Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Planetary

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Planetary Empty Planetary Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:33 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(not too sure if this belongs in this part of the forum or the DC Comics part so i'll take a jab and guess)

OK, i read the first tpb of the series Planetary (which here was under twenty bucks and won over me picking All-Star Superman vol. 1 tpb) and i found it kind of... odd. It was interesting to me, but some things i don't really understand but maybe that's just me not really understanding Ellis' writing. It didn't feel like a story until the last issue, ish #6, and it was the thing that made me understand the plot and the past issues. What happens to that Japanese writer-anarchist at the end of issue #2? And how does the rest of the series stand up?

2Planetary Empty Re: Planetary Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:13 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:(not too sure if this belongs in this part of the forum or the DC Comics part so i'll take a jab and guess)

OK, i read the first tpb of the series Planetary (which here was under twenty bucks and won over me picking All-Star Superman vol. 1 tpb) and i found it kind of... odd. It was interesting to me, but some things i don't really understand but maybe that's just me not really understanding Ellis' writing. It didn't feel like a story until the last issue, ish #6, and it was the thing that made me understand the plot and the past issues. What happens to that Japanese writer-anarchist at the end of issue #2? And how does the rest of the series stand up?

What happens to that Japanese writer-anarchist at the end of issue #2?

I thought he died? I'm pretty sure he's dead.

And how does the rest of the series stand up?

It's great. The series only gets better. It's fun to read through it and then go back and relate the series to other comic stories (in other words, play "find what superhero/villain are they relating to"). It's worth the money. yes

3Planetary Empty Re: Planetary Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:15 am

Goose

Goose
Cadet
Cadet

Pretty good series and you start putting the pieces together of a bigger story in the second trade. Do yourself a favor and go back and get All-Star Superman.

4Planetary Empty Re: Planetary Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:05 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Goose wrote:Pretty good series and you start putting the pieces together of a bigger story in the second trade. Do yourself a favor and go back and get All-Star Superman.

nah, i'll just put it on my christmas list.

5Planetary Empty Re: Planetary Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:06 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
What happens to that Japanese writer-anarchist at the end of issue #2?

I thought he died? I'm pretty sure he's dead.

And how does the rest of the series stand up?

It's great. The series only gets better. It's fun to read through it and then go back and relate the series to other comic stories (in other words, play "find what superhero/villain are they relating to"). It's worth the money. yes

OK yeah i reread the story and i see him dead, the book seemed a bit better by not rushing through it i just have a habit of that.

6Planetary Empty Re: Planetary Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:10 am

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

man I haven't read Planetary in a couple years! After seeing this thread I have the urge to dig out all my old issues and re-read them!

7Planetary Empty Re: Planetary Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:23 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

has volume 2 come out yet? i saw solicts for volume 3 in the back of my volume 1 book and wondering where were the ads for volume 2?

8Planetary Empty Re: Planetary Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:48 pm

Kelson

Kelson
Cadet
Cadet

Spider_Fan14 wrote:has volume 2 come out yet? i saw solicts for volume 3 in the back of my volume 1 book and wondering where were the ads for volume 2?

Trade or Absolute? The second and third trades have been out for quite a while, though I suppose they could be out of print. Volume 4 comes out next March, and DC is reprinting Absolute Planetary vol.1 next summer to coincide with Absolute Planetary vol.2.

http://speedforce.org/

9Planetary Empty Re: Planetary Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:21 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kelson wrote:
Spider_Fan14 wrote:has volume 2 come out yet? i saw solicts for volume 3 in the back of my volume 1 book and wondering where were the ads for volume 2?

Trade or Absolute? The second and third trades have been out for quite a while, though I suppose they could be out of print. Volume 4 comes out next March, and DC is reprinting Absolute Planetary vol.1 next summer to coincide with Absolute Planetary vol.2.
i meant trade, maybe it won't be out in my bookstore for a bit, i'll try to keep looking.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]