Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wizard Magazine's Top 10 Greatest accomplishments

+7
(._Y_.)
BlueMaxx
superdoug
Tom
Joshua
Administrator
riv1
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

From the current Wizard thread, i can see people here are less than fond of what Wizard has become, but, what about when it was still good? What are it's greatest accomplishments? How did it help the comics industry?

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Being home to people who later moved on to become a good part of the industry, no matter the circumstances.

Despite the venom it received over the last decade, I still think Wizard is responsible for the success of many books that wouldn't have been hits otherwise. I got to know many stories thanks to the people at Wizard up to 3 years ago.

Connecting fans with their favorite creators before the Internet boom.

Being part in me meeting lots of friends and the creation of PoP!

The comic book detabase in the back of the magazine, with all the inside and background info.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's been a great stepping stone for its employees to find better jobs.

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Back before the interwebs, it helped me find some good stories to read that I would not have otherwise tried.

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If it weren't for Wizard, none of you would know me or my awesomeness. Laughing

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

On that note, if it weren't for Wizard i would have never started posting.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Like everyone else...pretty much what Tomer posted. lol!

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wizard found it's way into a little movie called MALLRATS back in the 90's.

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

(._Y_.) wrote:Wizard found it's way into a little movie called MALLRATS back in the 90's.

And Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

OMG!! Not another Wizard thread Rolling Eyes I'm sorry to be such a dick about this, but I didn't leave WUMB and join here to constantly hear about them shake my head I'm real sorry for those that miss and even enjoyed the forum. This is so reminiscent of when the old Art Asylum forum went down and folks joined the Trek Toy and Minimates Forums to rehash their same old shit mentality in a new forum, instead of starting fresh and actually contributing to the forums. That being said, I think there was a reason why these guys broke away and wanted to do their own thing. Why not give their forum a chance and leave the baggage of old forums and their magazines at the door?

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:OMG!! Not another Wizard thread Rolling Eyes I'm sorry to be such a dick about this, but I didn't leave WUMB and join here to constantly hear about them shake my head I'm real sorry for those that miss and even enjoyed the forum. This is so reminiscent of when the old Art Asylum forum went down and folks joined the Trek Toy and Minimates Forums to rehash their same old shit mentality in a new forum, instead of starting fresh and actually contributing to the forums. That being said, I think there was a reason why these guys broke away and wanted to do their own thing. Why not give their forum a chance and leave the baggage of old forums and their magazines at the door?

I think its cause most of the people here are here cause we read wizard and they screwed us and that kinda made us mad.

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

This. Well, everything except Donster's post.

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO MEAN, DONSTER???

Seriously, none of us will ever deny the role Wizard played in bringing us together and the creation of PoP! If people want to remember the good times of Wizard or WUMB, I don't see anything wrong with that, or why it's different from remembering an old TV show or comic book you used to love. As long as people face reality and accept that there's a good chance we'll never see WUMB coming back (I doubt it will and people seem to already move on, thankfully), I don't mind any of the talkings.

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anyone who was at WUMB knows i wasn't exactly the biggest fan of the place. I was talking about the actual magazine and the contributions it made to the industry and to folks on a personal level. In my case, without the magazine the board wouldn't have been there to get me posting, and since then, i've found a lot of cool sites to post at, especially when deployed, to take my mind off the crappiness and think about funner things.

Still, if people want to go

The_Donster wrote:Oh NOOOOOOOOOEEEEESSSSS!!!

That's OK too. Wizard Magazine's Top 10 Greatest accomplishments Ha_

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

kidspider2099 wrote:
I think its cause most of the people here are here cause we read wizard and they screwed us and that kinda made us mad.

Please don't make generalizations like this. Most people are here because they want to be here. Those of you that only made it here after WUMB closed are the minority.

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Well said.

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Silent K wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:

Please don't make generalizations like this. Most people are here because they want to be here. Those of you that only made it here after WUMB closed are the minority.

I would just like to make clear...that's not saying the people that recently made the jump from WUMB don't want to be here.

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They just chose a good time to jump? huh

Eh, whatever, it's all good. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum