Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

+10
shining knight
Airwolf
BlueMaxx
Joshua
riv1
Nymn
Mnemosis
Thundermatts
Silent K
ChrisToPhenom
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

12010 Empty 2010 Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:55 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow, I remember when I was 10 waiting for the clock to strike 12:00 and I was excited to be able to witness the last year of the 20th century. To me, all I knew was that 2000 was a big number with zeroes I'll be filling in on my school papers, the popular term "Y2K" and the millennium bug. But now 10 years have passed and 2 days after my birthday, the world isn't going to be the same. There's so many things we'll have to go through that our parents never experienced.

A lot of people are discussing the worst to come like The Great Depression-me, I'm positive and not worrying about that as much as others are. Then you have gay marriages which will soon be accepted like intercultural relationships have in America-there will be things that are going to change for the good and I thank the ones before us who made it possible.

I don't know about you but I think 2010 is the start where we'll see America and all around the world grow up. No, I'm not fantasizing in my own little box but I believe after each decade is a refreshing start to get ourselves together. I feel like my life is just starting going to college and knowing the world more than I ever did before.

What's your opinion on 2010+?

22010 Empty Re: 2010 Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:07 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Knize in 2010.

32010 Empty Re: 2010 Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:28 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

America will get out of the hole and create a ten billion dollar surplus.

Oh, I thought this was listing things that weren't going to happen...

42010 Empty Re: 2010 Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Ah, yes, the "It is" decade, as the 20teens will come to be known.

52010 Empty Re: 2010 Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:13 pm

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

They better have hoverboards and power laces in another 5 years, that's all I'm saying.

62010 Empty Re: 2010 Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:15 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:Wow, I remember when I was 10 waiting for the clock to strike 12:00
You were 10?!?!

Uh, hopefully this decade will see some peace and quiet, this last decade was a bit tumultuous.

72010 Empty Re: 2010 Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:00 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nymn wrote:They better have hoverboards and power laces in another 5 years, that's all I'm saying.
In 2015 I'm going to start wearing simultaneous neckties.

82010 Empty Re: 2010 Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:05 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm just happy that we've reached a year where we can start saying "twenty" when we say the year. Twenty-ten sounds neat to say. Can't wait for 2099 so I can make Marvel complaint-jokes.

Twenty-Ten! 'Nuff said!

92010 Empty Re: 2010 Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:58 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm with you. I spent a good part of 2007 saying twenty oh seven at work. Used to throw people off, never caught on. Dammit.

102010 Empty Re: 2010 Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:47 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

if 2012 doesnt kill us - then im gonna be a happy lad!

112010 Empty Re: 2010 Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:04 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Me working on a mark millar character for a 2000ad fansite....

A year ago I would say bullshit to this but its happening.... Laughing

122010 Empty Re: 2010 Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:33 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Airwolf wrote:if 2012 doesnt kill us - then im gonna be a happy lad!
It's not gonna happen any more than Y2K did. We'll be alright!

132010 Empty Re: 2010 Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:05 pm

Que

Que
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

2010 is over hyped, roll on 2020

142010 Empty Re: 2010 Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:27 pm

TheUncannyJim

TheUncannyJim
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Mnemosis wrote:...as the 20teens will come to be known.

Is that what this decade is called? All through this past one I just said "The Year Two Thousand" cuz I never really know what to say... maybe I said The Aughts sometimes, I can't remember...but now... what do I call this fucking decade? The Tens?!

I can only imagine people in 1910 were equally confused by this conundrum, and without the internet to help them, they had a much harder time with it.

http://www.enemyofpeanuts.com

152010 Empty Re: 2010 Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:22 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Waitwaitwait....there was no internet in 19 ought 10?

162010 Empty Re: 2010 Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:38 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm gonna kinda miss this decade. It wasn't great or anything (I was sick for half of it), but I don't like change.

I'm going to continue to say two thousand (insert year). I don't like the sound of twenty (insert year). I think two thousand ten sounds better than twenty ten.

I think it's going to be weird when we hit the twenties. Whenever someone says the twenties I (and I'm sure 99% of the population) think of the 1920's. It'll be weird to be living in the 20s.

172010 Empty Re: 2010 Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:54 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

riv1 wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote:Wow, I remember when I was 10 waiting for the clock to strike 12:00
You were 10?!?!
Yes, I was...it amazes me when I think about it.

Batman25JM wrote:I'm gonna kinda miss this decade. It wasn't great or anything (I was sick for half of it), but I don't like change.

I'm going to continue to say two thousand (insert year). I don't like the sound of twenty (insert year). I think two thousand ten sounds better than twenty ten.

I think it's going to be weird when we hit the twenties. Whenever someone says the twenties I (and I'm sure 99% of the population) think of the 1920's. It'll be weird to be living in the 20s.
I believe I'll continue to say "two thousand" also but it makes me wonder when people saying the next ten years in twenties, you are reminded of the 1920s...1920s? The 1920s isn't even on my mind when I think of twenty-ten. And, I'm sure you can understand my curiosity when I ask this but when you said, "I don't like change", what exactly do you mean by that or is it just about the name of this upcoming year?

182010 Empty Re: 2010 Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:23 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:
riv1 wrote:
You were 10?!?!

Batman25JM wrote:I'm gonna kinda miss this decade. It wasn't great or anything (I was sick for half of it), but I don't like change.

I believe I'll continue to say "two thousand" also but it makes me wonder when people saying the next ten years in twenties, you are reminded of the 1920s...1920s? The 1920s isn't even on my mind when I think of twenty-ten. And, I'm sure you can understand my curiosity when I ask this but when you said, "I don't like change", what exactly do you mean by that or is it just about the name of this upcoming year?

When I mentioned hitting the 20s I meant the 2020s, not people saying twenty ten or something.

As for not liking change, I just mean the fact that it's a new decade and that's different. Also there is the whole writing out the date thing. Instead of writing 0 (insert number) it'll be 10, then 11, etc. I really don't like change no matter how small.

192010 Empty Re: 2010 Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:49 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Why would people continue to use the long-winded "two-thousand"? When it was the 20th century, people said "nineteen-whatever". Just saying. You'd actually sound more silly saying TWO-THOUSAND!!!! ...ten. Too dramatic. Wink Laughing

TheUncannyJim wrote:
Mnemosis wrote:...as the 20teens will come to be known.

Is that what this decade is called? All through this past one I just said "The Year Two Thousand" cuz I never really know what to say... maybe I said The Aughts sometimes, I can't remember...but now... what do I call this fucking decade? The Tens?!

I can only imagine people in 1910 were equally confused by this conundrum, and without the internet to help them, they had a much harder time with it.
^ I know, right? There was a term I heard for the single digits, the first decade of a century. But I forgot it.

202010 Empty Re: 2010 Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:54 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Why would people continue to use the long-winded "two-thousand"? When it was the 20th century, people said "nineteen-whatever". Just saying. You'd actually sound more silly saying TWO-THOUSAND!!!! ...ten. Too dramatic. Wink Laughing

I'm sure most people will say twenty. Like you said, people said nineteen (and just so people know, I did too. I didn't say one thousand nine hundred). I just like the way two thousand sounds. I think it sounds better than twenty, so I'll continue to say two thousand.

212010 Empty Re: 2010 Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:57 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Also, I've gotten used to saying two thousand over the last ten years. That's another reason I'll continue to say it.

222010 Empty Re: 2010 Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:02 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ya, "twenty" is to the point, you know?

232010 Empty Re: 2010 Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:37 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote:
riv1 wrote:
You were 10?!?!

When I mentioned hitting the 20s I meant the 2020s, not people saying twenty ten or something.

As for not liking change, I just mean the fact that it's a new decade and that's different. Also there is the whole writing out the date thing. Instead of writing 0 (insert number) it'll be 10, then 11, etc. I really don't like change no matter how small.

You have a big point there-I find it annoying sports video games like Madden NFL has "10" after it-it kind of makes you think it's the tenth Madden game to come out when it's not...I wish they would put the whole year on the box art.

242010 Empty Re: 2010 Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:11 am

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

In the next decade Hollywood will finish remaking every film that ever existed, and then reboot every franchise that ever existed

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum