.99. Artists for Amazing will be Stefano Caselli, Marcos Martin, and Humberto Ramos.

167Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:01 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I figured it'll be 3.99 but twice a month and 4 bucks now? That's thin ice there.... I might drop it from my pull list and just get specific issues instead.

Although this is cool...

Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 1280099699

168Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:06 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

3*3=9
2*4=8

I really don't see why you would drop it if the price is the reason. Even though the price went up, it'll still be cheaper to read it now that they cut ti down to two issues.

169Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:28 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:
On another note some big news came out of the Spider-Man panel at Comic Con. Starting in November Dan Slott will be the only writer on the book. It will only come out twice a month, but the price will be raised to $3.99. Artists for Amazing will be Stefano Caselli, Marcos Martin, and Humberto Ramos.

Hmmm... I dropped ASM a while ago because frankly I thought it was sucking. I do want to pick up Grim Hunt when it comes out in trade though. I loved Joe Kelly's American Son arc, and I'm a HUGE fan of Michael Lark's art. Anyway, I may have to try picking up the book again when it goes to twice a month. I'm not really a Dan Slott fan. I liked Avengers: Initiative, but I think most of that was due to Christos Gage. I HATED, just HATED Slott's run on Mighty Avengers. I also didn't care for his issues of ASM that I read. However, since he'll be the only writer I may like it better. I was hating the short arc and revolving writers. Also, I'm a big fan of the art of both Caselli and Ramos.

170Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:32 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, it's a dollar cheaper but just annoys me that they're raising the price, as comics get more expensive I'm going to be more selective to what I commit to by putting it in a pull list. I won't drop it right away, but maybe at some point if I have to cut down on books and the arcs aren't awing me that much.

Last edited by prescribeddrone on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total

171Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:33 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was really hoping that once they went to one writer that writer would end up being Joe Kelly. His stories have been the best in BND.

172Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:39 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Agreed. His arcs were the best ones.

173Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:42 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:I was really hoping that once they went to one writer that writer would end up being Joe Kelly. His stories have been the best in BND.

Same here. If Kelly were the only writer I'd definitely be picking it up.

174Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:37 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:I was really hoping that once they went to one writer that writer would end up being Joe Kelly. His stories have been the best in BND.

I've been hoping for Kelly too when they went back to a one writer format. Slott's Spidey stories have been solid enough but certainly haven't been the best of the bunch during this trice-weekly run...Kelly, Van Lente, and Wells did the best work IMO. That said, I've liked most of Slott's work so I think he'll do a good job. Plus, Casselli is easily one of my favorite artists. Ramos and Marcos Martin are great choices too.

Also, Djurdevic at it again.
Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Spidey

I'm pretty sure I'll own all of these huge gorgeous posters of his at some point.

175Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:20 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

OMIT started out kind of meh...I'll stick with it to see how it goes. I am a fan of Paolo Rivera's art and love how his work looks in this book.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum