Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justice Society of America

+12
Metal Misfit
LordD3r3k
Batman25JM
Debaser77
rwe1138
shiky800
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
shining knight
jaydee74
Spider_Fan14
BlueMaxx
Aussiemandias
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:44 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #36 was just meh for me.

I am very happy that Jesus Merino is back, but that was the only thing that really thrilled me.

It was just standard comic book fare. The encounter that Liberty Belle had was just cliched and it bugged me.

Spoiler:

77Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:10 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ It's just a time anomaly. Those pesky Nazis only have time-travel as their trump-card.

Man, if you don't like the title, why read it? I don't think I've seen a good comment about this title, amongst others, from you and some others, yet you guys keep reading. Not trying to be snappy, just trying to understand.

78Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:29 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I had good comments about the title a few issues ago, before the team (writing and actual JSA) split. I just didn't like the last two filler issues, and this one, while better wasn't that great. There are a couple of reasons I keep getting the book. One, I love some of the characters (Alan, Jay, Ted, and Mr. Terrific). Second, I know the book can be good. It has been in the past, and I'm hoping it reaches that level again soon.

79Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:16 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:No one has talked about issue 36?! Man, Nazis are back! And the whole past-tense being told from a Holt 20 some years in the future has my interest piqued.

Yeah I'm kind of curious to see what's happening. But the Nazi story I just wrote is better Wink

80Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:51 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:No one has talked about issue 36?! Man, Nazis are back! And the whole past-tense being told from a Holt 20 some years in the future has my interest piqued.
I thought it was definitely an improvement but still feeling a bit clunky. I am interested to see what's going on.

I'm one of the people who's been critical of the book and still getting it. This is mainly because I'm locked in 3 months ahead with my comics so when I start to not like something I'm stuck getting it for 3 months! However, in the case of JSA I'm still in hope of it improving so I've been holding out. My feeling at this stage though is that Willingham is just not great with this kind of book. I think when I place my order for June there's a couple of books going to get the chop.

81Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:29 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The first part of this story was ok but I am just not interested anymore and I think I may drop JSA.

82Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:32 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#37 developed oddly. Still confused as to how everything'll be corrected. Time travel...opposite universe? don't know

83Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:50 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:#37 developed oddly. Still confused as to how everything'll be corrected. Time travel...opposite universe? don't know

My guess would be the first. Travel back and destroy the machine so that no one loses their powers.

I have to say, I had no idea what Terrific meant when he asked that girl if she just committed treason. Where we supposed to get that he looked at her computer from that panel? I flipped back and forth about 3 times before just moving on.

So, not a bad read but far from being wow-ed.

84Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:11 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
I have to say, I had no idea what Terrific meant when he asked that girl if she just committed treason. Where we supposed to get that he looked at her computer from that panel? I flipped back and forth about 3 times before just moving on.
Glad you brought that up, I was a little confused myself. I was thinking that it may have been something she was saying, or the mere fact that she is giving special time to someone where there isn't full authority, specifically to a omega-level intellect with unfathomable eidetic memory...? Felt clueless. Is she...helping him, just was being really subtle to where it won't be revealed until next ish? Due to the fact that they very well could be being recorded and all that. Feel like I'm reaching though.

85Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:26 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Glad you brought that up, I was a little confused myself. I was thinking that it may have been something she was saying, or the mere fact that she is giving special time to someone where there isn't full authority, specifically to a omega-level intellect with unfathomable eidetic memory...? Felt clueless. Is she...helping him, just was being really subtle to where it won't be revealed until next ish? Due to the fact that they very well could be being recorded and all that. Feel like I'm reaching though.

Well, I thought she might be helping him too, so you might not be too off. We'll see I guess..

86Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:59 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:
Glad you brought that up, I was a little confused myself. I was thinking that it may have been something she was saying, or the mere fact that she is giving special time to someone where there isn't full authority, specifically to a omega-level intellect with unfathomable eidetic memory...? Felt clueless. Is she...helping him, just was being really subtle to where it won't be revealed until next ish? Due to the fact that they very well could be being recorded and all that. Feel like I'm reaching though.

LordD3r3k wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:Glad you brought that up, I was a little confused myself. I was thinking that it may have been something she was saying, or the mere fact that she is giving special time to someone where there isn't full authority, specifically to a omega-level intellect with unfathomable eidetic memory...? Felt clueless. Is she...helping him, just was being really subtle to where it won't be revealed until next ish? Due to the fact that they very well could be being recorded and all that. Feel like I'm reaching though.

Well, I thought she might be helping him too, so you might not be too off. We'll see I guess..
My thinking was that perhaps it was because she discussed a bit more about the Darkness Engine than she should have (ie. saying that if they hadn't surrendered they may have prevailed).

Anyway, I think I'm dropping this title as well as JLA. I've given the new creative team a chance and I love Fables but Willingham just isn't hooking me with this series. I find myself incredibly uninterested in this storyline and even less interested in these protagonists - I'm just finding all these nazi bad guys incredibly dull. So it'll be 2 more issues of JSA for me and I'm out.

87Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:31 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This issue took an interesting if weird turn but I'm not all that interested in this anymore.

88Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice Society of America #37

I hated the first half of the story. It had a silver age feel (in a bad way). It was just too much of a generic mega brawl. That has been seen a billion times, and it's getting old. The Nazi bad guys are pretty boring. I can't get over how ridiculous their names are.

The second half that dealt with what was left of the heroes was better, but I still didn't love it.

I'm 90% sure I'm going to drop this book after this arc. It saddens me because I love the JSA (especially Jay, Alan, Ted, and Mister Terrific), but I can't keep justifying buying this when I don't enjoy it anymore.

89Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:07 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If next issue is the last issue of this story, it will be the last issue I get of this series.

90Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:26 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Eh, it isn't that bad. And it is a bump. Sometimes endings can be redeeming too.

91Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:10 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

True. Very true. I'm just no longer impressed with the creative team anymore and it's time for cuts.

92Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:29 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I get that. I'm comfortable, now that I've pushed Marvel out of droplist. I've been looking at indies. But now that I've amped my list with a few DC/Vertigo titles, I may be out of room for a while.

93Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:51 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

I'm holding this book with fingertips at arms length over a deep hole. Ready to drop.

94Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:57 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:I'm holding this book with fingertips at arms length over a deep hole. Ready to drop.
And just like that....it's gone.

95Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:23 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just read #37 and I think I liked it the best of this arc so far. I dunno, just that vibe. I wish that Merino did a better job making the prisoners of the death camp thing at the end a bit more different then each other.

96Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:14 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I honestly thought this was going to be the last part of the story. NOPE! Another issue to go. This story really feels like a lot of filler to me. I'm just waiting for the JLA/JSA crossover which it seems that the JLA issue has set up already so I just want this story to be done with already. I remember an issue of World's Finest that felt similar to this but the issue of World's Finest was miles and miles better.

97Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Mon May 03, 2010 11:40 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

#38 was okay but I'm just not feeling this Alternate Nazi Future story. It's weird that JLA is featuring more JSA members than the main JSA book.

98Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Mon May 03, 2010 2:56 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:#38 was okay but I'm just not feeling this Alternate Nazi Future story. It's weird that JLA is featuring more JSA members than the main JSA book.

I noticed that too. Maybe a prelude to the JLA/JSA team-up?

99Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Tue May 04, 2010 9:31 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

^ Could be. At least that would make the book somewhat relevant to the DCU as a whole.

100Justice Society of America - Page 4 Empty Re: Justice Society of America Thu May 06, 2010 3:33 am

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

now see i kinda like this arc. i actually picked up ish 37 because of the cover. i really dont read many titles, mostly because i can't afford to. My titles have been reduced to my essential(s) which at the moment are Blackest Night(i've got issues 1-7, waiting to get 8 and start Brightest Day), Azrael(the new series which im loving) and the occasional Bat-Book.(which at the moment are Batman and Robin{for the return of Bruce Wayne}, and another Bat-title which i can't exactly remember the title of at the moment, but its taking place before Bruce went missing and dealing with Arkham, had a great cover). But i saw the cover with the Nazi villains or whatever, and just thought "Hurm. that's different, wander what that's all about" and i always love new/obscure kinda characters, and it caught my eye.im enjoying the arc, it does have a lil bit of a silver age feel, but for me it's in a good way. Loved The Joker in issue 38, cracked me up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum