Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Uncanny X-Men

+12
comedianviet
TheBrownLantern
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
superdoug
prescribeddrone
Ben Akers
Fresh03
Batman25JM
Bigtymin504
hrdwrkngXsoldier
LOOSECANNON
Administrator
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:12 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Good, maybe this'll mean the book won't suck anymore. Though the fact that Land is doing the art blows. Seriously Marvel? Dump his ass.

52Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:47 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Good, maybe this'll mean the book won't suck anymore. Though the fact that Land is doing the art blows. Seriously Marvel? Dump his ass.

I really don't see how this book has sucked at all, some really interesting plot threads and side plot threads have been sewn together if you ask me. Fraction has made a few odd dialogue choices here and there I agree, but overall his run has been pretty solid. I think adding Gillen is perfect because he's one of the best pure dialogue writers in the biz IMO.

Now if only Marvel would give the X-titles top-notch artists again like they've been doing for the Avengers titles for years now...

53Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:48 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I think the dialogue is awful. The plots are meh, not horrible, but not great. I just haven't enjoyed any of Fraction's run.

54Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:55 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fair enough. Can't say I agree.

55Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:41 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Uncanny X-Men #528

Yeah, I hated this. It was just boring, and the art was very meh. Emma looked like a freakin' body builder in some panels.

I've said it before, but the only real reason I keep buying this is because of my love for the X-Men, but the book is wearing on my nerves so much that I don't know if that love will keep me buying it for much longer. I would like to at least be able to hold out until Gillen comes aboard to see if it gets better. However, with Gillen also comes Land's return, and that's enough for me to really consider dropping it.

56Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:19 pm

comedianviet

comedianviet
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Uncanny X-men #529

My review in haiku

4 of 5 Lights found
Too much going on at once
Emma names gray hairs?

http://vietscustomtoys.blogspot.com/

57Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Uncanny X-Men #529

Meh. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it as much as the last few issue. Emma naming her gray hairs was freakin' weird and very stupid.

58Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:26 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

This Generation Hope looks ultra-forgettable. Where are they taking this storyline?

59Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:53 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

TheBrownLantern wrote:This Generation Hope looks ultra-forgettable. Where are they taking this storyline?

to the city dump.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

60Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:40 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

So I peaced out on Uncanny stories around the whole floating island in the middle of San Francisco bay, thing... I missed out on HOpes return and Nightcrawlers death.....

So here is the question...
Do I attempt to jump back into this X-fest (and if so when?)
Or should I continue what I am doing, that is picking up bargain bin prices on the old uncannys (buck or two) to finish my collection up (ie. books previous to 300).....

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

61Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:22 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

LOOSECANNON wrote:
TheBrownLantern wrote:This Generation Hope looks ultra-forgettable. Where are they taking this storyline?

to the city dump.

Lol

62Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:19 am

jestghost

jestghost
Pirate
Pirate

I have been just got back reading into coming a couple months ago, where would be a good place to start reading Uncanny X-Men again?

63Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:10 am

comedianviet

comedianviet
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Depends on how far back you're willing to go. Second Coming, a big crossover event that included X-men Legacy, New Mutants, and X-force ended mid July this year. I believe the hardcover trade it out for sale now.

Uncanny X-men: The Heroic Age, but it's more of a epilogue to Second Coming really.

Then the new series starts with Uncanny X-men 526 and issue 530 comes out this month.

64Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:04 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Second Coming was pretty solid, I'd second that.

65Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:17 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm very happy with myself. I finally got the willpower to drop this book. I love the X-Men and that was the only reason I was sticking with the book since I HATED the book. I finally realized that I should save my money for something I enjoy. I'll be back when Land is off, and/or when Fraction is gone.

66Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:46 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

Batman25JM wrote:I'm very happy with myself. I finally got the willpower to drop this book. I love the X-Men and that was the only reason I was sticking with the book since I HATED the book. I finally realized that I should save my money for something I enjoy. I'll be back when Land is off, and/or when Fraction is gone.

agreed

67Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:27 pm

comedianviet

comedianviet
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Uncanny X-men #531

I think this book is finally getting better. To me there wasn't any useless parts and everything was just straight to the point.

And my 100th post! Woohoo! thumbs up

68Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:28 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

even Greg..ahem..Land's art was decent in this issue....yeah, the book was solid.

69Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:47 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Good news for the Fraction X-Men haters: Gillen takes over sole writing duties in April.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/114/1144458p1.html

Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 1295310818

^I think he's a good man for the job. Hopefully he incorporates S.W.O.R.D. into his plans.

70Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:05 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Sweet!! I'm definitely going to check this out. I've missed X-Men for a while. I dropped it a few issues ago, but I was hating it for years before that.

I just hope that Land is gone for good too, but I doubt I'll be that lucky.

71Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:32 pm

Arsenal0602

Arsenal0602
Cadet
Cadet

I haven't been reading Uncanny X-men, but did pick up X-men again starting with #1. The vampire arc was meh, but I am liking where they are going in the second arc.

Other then Chris Bachalo's Joe Madureira style art, wasn't a huge fan of in it Generation X and not a huge fan of it now.

72Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:51 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Why does Kitty have a bubble on her head?

73Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:00 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Why does Kitty have a bubble on her head?

Since she came back from space she hasn't been able to unphase her body so they designed a suit for her so she could get around and speak. For some reason on that cover it looks like she's not wearing the full suit, unless those are flesh toned sleeves lol.

74Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:04 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Since she came back from space she hasn't been able to unphase her body so they designed a suit for her so she could get around and speak. For some reason on that cover it looks like she's not wearing the full suit, unless those are flesh toned sleeves lol.

I realize this may be nitpicking comic book science here, but if she's phased how can she manipulate the suit?

75Uncanny X-Men - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncanny X-Men Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Since she came back from space she hasn't been able to unphase her body so they designed a suit for her so she could get around and speak. For some reason on that cover it looks like she's not wearing the full suit, unless those are flesh toned sleeves lol.

I realize this may be nitpicking comic book science here, but if she's phased how can she manipulate the suit?

You're right, you are nitpicking. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum