Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

[scrubs]

+8
Fresh03
comicgeekelly
Batman25JM
Tom
Ben Akers
Debaser77
AlienIncognito
ChrisToPhenom
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[scrubs] Empty [scrubs] Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:34 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

But I thought season 8 was the ending! I guess I won't be buying a box set anytime soon now. From what I heard is that this was supposed to be a spin-off but the title is getting so many good ratings that they stayed with it. I guess the ones who cried at "My Finale Pt. 1 & 2" may just cry again...in a good way I mean. I'm sure however long the show lasts until a proper ending comes, you might just weep again.

I personally don't care to watch it today or any day until it goes off the air because I've already seen loads of reruns on MyNetworkTV already.

What's your opinion on this?

Last edited by ChrisToPhenom on Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

2[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:49 am

AlienIncognito

AlienIncognito
Pirate
Pirate

I'm not sure about the comeback. The change in status and cast changes are kind of making me nervous but I remain hopefully optimistic.

3[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:19 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I was a fan of this show, but it's completely overstayed its welcome. And I thought Zack Braff left the show, but all the ads show him in them.

4[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:55 am

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Zach Braff is back for a few episodes to had off the reins to the new narrator amongst other things.

I'm hesitant about the new status quo of the show, but I'll give it a chance since the last season really brought the show back to where it needed to be.

5[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:07 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

I love Scrubs.
However, I'm kinda hesitant about this season.
And since I have to work tonight and do not own a DVR, I guess I'll have to wait to see the season/series premier.

6[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:26 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I saw Donald Faison on the Tonight Show on Conan O'Brien last week and I heard him mention about Scrubs coming back on December 1st and I was like, 'What? This must be a rerun or something' but it wasn't I'm a bit surprised it's coming back. But who knows-it could very well still have it's charm...I'll TiVo it-it seems like a whole different show when you look at the teasers.

7[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:34 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm thrilled it's coming back. I LOVE Scrubs. I know lots of people thought it lost it's charm or whatever, but I never did. Last season was great.

I'm going to miss JD/Zach Braff a LOT, but I think I'll still enjoy the show. The loss of the Janitor and Ted is upsetting, but I guess I can deal. At least Eliza Coupe (Denise) was elevated to a regular. I I love you her.

8[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:46 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm still not sure if I want to watch this show. I'm afraid that it'll ruin the perfect ending that they gave it last season.

9[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:49 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Still not sure what to make of the new direction of the show, Sacred Heart was torn down and moved to a University and the regular doctors on the show are now professors at Med School.

Some of the new characters are amusing, #1 (forget his name), was actually very amusing in allot of his scenes, Denise is still a riot even if she did get a little soft, JD was marginalized for obvious reasons, Turk is still Turk, Dr. Cox is still Dr. Cox (thank goodness).

The seemingly new lead character Lucy seems like a cross between JD and Elliot (there's a nice little surprise for Scrubs fans about those two by the way), hopefully they'll write her with a more original personality in future episodes since I couldn't really get into her.

I'm missing allot of the old cast though, Janitor, Ted, Carla, etc... are tough to replace.

I'll give it a few more episodes, particularly after Braff leaves for good to see where the new direction takes us, as of right now it just feels like they're trying to take too much of the old show and throw it at a new wall to see if it sticks instead of trying to make the new direction seem like something different from what came before with some mixed results.

10[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:33 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:I'm still not sure if I want to watch this show. I'm afraid that it'll ruin the perfect ending that they gave it last season.

That ending was one of the best ever made.

11[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:46 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was pretty happy with what I saw. For my own sanity I don't call it Scrubs Season 9, instead it is Scrubs: Med School Season 1.

12[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:01 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There was no reason whatsoever for the show to come back...

That said, I'm glad that it's back.

Thoughts:

HATE that they changed the theme song. Lazlo Bane's version (they wrote the damn thing) was so much better.

I am going to miss J.D. when he leaves. It truly will not be the same show without Zach.

Lucy is fantastic. She's adorable. She's funny. They could've replaced Braff with someone worse. I love her.

"Centerfold" is freaking hot. God, I love Australian accents. And, the ways Cox was mocking it were hysterical.

Drew was "meh". Sometimes I thought he was pretty cool, others I didn't really like him. It seems like they're trying to make him Cox Jr., and it's not going over too well. When Perry's being a douche, he's still likable.

And, speaking of completely unlikable - Cole. I really hope he doesn't last long on the show. There is nothing rewarding or funny about his character. Let me rephrase that - the insults & retaliations from the other characters against him are funny and rewarding. I hate him.

All in all, I liked both episodes. I miss Carla, and I'm glad Elliot & Janitor at least made cameos. Though, I hate when new seasons start, and they've skipped past things. Like J.D./Elliot's wedding/pregnancy. And, since they're keeping it going from the last couple seasons, Curmudgeon Kelso is so much more enjoyable than Asshole Kelso. R.I.P. Enid.

Laughing

comicgeekelly wrote:For my own sanity I don't call it Scrubs Season 9, instead it is Scrubs: Med School Season 1.

I don't even think you need to say "I call it this". If you look at the opening credits, it clearly says "Med School" at the bottom of the x-ray.

Wink

13[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:38 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

From what I was reading online, Braff will be in the first 6 episodes, Chalke will be in 6 episodes (no idea on order), Flynn was in the one (he might have been in more if not for his new sitcom). If the show lasts for more than 13 episodes, Braff said he'll probably guest on more.

Personally, I'll watch this as long as it's between V and Better Off Ted. I was happy with the 8th season, this one...I dunno.

14[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:44 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:
comicgeekelly wrote:For my own sanity I don't call it Scrubs Season 9, instead it is Scrubs: Med School Season 1.

I don't even think you need to say "I call it this". If you look at the opening credits, it clearly says "Med School" at the bottom of the x-ray.

Wink

I noticed that, but I haven't seen it officially called that anywhere.

15[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:20 pm

SexyToaster

SexyToaster
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched the premiere and I wasn't too impressed. Personally I thought Scrubs had a great ending and they should have just left it at that. I hate when they overkill TV shows, sometimes its just best for things to end.

16[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:42 pm

AlienIncognito

AlienIncognito
Pirate
Pirate

I agree that last season was the perfect ending but these two new episodes still have the old Scrubs charm. I'm holding out hope for this one. As for Carla , the Janitor , and others at least we still have The Todd.

I do have to say though that I laughed more at the ads for Better Off Ted's season premiere than I did during either episode of Scrubs. I'm not ready to give up yet though.

17[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:05 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched it and it was funny but half the cast i loved was
missing. I think the last season should be the last season they
could done a new show called scrubs with a whole new cast that
migh have been better.

18[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am LOVING season 9. Sure I miss the cast members that have left, but I'm liking the new kids. I LOVE Lucy. Also, having Elliot and JD around, even if not as much helps things. And I'm glad Kelso is still lurking around. I miss Ted a lot though.

19[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:11 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd like to change my opinion of Lucy. They are not making her character all that great with this Cole relationship.

shake my head

20[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:15 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm suprised by how much I've been enjoying this season.

The Cole character is insanely funny to me because I know a guy who can act exactly like him at times.

21[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:49 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I loved this episode with Lucy battling the Crazy, you knew what the end of the episode was going to be, but seeing her loose it through most of the episode was very hilarious.

Despite all of the changes I've been liking this season way more than I thought I would, all of the changes make it seem fresh and you can look at the end of last season as something completely different than what this is, and the familiar faces keep just enough of the old Scrubs vibe to draw in long time fans, so bravo to the writers for handling what could have been a calamity way better than I thought they could.

Plus they've toned down Cole's character quite a bit, which I was hoping they would because if he had kept up at the pace he started the season at I probably wouldn't be watching the show any more because he annoyed me so badly.

22[scrubs] Empty Re: [scrubs] Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:59 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

He actually made me chuckle this episode.

"Which book!? They all have chapters!!"

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum