Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

fun comics vs grim and gritty

+5
alucardbarnivous
prescribeddrone
Aussiemandias
BlueMaxx
kidspider2099
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1fun comics vs grim and gritty Empty fun comics vs grim and gritty Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:18 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Personally i for the fun comics i like comics that fun reads that aren't going all grim and stuff. While their is a place for grimness in comics i kinda think its kinda overdone a little. Fun comics are awesome. I think comics were always meant to be fun. Like when in the early days of spider-man stan lee made them fun but at the same time it also dramatic but its dramatic in all the right places it was perfect balance.

2fun comics vs grim and gritty Empty Re: fun comics vs grim and gritty Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:34 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Completely agree. I'd say some of my favorites are the "grim and gritty" comics but it is so overdone. Too many roll-your-eyes moments with books trying to be darker. Especially right now. Reminds me of the Early 90s.

And ya, the "fun", friendly comics can be really refreshing. I think that's why I'm enjoying Power Girl so much, although it has pretty simple ideas.

3fun comics vs grim and gritty Empty Re: fun comics vs grim and gritty Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:12 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I choose both. I see no reason why there isn't room for both styles.

4fun comics vs grim and gritty Empty Re: fun comics vs grim and gritty Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:45 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like both.

5fun comics vs grim and gritty Empty Re: fun comics vs grim and gritty Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:03 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Both have their merits.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

6fun comics vs grim and gritty Empty Re: fun comics vs grim and gritty Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:47 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:Both have their merits.

that they do.

I like grim and gritty to a point. I think funny comics ahould balance out grim comics.

7fun comics vs grim and gritty Empty Re: fun comics vs grim and gritty Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:56 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't like just one type of music, food, movies, or comic books.
Variety is the spice of life.

8fun comics vs grim and gritty Empty Re: fun comics vs grim and gritty Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:14 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I love fun comics for the whole family with characters dying in very brutal ways. That's the best of both worlds.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

9fun comics vs grim and gritty Empty Re: fun comics vs grim and gritty Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:07 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:I like both.
same here.

10fun comics vs grim and gritty Empty Re: fun comics vs grim and gritty Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:09 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

killing time fun for the whole family

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum