The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Uncanny X-Men

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:12 am

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Good, maybe this'll mean the book won't suck anymore. Though the fact that Land is doing the art blows. Seriously Marvel? Dump his ass.

View user profile

52 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:47 am

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:Good, maybe this'll mean the book won't suck anymore. Though the fact that Land is doing the art blows. Seriously Marvel? Dump his ass.

I really don't see how this book has sucked at all, some really interesting plot threads and side plot threads have been sewn together if you ask me. Fraction has made a few odd dialogue choices here and there I agree, but overall his run has been pretty solid. I think adding Gillen is perfect because he's one of the best pure dialogue writers in the biz IMO.

Now if only Marvel would give the X-titles top-notch artists again like they've been doing for the Avengers titles for years now...

View user profile

53 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:48 am

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^I think the dialogue is awful. The plots are meh, not horrible, but not great. I just haven't enjoyed any of Fraction's run.

View user profile

54 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:55 am

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Fair enough. Can't say I agree.

View user profile

55 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:41 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Uncanny X-Men #528

Yeah, I hated this. It was just boring, and the art was very meh. Emma looked like a freakin' body builder in some panels.

I've said it before, but the only real reason I keep buying this is because of my love for the X-Men, but the book is wearing on my nerves so much that I don't know if that love will keep me buying it for much longer. I would like to at least be able to hold out until Gillen comes aboard to see if it gets better. However, with Gillen also comes Land's return, and that's enough for me to really consider dropping it.

View user profile

56 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:19 pm

comedianviet

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
Uncanny X-men #529

My review in haiku

4 of 5 Lights found
Too much going on at once
Emma names gray hairs?

View user profile http://vietscustomtoys.blogspot.com/

57 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Uncanny X-Men #529

Meh. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it as much as the last few issue. Emma naming her gray hairs was freakin' weird and very stupid.

View user profile

58 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:26 pm

This Generation Hope looks ultra-forgettable. Where are they taking this storyline?

View user profile

59 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:53 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
TheBrownLantern wrote:This Generation Hope looks ultra-forgettable. Where are they taking this storyline?

to the city dump.

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

60 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:40 pm

shark6495

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
So I peaced out on Uncanny stories around the whole floating island in the middle of San Francisco bay, thing... I missed out on HOpes return and Nightcrawlers death.....

So here is the question...
Do I attempt to jump back into this X-fest (and if so when?)
Or should I continue what I am doing, that is picking up bargain bin prices on the old uncannys (buck or two) to finish my collection up (ie. books previous to 300).....

View user profile http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

61 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:22 pm

LOOSECANNON wrote:
TheBrownLantern wrote:This Generation Hope looks ultra-forgettable. Where are they taking this storyline?

to the city dump.

Lol

View user profile

62 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:19 am

jestghost

Pirate
Pirate
I have been just got back reading into coming a couple months ago, where would be a good place to start reading Uncanny X-Men again?

View user profile

63 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:10 am

comedianviet

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
Depends on how far back you're willing to go. Second Coming, a big crossover event that included X-men Legacy, New Mutants, and X-force ended mid July this year. I believe the hardcover trade it out for sale now.

Uncanny X-men: The Heroic Age, but it's more of a epilogue to Second Coming really.

Then the new series starts with Uncanny X-men 526 and issue 530 comes out this month.

64 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:04 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Second Coming was pretty solid, I'd second that.

65 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:17 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I'm very happy with myself. I finally got the willpower to drop this book. I love the X-Men and that was the only reason I was sticking with the book since I HATED the book. I finally realized that I should save my money for something I enjoy. I'll be back when Land is off, and/or when Fraction is gone.

View user profile

66 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Batman25JM wrote:I'm very happy with myself. I finally got the willpower to drop this book. I love the X-Men and that was the only reason I was sticking with the book since I HATED the book. I finally realized that I should save my money for something I enjoy. I'll be back when Land is off, and/or when Fraction is gone.

agreed

View user profile

67 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:27 pm

comedianviet

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
Uncanny X-men #531

I think this book is finally getting better. To me there wasn't any useless parts and everything was just straight to the point.

And my 100th post! Woohoo! thumbs up

68 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:28 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
even Greg..ahem..Land's art was decent in this issue....yeah, the book was solid.

69 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:47 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Good news for the Fraction X-Men haters: Gillen takes over sole writing duties in April.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/114/1144458p1.html

^I think he's a good man for the job. Hopefully he incorporates S.W.O.R.D. into his plans.

View user profile

70 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:05 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^Sweet!! I'm definitely going to check this out. I've missed X-Men for a while. I dropped it a few issues ago, but I was hating it for years before that.

I just hope that Land is gone for good too, but I doubt I'll be that lucky.

View user profile

71 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:32 pm

I haven't been reading Uncanny X-men, but did pick up X-men again starting with #1. The vampire arc was meh, but I am liking where they are going in the second arc.

Other then Chris Bachalo's Joe Madureira style art, wasn't a huge fan of in it Generation X and not a huge fan of it now.

View user profile

72 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:51 pm

LordD3r3k

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Why does Kitty have a bubble on her head?

View user profile

73 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:00 am

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
LordD3r3k wrote:Why does Kitty have a bubble on her head?

Since she came back from space she hasn't been able to unphase her body so they designed a suit for her so she could get around and speak. For some reason on that cover it looks like she's not wearing the full suit, unless those are flesh toned sleeves lol.

View user profile

74 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:04 pm

LordD3r3k

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Bigtymin504 wrote:Since she came back from space she hasn't been able to unphase her body so they designed a suit for her so she could get around and speak. For some reason on that cover it looks like she's not wearing the full suit, unless those are flesh toned sleeves lol.

I realize this may be nitpicking comic book science here, but if she's phased how can she manipulate the suit?

View user profile

75 Re: Uncanny X-Men on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Since she came back from space she hasn't been able to unphase her body so they designed a suit for her so she could get around and speak. For some reason on that cover it looks like she's not wearing the full suit, unless those are flesh toned sleeves lol.

I realize this may be nitpicking comic book science here, but if she's phased how can she manipulate the suit?

You're right, you are nitpicking. Laughing

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum