Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

selling your toys, comic, and dvds for a girl?

+14
FroZen
shining knight
riv1
The_Donster
MillionDollarGeek
prescribeddrone
ChrisToPhenom
Silent K
BlueMaxx
Sci-Fi
potatojoe
Ska
Cliff
kidspider2099
18 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Would you do it? If you seeing a woman and told you either sell your crap you and her are done would you sell your stuff or would you kick her to the curb.

Cliff

Cliff
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Honestly, I'd find a way to make a compromise. I don't have that big a collection, give or take five boxes of comics, and those are important to me. I don't collect comics for the sake of collecting them. I don't go crazy if I can't track down that rare chromium cover variant of X-Men #1 with collectible scratch-n-sniff Wolvie's pits card. What I collect, I read. "She-Hulk," "Excalibur," "Roger Rabbit," "Ghostbusters"...they all get read, again and again.

The same with my toys. I buy what interests me, what looks cool, and what would look good with my Ghostbusters toys. Same with the DVDs.

Frankly, it saddens me to know that there are people out there that have that kind of ultimatums. If people can't take others for what they are, then those people aren't worth the trouble.

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ultimatums are for crazy bitches.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

kidspider2099 wrote:Would you do it? If you seeing a woman and told you either sell your crap you and her are done would you sell your stuff or would you kick her to the curb.

Look at it this way, this woman loves you for a reason. Why change what she fell in love with which essentially you and your geekiness. I'm not saying that in relationships that you should not compromise with your loved one, but if she is saying "it's me or the toys" then the relationship really probably has more deep seated issues then the items in question. Before you do something drastic like selling off items that you find emotional connections to I would probably ask why she has such an issue with them in the first place. Perhaps you could employ logic, relate it to something that she holds valuable and ask her if she would appreciate if you were to ask her to sell that off. If you love someone then you really shouldn't have to prove it to each other by random acts of selling items. I love you

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DeathByChickFlix wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:Would you do it? If you seeing a woman and told you either sell your crap you and her are done would you sell your stuff or would you kick her to the curb.

Look at it this way, this woman loves you for a reason. Why change what she fell in love with which essentially you and your geekiness. I'm not saying that in relationships that you should not compromise with your loved one, but if she is saying "it's me or the toys" then the relationship really probably has more deep seated issues then the items in question. Before you do something drastic like selling off items that you find emotional connections to I would probably ask why she has such an issue with them in the first place. Perhaps you could employ logic, relate it to something that she holds valuable and ask her if she would appreciate if you were to ask her to sell that off. If you love someone then you really shouldn't have to prove it to each other by random acts of selling items. I love you

actually there is no woman making me do this i was thinking about this cause i just watched 40 year old virgin and it make think about that kinda thing.

also yes girls that make you between you and something else are crazy I had a girlfriend make choose not over my stuff or her it was actually over my best friend or her.

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If I girl doesnt want me for who I am, I dont need them

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I'd probably try and ask why she wants me to do it. And if the reasons are dumb. I'd probably either tell her to re think it or I'm not gonna deal with someone who wants me to sell my stuff due to dumb reasons.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was wondering if it was about that movie. Laughing That's movies. Those type of scenarios are mostly in movies. If a person is shallow enough to be embarrassed by your hobbies and the stuff you own over deeper things, then they aren't a good person and should've just left you alone. Not exaggerating for effect, that's sociopathic domination.

But, to be empathetic, I mean, sometimes people may need to rethink things. Like if pretty much everything they own is comicbook related or some other form of entertainment, even some furniture, to the point of complete circus looking rooms througout the house (Hope I'm not knocking anyone. Wink. Nothing wrong with a designated room.)And they're hobby or what have you effects/affects a relationship. But, if that person enjoys it, that's their deal, and the other person should just know better than to deal with someone like that if they know they're not compatible with this type of person.

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

But....in 40 Year Old Virgin she didn't give him an ultimatum. She was doing it to help him realize his dream.

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hm...this is a good question. There's no problem with selling my things-some of my toys and comics maybe but my Blu-rays and DVDs? F-ck that, I'm keeping my movies and music no matter what anyone says because those two are like two batteries to me-I can't live without them. But it wouldn't hurt to have some extra money...

But seriously, ultimatums like that isn't cool-I don't think I'd have time for it.

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If a girl can't accept me for who I am, she isn't worth it. That's all there is to it. People who try to mold you into something that you're not aren't worth dealing with.

One of favorite quotes-

"We're like actors, turned loose in this world to wander in search of a phantom, endlessly searching for a half formed shadow of our lost reality. When others demand that we become the people they want us to be, they force us to destroy the person we really are. It's a subtle kind of murder. The most loving parents and relatives commit this murder with smiles on their faces."

Jim Morrison.

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kick her to the curb... Or find someone else that is doing the same thing... my wife. lol.

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

I remember by the time I was 20 I had a pretty good comic collection. A New Years Eve party was coming up and I needed bucks fast for a date with my buddies sister, so I sold my collection. On the way to the club she told me that she had gotten back together with her boyfriend. Inside I was crushed, but I told her that she should have been honest with me blah, blah. Later that night I met who would become my 1st wife and I still miss my collection, neither women were worth it. That being said, all the misery that I've gone through with another failed marriage was worth it to find my current wife. I still remember her showing me her Playmates Next Generation collection back in the day. One of our first weekend trips together was a sci fi convention and I still swear that I saw her at a X Files collection way before we met. Because I believe in the butterfly effect, I wouldn't change a thing. I just wish I would have met her sooner and still had that collection. She would be worth sacrificing it for Wink

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No, i wouldn't give up any of my geek stuff, or ANY stuff, for a woman. Do it one time and you'll do it the rest of your life.

I was at a comic shop years ago and a couple at the register had apparently been argueing. The guy yells at her "These were here before you and they'll be here AFTER you." He had his priorities in order.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well I done it to get my ass to america so I could do it for a girl

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
even some furniture, to the point of complete circus looking rooms througout the house (Hope I'm not knocking anyone. Wink.

Are you making fun of my dining room Blue??!! Mad

selling your toys, comic, and dvds for a girl? Dining10

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is why god created pods.

selling your toys, comic, and dvds for a girl? Pods

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Silent K wrote:But....in 40 Year Old Virgin she didn't give him an ultimatum. She was doing it to help him realize his dream.
Right, the better reference would be the season one episode of the Big Bang Theory when Penny tells Leonard to grow up and stop playing with toys.

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Years ago, I didn't so much get rid of my collection - though it was small at that time - as I did box it away, and stopped buying new issues because the girls I was dating couldn't get behind a relatively normal guy in his 20s still reading comic books. When I first moved in with my wife, I unpacked my stuff, and pulled out my comics. When she said "Cool! What do you have?" I knew she was the one! My wife not only "allows" it, but encourages my geekiness. If there's anything she'd want me to change, it isn't that.

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

NO!

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:But....in 40 Year Old Virgin she didn't give him an ultimatum. She was doing it to help him realize his dream.
Oh, ya. Trish was cool. You know that actress is actually 50? That shocked me.

The_Donster wrote:That being said, all the misery that I've gone through with another failed marriage was worth it to find my current wife. I still remember her showing me her Playmates Next Generation collection back in the day. One of our first weekend trips together was a sci fi convention and I still swear that I saw her at a X Files collection way before we met. Because I believe in the butterfly effect, I wouldn't change a thing. I just wish I would have met her sooner and still had that collection. She would be worth sacrificing it for Wink
This tickled an "awww" out of me. happy

FroZen wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:
even some furniture, to the point of complete circus looking rooms througout the house (Hope I'm not knocking anyone. Wink.
Are you making fun of my dining room Blue??!! Mad
selling your toys, comic, and dvds for a girl? Dining10
neutral No. I meant a nerdy...room. That is a very nice...dining room.

Is that really your dining room? 'Cause it is nice, but it is such a girl decorated room. Heh.

Astro13Zombie wrote:NO!
lol! thumbs up

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing No that's not really my dining room Blue, I'm just messin' around. Wish it was though...without all the girly colors that is... unsure

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:If I girl doesnt want me for who I am, I dont need them

This is exactly what I was gonna say.

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

blue halo wrote:
Right, the better reference would be the season one episode of the Big Bang Theory when Penny tells Leonard to grow up and stop playing with toys.

while that is a better example i forgot about that episode and i based on forty cause of a comment ska made in my 40 year virgin thread in the movie section.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum