Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hellboy 3

+8
AlienIncognito
Spaced4SimonPegg
Spider_Fan14
supervenom
rwe1138
prescribeddrone
Gandicles
BlueMaxx
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hellboy 3 Empty Hellboy 3 Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:54 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As those who are fans know, Guillermo has committed himself to The Hobbit movies, and will be awhile until Hellboy 3 comes out.

From Wiki:
A third movie is in the conception stages, set to focus on the combat between Hellboy and a brainwashed Archangel that had been held captive by Nazis since World War II. There will also be the return of Rasputin and Kroenen, and the debut of Roderick Zinco. New B.P.R.D Agents include Lobster Johnson and possibly Roger the Homunculus. The prophecy of Hellboy becoming the Beast of the Apocalypse will be fulfilled, and additionally, Hellboy will have to learn to be a father to twins. Del Toro's commitments to the Hobbit films will delay any potential involvement in the project.

Sounds like loose talk to me.

With Mignola collaberating with all the movie, even the animated features, he was wanting the movie Hellboy-verse to have a completely different ending than he has planned for the comics. The rumored date of release will be 2012, appropriately if so.

2Hellboy 3 Empty Re: Hellboy 3 Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:36 am

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

I still don't like the whole Liz/Hellboy relationship, but that don't stop me from enjoying the movies. And hey, if Mignola approves, I approve.

Now I look forward to Lobster Johnson awesomeness.

3Hellboy 3 Empty Re: Hellboy 3 Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:16 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That plot sounds a lot cooler than the 2nd movies plot.

4Hellboy 3 Empty Re: Hellboy 3 Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:26 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

I hope it happens, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

5Hellboy 3 Empty Re: Hellboy 3 Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:05 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

sounds cool. hope they manage to get Roger in this time.

6Hellboy 3 Empty Re: Hellboy 3 Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i really liked the second movie and will be looking forward to this. i hope they have a little appearance the agent myers guy from the first movie and he's still pissed that he was transfered to antarctica.

7Hellboy 3 Empty Re: Hellboy 3 Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:18 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I will give it a watch I like Del Toro and I thought the second one was better.

8Hellboy 3 Empty Re: Hellboy 3 Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:42 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gandicles wrote:I still don't like the whole Liz/Hellboy relationship, but that don't stop me from enjoying the movies. And hey, if Mignola approves, I approve.

I always liked that back and forth, will-they-get-together schtick in the comics, but ya, the movies did nicely, I thought.

Oh, and as for Lobster Johnson! thumbs up

prescribeddrone wrote:That plot sounds a lot cooler than the 2nd movies plot.
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I will give it a watch I like Del Toro and I thought the second one was better.
^ This. I'm not sure if PD was slighting or not, but I loved The Golden Army. Showed the range of mythologies HB and the BPRD deal with.

supervenom wrote:sounds cool. hope they manage to get Roger in this time.
Me, too. He's in the one of the museum hallways if you look hard enough in both movies. Specifically I can remember the scene where Agent Myers is being introduced to the subterranean HQ of the facility and was talking about the death of Hitler, correcting Prof. Bruttenholm, and Prof. says, "Did he now?" Right behind Myers with his puzzled face is Roger in the corner, inanimate.

Spider_Fan14 wrote:i really liked the second movie and will be looking forward to this. i hope they have a little appearance the agent myers guy from the first movie and he's still pissed that he was transfered to antarctica.
Ya, I didn't mind Myers. I always like when they introduce minor agents in the series and it was neat take.

rwe1138 wrote:I hope it happens, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
It'll happen.

'Hellboy 3' Three Or Four Years Away, Says Guillermo Del Toro
“We’re three, four years away from anything happening—so I don’t think anyone is, you know, in a big hurry,” he revealed in an exclusive interview with MTV News.

The Oscar-nominated director, who is now attached to a pair of “Lord of the Rings” prequel “Hobbit” films, has already expressed interest in returning to Mike Mignola’s Hellboy franchise when his schedule clears up. His latest response sounds like a clear confirmation that he and Universal still have the big red hero on their minds."
- Brian Warmoth
Rest of article - http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/01/29/hellboy-3-three-or-four-years-away-says-guillermo-del-toro/

“Don’t tell my family, but I would love to do Hellboy 3 consecutive to the Hobbit. The first movie was 2004, the second movie is 2008 so if the third movie is 2012, 2013, it’s not that far off.”
Guillermo del Toro

9Hellboy 3 Empty Re: Hellboy 3 Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:36 pm

AlienIncognito

AlienIncognito
Pirate
Pirate

I've enjoyed the franchise thus far. It got me into the comics. I really hope they make this.

10Hellboy 3 Empty Re: Hellboy 3 Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:34 am

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

well i thought the second movie was great so i can't wait to see what they have planned for this movie

11Hellboy 3 Empty Re: Hellboy 3 Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:23 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Gandicles wrote:I still don't like the whole Liz/Hellboy relationship, but that don't stop me from enjoying the movies. And hey, if Mignola approves, I approve.

See, I think this is where the movie succeeded. They could have copt out, like they did in Pretty in Pink and let Myers win Liz's heart. Instead they went against the grain and let Hellboy win. For those wondering WTF DONSTER, Pretty in PINK?!?!? I've seen and read a few interviews with Jon Cryer stating Molly Ringwald's character was supposed to end up with Duckie. Ringwald didn't feel this was believeable and wanted her to be with the richie douche, which is why Hughes probable did Some Kind of Wonderful. Back to topic, I think we saw a nice progression of not only Liz and Hellboy's relationship, but his relationship with the rest of the team. Even Johann fit in by the end of the movie. I just wish HB's relationship with the director would have progressed. Instead they decided to use him as comic relief, instead of the mentor relationship he was gearing up for towards the end of the first movie.

12Hellboy 3 Empty Re: Hellboy 3 Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:53 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I liked Manning. They grew into this tongue-in-cheek hate relationship. HB just learned to respect him at the end of the movie, not like him. Remember after the credits started during the first one, they transition back to Manning asking where everyone was and the audience hearing the shriek of Sammael was comic relief. He was always portrayed as such. Even in his coldest moments.

13Hellboy 3 Empty Re: Hellboy 3 Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:23 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

I'm talking more of the lighting the cigar with a match instead of lighter. Clearly he was out of his depth when it came to the BPRD and the comic relief. Had they transitioned his character further in the sequel and left out that final scene I think that would have made his character evolve with the rest. I love that actor, I'll watch him in just about anything, even Welcome to the Captain. He's comedy gold.

14Hellboy 3 Empty Re: Hellboy 3 Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:07 am

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

My whole thing against the Liz/Hellboy relationship is the fact that wasn't she like, twelve when they first met?

I dunno, It's kind of like if Wolverine were to hook up with Jubilee or Kitty Pryde. It just feels weird.

15Hellboy 3 Empty Re: Hellboy 3 Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:37 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

I loved the first two Hellboy films and would definately be up for more. I didnt think Golden Army did very good at the box office though. Trust me if theres money to be made they will get a third film in.

16Hellboy 3 Empty Re: Hellboy 3 Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:37 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:I'm talking more of the lighting the cigar with a match instead of lighter. Clearly he was out of his depth when it came to the BPRD and the comic relief. Had they transitioned his character further in the sequel and left out that final scene I think that would have made his character evolve with the rest. I love that actor, I'll watch him in just about anything, even Welcome to the Captain. He's comedy gold.
I do like that actor. And I suppose he could've become the next respected head of the BPRD, but it wouldn't have fit Hellboy and his father, Bruttenholm. The professor made it seem like a family, but, like in the books, the government took over, it became more of a...well, another cold, government operation. So it only fits that HB would not care for him or what he brings to the BPRD.

Gandicles wrote:My whole thing against the Liz/Hellboy relationship is the fact that wasn't she like, twelve when they first met?

I dunno, It's kind of like if Wolverine were to hook up with Jubilee or Kitty Pryde. It just feels weird.
Oh, okay. I get that. But if it is any consolation, Wolverine aged normally until he reached his prime of about early 20s, and seems to only have reached roughly 30 as of present. As for HB, he ages pretty slowly. Even Agent Clay pointed out that he'd be in his early/mid 20s. So he would've technically been around her age. Heh. *shrugs*

Off_White_Lantern wrote:I loved the first two Hellboy films and would definately be up for more. I didnt think Golden Army did very good at the box office though. Trust me if theres money to be made they will get a third film in.
The movies have always payed for themselves in box office, with a little bit of profit to grab. It was the dvd sales that made it a successful franchise.

17Hellboy 3 Empty Re: Hellboy 3 Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:17 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

I really really enjoy the Hellboy movies. H2 is my favorite comic book movie so far and one of my favorite movies. Not being completely faithful to the comics has never bothered me, so long as they don't do something terribly Baraka-pool in the Wolverine movie-kind of drastic. The actors are terrific and Del Toro is awesomely imaginative. I would love to see a third one, but I'm not too sure it will happen. With the Hobbit release date getting pushed back again and again, which is to be followed by presumably Frankenstein and that End of Days thing he's doing, I doubt a third one will even get made anytime soon, if not one getting made at all.

18Hellboy 3 Empty Re: Hellboy 3 Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:08 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Hellboy 2 is in my top 5 ocmicbook movies.

19Hellboy 3 Empty Re: Hellboy 3 Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:09 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

HB2 was alright, the plot focused on romance too much for my tastes. But I really enjoyed Hellboy 1.

20Hellboy 3 Empty Re: Hellboy 3 Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:22 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Hellboy 2 is in my top 5 comicbook movies.
Good to hear I'm not alone. Very Happy
prescribeddrone wrote:HB2 was alright, the plot focused on romance too much for my tastes. But I really enjoyed Hellboy 1.
That's perfectly understandable, I talked with some of my friends about the Hellboy films and it seems like everybody has their own opinion on the two.

Gandicles wrote:Now I look forward to Lobster Johnson awesomeness.
I remember an article saying Del Toro wants Bruce Campbell in the role.

21Hellboy 3 Empty Re: Hellboy 3 Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:38 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I think those are rumors. Funnily, they keep coming back to the surface as "truth". 'Course, maybe this time it is?

I just remember reading an interview and without skipping a beat del Toro was like, "Campbell. Boom. Done." tongue But then went on to say that Mignola is very protective of each character, but especially HB, Liz, and Lobster Johnson.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]