Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Azrael

+4
prescribeddrone
Combo Mo
Batman25JM
LordD3r3k
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Azrael Empty Azrael Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:30 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not jammed packed with excitement, but it's a good continuation of previous installments throughout the Bat-books. Like I said elsewhere, I really like the idea of this character, so I hope they'll really put some effort and support behind him. There's an interesting tension between him and Grayson, and that last page definitely raised an eyebrow.

2Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:57 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, who exactly is the new Azrael?

3Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:05 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:So, who exactly is the new Azrael?

Remember back in Morrison's run when he did the arc with the 3 versions of Batman? Well, they turned out to be cops who volunteered for an experiment to "become" Batman should the real deal ever disappear, since the GCPD realized how much having a Batman around reduced crime. But most of the volunteers couldnt handle to rigorous mental training and went a bit crazy. There was only one trainee that was able to cope, and his name was Michael Lane. He was the third "Batman" in that arc who was able to capture Bruce and torture him for a bit, ultimately disappearing at the end of that story. Over the last year, he's been recruited by an off-shoot of the Order of St. Dumas to wear the Suit of Sorrows and become the new Azrael.

4Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:06 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:So, who exactly is the new Azrael?

Remember back in Morrison's run when he did the arc with the 3 versions of Batman? Well, they turned out to be cops who volunteered for an experiment to "become" Batman should the real deal ever disappear, since the GCPD realized how much having a Batman around reduced crime. But most of the volunteers couldnt handle to rigorous mental training and went a bit crazy. There was only one trainee that was able to cope, and his name was Michael Lane. He was the third "Batman" in that arc who was able to capture Bruce and torture him for a bit, ultimately disappearing at the end of that story. Over the last year, he's been recruited by an off-shoot of the Order of St. Dumas to wear the Suit of Sorrows and become the new Azrael.

Okay, thanks.

Sounds kinda interesting, but I doubt I'll ever check it out.

5Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:10 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Okay, thanks.

I'll let you know how the first arc turns out, maybe it'll be worth it as a Trade

6Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:13 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Okay, thanks.

I'll let you know how the first arc turns out, maybe it'll be worth it as a Trade

Cool, thanks.

Who's writing it?

7Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:26 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Cool, thanks.

Who's writing it?

Fabian Nicieza. He's been pretty much handling the character since Reborn started.

8Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:28 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

Who's writing it?

Fabian Nicieza. He's been pretty much handling the character since Reborn started.

Hmmm... If, in your opinion, the first art ends up being good then I think I'll have to pick it up. What I've read of Nicieza I've liked.

9Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:28 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Similar costume?

I might check out the first issues at least...see if I like it.

10Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:32 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Combo Mo wrote:Similar costume?

I might check out the first issues at least...see if I like it.

Here's the new look:

Azrael 250px-Azrael_1

I dig it. It's modern but still has that superhero feel

Last edited by LordD3r3k on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total

11Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:32 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^
Very cool.

12Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:34 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Combo Mo wrote:^
Very cool.

Indeed. The cool thing is, quite awhile back Mnemosis and I had a conversation about how the Suit of Sorrows (when it first appeared) should be worn by a new Azrael and that's exacty what DC's done. Hopefully they'll take the idea in a great direction because there's alot of potential there

13Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:45 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This was okay but not worth getting monthly. At least not to me.

14Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:49 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:This was okay but not worth getting monthly. At least not to me.

Might be alittle early to judge that, considering it's one issue. BUT.. I'm willing to stick with it and give my opinions each month for those who don't tag along Wink

15Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:16 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

I was kinda iffy on the recent mini. I didn't like the art, so I didn't bother.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

16Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:29 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There's something about this book that makes me keep reading it. I have no idea who any of the characters are and yet I'm still interested. I don't think I see myself dropping this one in the near future.

17Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:19 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's interesting to see that Ra's has taken notice of our new Azrael, but then again, Ra's does want his suit back.

18Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:43 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

Who's writing it?

I like him. Question. Is there any connection between this Azrael and Jean Paul Vallely? Does he belong to the Order of St. Dumas?

19Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:16 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I like him. Question. Is there any connection between this Azrael and Jean Paul Vallely? Does he belong to the Order of St. Dumas?

The current Azrael belongs to a splinter cell offshoot of the Order of St. Dumas. But as of the latest issue, it appears that the main faction is starting to recognize the new Azrael as their own as well.

20Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:43 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I had this on my punchlist but put it back due to the art.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

21Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:01 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:There's something about this book that makes me keep reading it. I have no idea who any of the characters are and yet I'm still interested. I don't think I see myself dropping this one in the near future.

Guess I can't see into the future because I am dropping this. I get sucked in by the covers and them the stuff inside isn't that great. Last issue will be my last.

22Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:37 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

yeah, I absolutely loved the crossover with the Batman books that led into this series then the first issue just fell flat for me. The art was terrible. I dropped this and Batgirl in the same day. Now I see Batgirl getting some pretty good reviews so I might trade it. Azrael, this won't last.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

23Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:07 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Azrael #4 - BEAUTIFUL COVER. I love this new suit, it's just so badass looking. But yeah, the art inside definitely suffers. I am still interested in seeing where they take this character though

24Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:09 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Azrael #8 & 9

Beautiful covers. Great new costume and weapons. So why does this book suck more than a hooker on a busy day? Your guess is as good as mine. For one, the interior art definitely hurts. Especially when the covers are gorgeous. It's a painfully disappointing contrast. Then there's the story. Or should I say the mindnumbingly uninteresting story. Really, where is this going? Would it kill someone to make him do something cool? "I kill random nobodies who sin". Who cares? By 9 issues in, there should be some hook developed, and sadly, there isn't. I'd hate to drop this because there was so much potential there, but it looks like it's heading that way. This really needs to turn around fast.

25Azrael Empty Re: Azrael Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:48 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Azrael #11

You know, the underlying story here has potential. The church is covering up the truth about the death of Christ, and the sect Azrael works for wants to expose it. That's kinda cool. Too bad the writing is atrocious.

Man, it's just a damn shame.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next