Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

hitchHikers guide to the galaxy

+6
supervenom
superdoug
TENIME_art
Velociraptor DJ
shining knight
kidspider2099
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Empty hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:51 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I always under the impression that most nerd type people didn't like the movie due the fact it was a slight departure from the book.

I myself love this movie its one of my favorites i watch it when i'm blue. i love face paddles on the vogon spere.

2hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Empty Re: hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:28 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hate that film and I ESPECIALLY hate that song at the beginning which makes it so odd I actually sang it in a voicemail for the popcast

3hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Empty Re: hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:44 am

Velociraptor DJ

Velociraptor DJ
Cadet
Cadet

I enjoyed the movie and the song quite a bit.

I will sing it to my wife to make her laugh from time to time.

4hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Empty Re: hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:06 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:Adams wrote the script for the movie. The only differences between the book & film were made by him & him alone (like Sin City or Interview with the Vampire).

5hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Empty Re: hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:37 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I -LOVE- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I found it to be everything I would expect from Adams' script, and the fact that his widow signed off on it means that no one can -effectively- say that it dishonors his memory or his work.

Dave, can I ask why you have such the mad loathing? Have you watched the old BBC series for comparison? (Although, the BBC series is still one of my all-time favorites.) I think, for realistically realizing that there would likely not be a sequel, they did a pretty good job of covering the overall main story.

6hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Empty Re: hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:26 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:I -LOVE- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I found it to be everything I would expect from Adams' script, and the fact that his widow signed off on it means that no one can -effectively- say that it dishonors his memory or his work.

Dave, can I ask why you have such the mad loathing? Have you watched the old BBC series for comparison? (Although, the BBC series is still one of my all-time favorites.) I think, for realistically realizing that there would likely not be a sequel, they did a pretty good job of covering the overall main story.

the whole movie was what douglas wanted. i love in the end the
Heart of Gold as they activated the improbability drive it turns
into douglas's head.

also the movie honors the original mini-series in two ways.
First, when the guide is introduced the theme from the
mini-series plays. The original marvin makes an appearance in
the Vogon spere in the que.

7hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Empty Re: hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:37 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

loved the movie, books, and tv mini-series. definitely would like to see Restaurant at the end of the universe adapted.

8hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Empty Re: hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:41 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I need to find this BBC series. Just like Neverwhere. Damn you, BBC, give us some of your treasures!

You know, haven't searched. I could probably find them relatively easy. Heh.

9hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Empty Re: hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:51 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just found them both on Amazon for a decent price. Oh, and I had forgotten Freakazoid's two seasons has been collected in two box-sets. Hrm. Think I originally heard taht from...forget the guys name. Has "@[=g3,8d]\&fbb=-q]/hk%fg" tattooed on his stomach. Or Hell, maybe it was Ska. *rubs chin*

10hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Empty Re: hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:17 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:I need to find this BBC series. Just like Neverwhere. Damn you, BBC, give us some of your treasures!

check your local library thats how i watched the miniseries.

11hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Empty Re: hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:28 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Love it.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

12hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Empty Re: hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:16 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

BlueMaxx wrote:I need to find this BBC series. Just like Neverwhere. Damn you, BBC, give us some of your treasures!

Ask your streaming video sites (Hulu) to provide services outside the US, music websites (Pandora, Last.fm [last year it started asking money almost everywhere that is not the US) to work in other countries and whoever responsible to air American TV shows in no time instead of long months after a show went off the air (that's none of my problem, but I know it's a problem both here and in the UK) - then you'll get your BBC treasures.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

13hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Empty Re: hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:44 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It just didn't feel right to me doug especially as I'm a fan of the original radio series.

14hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Empty Re: hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

shining knight wrote:It just didn't feel right to me doug especially as I'm a fan of the original radio series.
Hey me too. I haven't really liked any of the TV or movie visualisations of HGTTG. I guess I'm with Orson Welles here when he said 'I prefer radio plays, the scenery's better'

15hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Empty Re: hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:18 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WTF!?

I adore the radio series - it's how I got into the whole thing - and I thought this movie was brilliant.

16hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Empty Re: hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:50 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:WTF!?

I adore the radio series - it's how I got into the whole thing - and I thought this movie was brilliant.

to each is own i guess.

I don't think i ever read the radio series. I first got into the books cause my dad read the books and told me about them. I decided to check out the books and loved them. I watched the mini-series. when the movie came out i saw with my dad.

17hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Empty Re: hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:30 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would never want to begrudge anyone their opinions (and I try very hard to consciously not do it).

I was just under the impression that this movie was beloved by everybody - especially fans of the source material.

It just baffles me to no end that there would be such venom for this - especially from fans of the source material!

I just...what the hell... Shocked

18hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Empty Re: hitchHikers guide to the galaxy Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:35 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

I'm not hatin on the movie. It just doesn't match with my personal visualisation of the book.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum