Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

multi issue story arc's or self contained one story issues?

+6
comicgeekelly
rwe1138
Spider_Fan14
BlueMaxx
Rath99
kidspider2099
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I personally like one story issues. It's a quick read and they
usually good reads you don't have to buy several issues just to
know whats going on. I do like multi issue story arcs i'm not a
huge fan of story arc thats go like ten parters thats a little
much or takes place in more than book. I like smaller stories
Thats why i like exiles most of the stories were 3 parters or
less and some where single story issues. One best of the best
exiles issue was single parter (that was the danish issue)I
think thats one of the thing that killed exiles was that the
jack booted thug made the issues six parters and that format
didn't work for the book.

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like multi-part issues with an occasional self contained story. Multi-part stories allow for more detailed and complex stories to be told. I like arcs that are about 4-6 issues.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nowadays, I agree with KidSpider. They can get a bit longwinded, and with so many titles--just becomes a hassle to remember every bit of tid.

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

single issues don't have enough story in them. There's no time for a story to develop.

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:single issues don't have enough story in them. There's no time for a story to develop.

thats not totally true one issue is enough time for a story to develop its just not a really deep story.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Now I'm not saying I want them all to do the transfer to very linear like the old days, just every once in a while would be nice. Story-arcs that take half a year to tell a piece of a chapter wears on me. But it isn't awful.

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

in general i'm not a big fan of 6-12 parters. i like what Morisson's doing in Batman & Robin with each arc three issues long but i hope he can do some done in one issues.

rwe1138

rwe1138

Depends on the title.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Id say recently one issue stories haven't been that great (other than the last issue of Secret Six). I'm a fan of long stories when they are well done and not overly drawn out. I'm a fan of the 3 to 4 issue arcs.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I can't remember the last time there were self-contained issues in most of my titles that weren't one-shots. Heck, even annuals to certain titles are. Batman: Streets of Gotham may be about it. Roughly.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

When done like fables does I prefer the multi issue arcs

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I generally prefer multi-issue arcs, so long as the story stays clear and doesn't get muddied up for the sake of it being a multi-issue arc.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I much prefer multi issue arcs (I like 5 or 6 issue arcs the best). I'm not too big a fan of self contained stories. Sometimes they're okay, but most of the time nowadays they don't have anything to do with what's going on with the main book/story, they're pointless.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't see any reason not to like both.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The reason I like multi issue arcs better is I like a grander story. Lots of done in one issues seem rushed. Now, if it's a good one issue story then I'll like it, but lots of them focus on characters I don't care about, or don't have anything to do with what is generally going on in the book, they are placeholders.

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I don't see any reason not to like both.

I agree and I do but for bigger stories and development you have to go multi-issue.

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:
Joshua wrote:I don't see any reason not to like both.

I agree and I do but for bigger stories and development you have to go multi-issue.

nothing wrong with that. Both are good i just like smaller
stories.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum