Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ridley Scott's Robin Hood

+13
Spaced4SimonPegg
darth__frodo
Aussiemandias
Nymn
supervenom
rwe1138
Thundermatts
Debaser77
Combo Mo
BlueMaxx
(._Y_.)
Administrator
Joshua
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61633

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

2Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:10 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Nothing really interesting. What was wrong with the Kevin Costner version that warranted another Robin Hood movie 18 years later?

I'm starting to miss a time when remakes were done in a space of 3-4 decades...

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

3Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:26 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Prince of Theives was a fantastic movie. These remakes are stoopid.

4Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:11 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

While I'm all for another Robin Hood and consider it less a remake and more another version of the same story, I'm not sure what this one is going for. The trailer introduces it as "the story behind the legend" but who cares about that? I want the legend, not the true-to-life events. I enjoyed Prince of Thieves darker take on the tale, but I'd love a new movie that is closer in tone to Errol Flynn's The Adventures of Robin Hood, which this clearly isn't.

5Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:41 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Just about to say that. Though, it is Ridley Scott. He's not flawless, but he's a good director. Russell Crowe isn't too bad, either. The trailer didn't give me much other than there will be sword fights and Robin Hood will shoot arrows. Heh.

I'm wondering if he's going for the theoretical history of Robin Hood, like King Arthur tried to do?

6Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:49 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ridley Scott. Russell Crowe. Cate Blanchett. That's all I needed to know.

7Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:01 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Tomer Soiker wrote:Nothing really interesting. What was wrong with the Kevin Costner version that warranted another Robin Hood movie 18 years later?

If Robin is actually British in this one and Christian Slater is nowhere to be found, it'll be an upgrade.

I'm a Ridley Scott fan, so I'll give it a chance.

8Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:17 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What?! Christian Slater is awesome! Laughing

I love Ridley Scott. I love Russell Crowe. I'm infatuated with Cate Blanchett. I love Robin Hood. Yet this trailer does nothing for me.

9Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:59 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Don't judge a movie by its trailer. I was excited about seeing the first Transformers based on the trailer and...well, you know...

10Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:00 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

^ What Joshua said. Except for the part about Blanchett... I'm just fine with her.

I know, calling it a "remake" wasn't completely right. But that story was done so many times and the '91 movie is the ultimate modern version of Robin Hood's tale, everything being done about it ever since is doomed to be compared with that film. As of now, that trailer does nothing to make it stand beyond that comparison aside from its director and leading actors.

11Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:24 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:Don't judge a movie by its trailer.
So far I haven't, I've just said that this trailer does not excite me at all.

12Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:40 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

One of the most boring trailers I've seen in a long time.

Also, I hate Russel Crow, and avoid anything with him in it, so obviously I won't be seeing this.

To clarify: I hate Russel Crow thinking he's gods gift to the world, not his acting.

13Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:42 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Meh. Not too impressed with the trailer.

Although I also love me some Blanchett.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

14Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:07 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I still say Robin Hood: Men in Tights is the definitive Robin hood movie. headbang

15Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:48 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

Tomer Soiker wrote:Nothing really interesting. What was wrong with the Kevin Costner version that warranted another Robin Hood movie 18 years later?

An English accent! I think it looks good, but you can't beat the arrow-shooting effect from Prince of Thieves. That was keen.

16Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:08 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:

If Robin is actually British in this one and Christian Slater is nowhere to be found, it'll be an upgrade.

Well seeing Russell Crowe's Australian you're not getting that either. However, I bet you he sounds a damn sight more British than Kevin Costner ever did.

(And yes I know he was born in New Zealand but the guy grew up here and considers himself Australian)

I never liked Prince of Thieves so I'm happy to see a new version of the Robin Hood story particularly directed by Ridley Scott.

Oh and to Tomer - I'm with you on the remakes and new versions of the same story but a movie about Robin Hood is one of those ones that's done on a regular basis by Hollywood. Every decade's not unusual for this particular story and that goes back more than half a century. There's an awful lot of Robin Hood movies on IMDB.

17Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:10 pm

darth__frodo

darth__frodo
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

The Kevin Costner version was a monstrosity. I'll never watch it again. *gag* I still think the best Robin Hood movie is Mel Brook's version. yes

18Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:34 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love Cate Blanchett but I think I will pass on it.

19Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:31 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:What?! Christian Slater is awesome! Laughing

I love Ridley Scott. I love Russell Crowe. I'm infatuated with Cate Blanchett. I love Robin Hood. Yet this trailer does nothing for me.
Same here all your points. Still, it's just a railer. As a fan of the character, i'll give it a shot.

20Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:17 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Looked like they were going to focus more on big battles, which unfortunatly is what makes money in movies nowadays. The tale of Robin Hood is not about killing folks and fighting armys. I will see this, only because I want to truly critique it, but my expectations for it at this point are not that high at all. It is rob from the rich and give to the poor, not decapitate the rich and slaughter their army then give the blood drenched money to the poor.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

21Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:33 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heh, nicely put.

22Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:06 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:Looked like they were going to focus more on big battles, which unfortunatly is what makes money in movies nowadays. The tale of Robin Hood is not about killing folks and fighting armys. I will see this, only because I want to truly critique it, but my expectations for it at this point are not that high at all. It is rob from the rich and give to the poor, not decapitate the rich and slaughter their army then give the blood drenched money to the poor.
Actually robbing from the rich and giving to the poor is often only part of the story. Robin Hood is often linked to leading open rebellion against the Sheriff of Nottingham in the name of Richard the Lionheart so it seems a perfectly natural thing to include battles and the like in the story.

23Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:36 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The UK trailer: http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/features/exclusive/

What a difference a good trailer can make.

24Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:55 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Yes.

25Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Empty Re: Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:42 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Now that international trailer makes this a movie I really want to see now.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum