Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone using Audible?

+3
nerraux
jaydee74
Ronald_raygun
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anyone using Audible? Empty Anyone using Audible? Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:14 pm

Ronald_raygun

Ronald_raygun
Cadet
Cadet

I have been hooked on Audible.com. Have any of you tried it out? I don't have much time to sit down and flip through a book, although I wish I could, but I have gotten through about half of The Count of Monte Cristo just on my commute. If you have tried, any suggested books?

http://hibbitybibbard.com

2Anyone using Audible? Empty Re: Anyone using Audible? Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:06 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love Audible. I've got some great stuff from there.

3Anyone using Audible? Empty Re: Anyone using Audible? Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:32 pm

nerraux

nerraux
Cadet
Cadet

I dig audiobooks but am too poor to afford a subscription to anything. Fortunately, I stumbled upon PodioBooks.com where there is a treasure trove of free stories by independent authors. If you're into sci-fi/horror, I HIGHLY recommend checking out Phil Rossi's 'Crescent', JC Hutchins' '7th Son Trilogy', anything by Scott Sigler and Mur Lafferty's 'Playing for Keeps' and 'The Takeover' about zombies taking over corporate America. Also look into the podcasts Pseudopod, EscapePod, and CrimeWAV. There's so much great stuff out there for free.

http://AwfulShow.com

4Anyone using Audible? Empty Re: Anyone using Audible? Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:12 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Cool. This looks like a fun thing to get into. I like audiobooks and books mutually, but it could be that the audiobooks are a little more costly. I'm not the type to scoff at audiobooks as a forming of illiteracy or an action of laziness. Being read a story can be more fulfilling when you're just not in the mood to focus on reading, especially small print and tired. Give me a good orater and I'm happy.

5Anyone using Audible? Empty Re: Anyone using Audible? Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:57 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

nerraux wrote:I dig audiobooks but am too poor to afford a subscription to anything. Fortunately, I stumbled upon PodioBooks.com where there is a treasure trove of free stories by independent authors. If you're into sci-fi/horror, I HIGHLY recommend checking out Phil Rossi's 'Crescent', JC Hutchins' '7th Son Trilogy', anything by Scott Sigler and Mur Lafferty's 'Playing for Keeps' and 'The Takeover' about zombies taking over corporate America. Also look into the podcasts Pseudopod, EscapePod, and CrimeWAV. There's so much great stuff out there for free.

I second this. Alot of the free stuff is pretty good.

6Anyone using Audible? Empty Re: Anyone using Audible? Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:53 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I used Audible as soon as I didn't like what I was seeing from the Defense.

7Anyone using Audible? Empty Re: Anyone using Audible? Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:47 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

nerraux wrote:I dig audiobooks but am too poor to afford a subscription to anything. Fortunately, I stumbled upon PodioBooks.com where there is a treasure trove of free stories by independent authors. If you're into sci-fi/horror, I HIGHLY recommend checking out Phil Rossi's 'Crescent', JC Hutchins' '7th Son Trilogy', anything by Scott Sigler and Mur Lafferty's 'Playing for Keeps' and 'The Takeover' about zombies taking over corporate America. Also look into the podcasts Pseudopod, EscapePod, and CrimeWAV. There's so much great stuff out there for free.

I love PodioBooks.com. JC Hutchins's stuff is great and I am a big fan of Mur Lafferty. You should check out her website at: http://murverse.com/

Audible is a great site though and I highly recommend it.

8Anyone using Audible? Empty Re: Anyone using Audible? Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:07 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have but haven't in a while... I'd like to get a Harry Potter collection going.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum