Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers

+4
Administrator
BlueMaxx
Silent K
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

For some reason, I've been watching a lot of Captian Planet, I guess it's another one of my nostalgia kicks. Anyway, with everyone going green nowadays, I'm surprised there hasn't been a revival of Captain Planet.

So me and my friend were brainstorming on a possible cast for a CP movie. Here's what we managed to come up with.

George Eads as Captain Planet
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Georgecute1Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Captain_Planet_45d61d42c64b4

Rosario Dawson as Gaia
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Rosario-dawsonCasting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Captainplanet7

Dalmer Abuzeid as Kwame
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Dalmar-abuzeidCasting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers 278378-kwame1_large

Anton Yelchen as Wheeler
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Alphadogprempic3Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers 278454-wheeler_large

Mia Wasikowska as Linka
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Mia-wasikowskaCasting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers 278526-linka_large

Hayley Kiyoko as Gi
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Img-thing?Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers 278584-gi_ziyizhang_large

Javin Reid as Ma-Ti
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers JavinReidCasting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers 278663-mati_gaelgarciabernal_large

Feel free to nitpick, change some things, or whatever.

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Yelchin doesn't strike me as Wheeler. Wheeler was more of a Zack Morris/A-hole type. Yelchin's a little bit skittish.

Interesting concept. It could work.

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Yeah, I originally said Jack DeSena(he was the voice of Sokka on Avatar). But my friend thinks Yelchin has waht it takes. Charlie Bartlett showed he can do cocky.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

First off, Brodie, great casting. With the exception of Wheeler and Linka though, those are all perfect.

Wheeler's a tough one to cast because redheaded male actors around that age are usually seen as the goof character in movies, so there aren't many actors to choose from. I'm thinking Josh Barclay Caras might work.
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers 006TRE_Josh_Barclay_Caras_002

Linka should be played by Sarah Carter might be good.
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Bs-sarah_carter

They are a bit older then the rest of your cast, but they aren't that noticeably different in age. Not that they need to be. In the Serious thread over in General Comics, I was thinking of a little more serious approach and it might work.

Who'd play the villains?

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

As long as the Captain keeps his mullet, why not?

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mullets are EVILLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

BlueMaxx wrote:First off, Brodie, great casting. With the exception of Wheeler and Linka though, those are all perfect.

Wheeler's a tough one to cast because redheaded male actors around that age are usually seen as the goof character in movies, so there aren't many actors to choose from. I'm thinking Josh Barclay Caras might work.
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers 006TRE_Josh_Barclay_Caras_002

Linka should be played by Sarah Carter might be good.
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Bs-sarah_carter

They are a bit older then the rest of your cast, but they aren't that noticeably different in age. Not that they need to be. In the Serious thread over in General Comics, I was thinking of a little more serious approach and it might work.

Who'd play the villains?

I can see why he went with her as Linka. Someone who can pull of the Russian accent without making it sound forced. Plus, dye the hair blonde and she looks like Linka a little.

Yeah, it should be serious, but not overly serious. I was thinking Iron Man or the first TMNT movie in terms of tone.

As for the villains, a couple were obvious...

Meg Ryan as Dr. Blight
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Meg-ryanCasting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Blight

Tim Curry as MAL
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Curry

Jeff Golblum as Verminous Skumm
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Jeff-goldblumCasting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers VerminousSkumm

Last edited by BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Lovin' it so far.

Hoggish Greedily = David Koechner (They'd have to add a bunch of weight onto him, but it is his voice and the characters he plays that really inspired this for me.)
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers GreedlyCasting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers 200px-DavidKoechner

Looten Plunder = Doug Jones
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers LootenPlunderCasting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Doug_jones

Duke Nukem = Brian Steele (He played Wink in Hellboy 2.)
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers DukeNukemCasting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Brian_Steele
Duke Nukem's voice = R. Lee Ermey
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Full_Metal_Jacket_6

Zarm = Lambert Wilson
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers ZarmCasting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Lambert_wilson_5139777

Captain Pollution = Ben Browder
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers 1867465363a5877480072mCasting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers 0000039119_20070413120425

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I like it. Great choices.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Thanks. I was expecting more opposition. Hrm...we forgot someone.

Sly Sludge
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Sly

Danny Devito seems like a cop-out and the role seems below Paul Giamatti...how 'bout David H. Lawrence XVII (AKA Doyle on Heroes.).
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Picture-11-775233

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Thanks. I was expecting more opposition. Hrm...we forgot someone.

Sly Sludge
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Sly

Danny Devito seems like a cop-out and the role seems below Paul Giamatti...how 'bout David H. Lawrence XVII (AKA Doyle on Heroes.).
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Picture-11-775233

That's weird, I was thinking him for Hoggish Greedly, but you're right, he works better here.

Maybe you'll get more opposition when it's more than just us. But actually my friend had suggested Willam DaFoe for Looten Plunder.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Willam DaFoe wouldn't be awful. He's an actor that jumps all over the place, so I could see him up for a part like that.

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Great ending? Kill off Heart.

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Shocked WOW I am very surprised at all the serious Captain Planet talk! This is great! Keep it up! Very Happy

What about Hoggish Greedily's right hand man (the name escapes me)? I wonder who could play him?

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Great casting...nice to see Tim Curry, Doug Jones and R. Lee Emry getting some love.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

pumkinheadfan wrote:Shocked WOW I am very surprised at all the serious Captain Planet talk! This is great! Keep it up! Very Happy

What about Hoggish Greedily's right hand man (the name escapes me)? I wonder who could play him?

Rigger!

^ 40 seconds in.
He should be played by Ewen Bremner.
Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Ewen%20Bremner-CSH-037235

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I was thinking Mackenzie Crook for Rigger

Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Mackenzie_Crook

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Holy! Gareth from The Office (UK) crossed my mind, but I had no idea he was from the Pirates movies, let alone so many other things. He'd be perfect!

He's going to be in the movie Solomon Kane, which I really want to see.

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
pumkinheadfan wrote:Shocked WOW I am very surprised at all the serious Captain Planet talk! This is great! Keep it up! Very Happy

Rigger!

^ 40 seconds in.
Thanks!

BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter wrote:I was thinking Mackenzie Crook for Rigger

Casting Call: Captain Planet and the Planteers Mackenzie_Crook
Totally! I think everybody major has been casted, now the important part. Who should direct it?

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Definitely not Al Gore. I'm thinking maybe Steven Sommers.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter wrote:Definitely not Al Gore. I'm thinking maybe Steven Sommers.
Sommers might not be a bad choice, but G.I. Joe...eh. In reply to Al Gore, it should't be Michael Bay or Mark Steven Johnson, either.

I'd really be up for Kurt Wimmer (Sphere, Equilibrium). He seems to know how to use action and effects to progress the story, not just use it for filler and eye-candy. Plus, despite his love for action, he knows how to make characters externalize for the audience pretty well, especially when it comes to a plot that is beyond belief with fiction.

Honorable mention has to go to Alfonso CuarĂ³n (Children of Men, Harry Potter: Prisoner of Azkaban). He's the king of allegory these days, and seems to work fine with F/X. Not sure if he'd be up for this type of movie, because his filmography only has Harry Potter as his most fantastical. *shrugs* Who knows, though?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum