Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread

+8
shining knight
riv1
BlueMaxx
blue halo
Silent K
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Administrator
ChrisToPhenom
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:38 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just because you post a thread about something that's first of it's kind on a board doesn't mean it's "official". Enough said...

P.S.: Also-no one cares if you're first to comment, douchebags!

Last edited by ChrisToPhenom on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

2The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:56 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Who's "know one" and why does he care about such things?

I agree. Nothing's official without a Rights Reserved or Copyright claims. Also, everything you post here - "official" or not - is a property of Panels on Pages and its Rancor lawyers.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

3The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:44 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Who's "know one" and why does he care about such things?

I agree. Nothing's official without a Rights Reserved or Copyright claims. Also, everything you post here - "official" or not - is a property of Panels on Pages and its Rancor lawyers.
Laughing Yep. I just wanted to vent here-there's nothing wrong with just leaving out the "official". I also hate on YouTube, you have YouTubers saying, 'First comment, b-tches". Who the f-ck cares?! That's why you have 3 red thumbs down! evil

4The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:52 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:

Laughing Yep. I just wanted to vent here-there's nothing wrong with just leaving out the "official". I also hate on YouTube, you have YouTubers saying, 'First comment, b-tches". Who the f-ck cares?! That's why you have 3 red thumbs down! evil

I hate most comments on Youtube and virtually most places on the internet. They reek of idiocy and make me mad that such people are breathing my air. shake my head

5The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:03 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Actually, if I post a thread that says, "Official", it's true.

This thread is now Official.

6The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:12 am

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Well look at you, Mr. Fancypants, with your fancy pants... I got nothin'.

7The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:26 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

ChrisToPhenom wrote:
If only giving someone a red thumb on YouTube would've banned them from the website after a couple of these.

Silent K wrote:
Not when it's in between quotation marks. tongue

8The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:08 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hahaha-it took me until this morning to see what I did wrong. I was sleepy last night when I posted this looking at your comment saying, 'I know this is correct!...'

Tomer Soiker wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote:
If only giving someone a red thumb on YouTube would've banned them from the website after a couple of these.

Hahaha! Yes, but that would be too much-people who make an honest opinion would be banned...unless they are banned from commenting on anything other than you're own videos. Yeah, I think that should be how it works just to stop unnecessary collisions unless you're like me and remember that jacka$$. Laughing I usually make comments that get over 5 green thumbs up.

Silent K wrote:
Exactly. whistle

9The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:44 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

10The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:09 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Haha! So it begins.

11The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:51 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

10th reply, bitches!

12The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:56 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

and this is why I named my pop comic thread unofficial it stops stuff like this from occuring Laughing

13The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:50 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Unofficial threads are so much more cooler than Official Threads Laughing

14The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:46 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:Unofficial threads are so much more cooler than Official Threads Laughing
Maybe so but you don't have to let everyone know that! "Official", "Unofficial"-lets end this negative quality and just post the thread! Yes, I said it...it's douchey! evil

15The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:05 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

16The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:09 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Personally, I like it when someone puts Official in the title. I know in reality it doesn't mean anything, but it looks better IMO, and it lets people know that that thread is where to go to talk about the subject.

17The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

So if someone creates a thread about the movie Thor simply titled "Thor" in the appropriate forum, people won't know it's the one and only topic for the movie unless it's titled "The Official 'Thor' Thread"? Nonsense.

18The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's not what I meant. What I meant was that it lets people know that it is the definitive thread for all things dealing with the subject. Sometimes people start a thread about a subject but only want to talk about a certain aspect of it (maybe casting). By putting official in the title it makes it THE thread to go to. But, obviously if you don't put official in the title people will still know what you are talking about and can still figure out that it is the main thread. It's just a personal preference.

19The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:21 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:Unofficial threads are so much more cooler than Official Threads Laughing
Maybe so but you don't have to let everyone know that! "Official", "Unofficial"-lets end this negative quality and just post the thread! Yes, I said it...it's douchey! evil

Laughing Laughing Laughing neutral

I really don't care what a thread is called...I will post in anything...and i have Twisted Evil Laughing

20The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:44 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:

I really don't care what a thread is called...I will post in anything...and i have Twisted Evil Laughing

You slut! I love you

21The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:58 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Tomer Soiker wrote:

Silent K wrote:

Not even if "Bruce Wayne" says so?

22The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:27 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, one good reason why I hate about "Official" in the title of a thread is because in the index, it takes unnecessary room showing only "The Official" and the next word with only three letters and periods.

Can an administrator edit the board in it's "Structure and Hierarchy" option and increase the title length in the index to 35? If these "Official" threads won't end, then at least make it easy for members to see what it is. Here's how it looks on my board (under-construction) in the link below and it was smart choice-

http://thecity.forumotion.com/forum.htm

23The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:32 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:Well, one good reason why I hate about "Official" in the title of a thread is because in the index, it takes unnecessary room showing only "The Official" and the next word with only three letters and periods.
Wow, an actual real reason!The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Stupid

24The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:44 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

ChrisToPhenom wrote:Well, one good reason why I hate about "Official" in the title of a thread is because in the index, it takes unnecessary room showing only "The Official" and the next word with only three letters and periods.

Can an administrator edit the board in it's "Structure and Hierarchy" option and increase the title length in the index to 35? If these "Official" threads won't end, then at least make it easy for members to see what it is. Here's how it looks on my board (under-construction) in the link below and it was smart choice-

http://thecity.forumotion.com/forum.htm
We'll think about it. No. Maybe. We'll see. No. Hmmm... no. Okay. Perhaps.

25The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Empty Re: The "Official" [Subect Title] Thread Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:15 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sounds like what i tell my kids when the answer's gonna wind up being no. Heh.
Tomer's the board's daddy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum