Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Siege: Embedded

+4
Aussiemandias
LOOSECANNON
Batman25JM
Bigtymin504
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Siege: Embedded Empty Siege: Embedded Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:45 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Siege: Embedded 85_SIEGE__EMBEDDED_1

2Siege: Embedded Empty Re: Siege: Embedded Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:52 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Siege: Embedded #1

I really liked this cuz we get to see exactly how Norman is trying to manipulate the media, and how Urich is trying to stop him. It seems like Urich will uncover all of Norman's lies and deceit that went into crafting his invasion of Asgard, probably exposing the U-Foes and Norman as the true perpetrators of the Chicago disaster. This mini should be a perfect compliment to the main series. Plus, a Urich and Volstagg team up is worth the price itself. Laughing

3Siege: Embedded Empty Re: Siege: Embedded Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:24 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh and Norman trying to use the "Glenn Beck" archetype character Todd Keller was awesome! It really shows how easily the public can be manipulated by loony toon TV pundits.

4Siege: Embedded Empty Re: Siege: Embedded Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:35 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This was okay. Nothing special, but I'm still glad I got it. I love Ben Urich and having him have a hand in bringing Norman down will be great.

5Siege: Embedded Empty Re: Siege: Embedded Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:00 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

As I stated earlier in my Siege review, I really enjoyed this. Having this act of terror be viewed through the eyes of two disparing media outlets is a treat. I was never really a fan of the Frontline books, even going so far as to skip them when reading an event in trade. Not Embedded. If not for this issue, my outlook on Siege would really look low. Thankfully, not all, but many of my problems with the impact of the Soldier Field Disaster are now explained. It's not that I, myself, needed the explaining; it's that I wanted to see the fall-out from the eyes of anyone other than solely Norman and the Avengers. What does the city think? The country?

Brian Reed really whips up a wonderful script. Although Volstagg walking around Chicago after this incident--with no military or police in sight--is definitely odd, the rest of the book adds enough humor and detailed importance to what otherwise seemed like a too-brief read in Siege #1. With pretty, descriptive art to boot, this tie-in might be worth your hard-earned cash. It definitely filled in many of the 'holes for me.

3.5/5 Bags&Boards - Nothing too memorable, albeit enjoyable enough to help enthuse the experience that is Siege.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

6Siege: Embedded Empty Re: Siege: Embedded Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:26 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Siege: Embedded #1

If not for this issue, my outlook on Siege would really look low. Thankfully, not all, but many of my problems with the impact of the Soldier Field Disaster are now explained. It's not that I, myself, needed the explaining; it's that I wanted to see the fall-out from the eyes of anyone other than solely Norman and the Avengers. What does the city think? The country?
I've got the issue in front of me right now and I see about 2 pages devoted to the impact of the disaster so I'm not seeing what you're seeing at all.

I guess the point of this book now is going to be about media manipulation but I'm just going to have a big problem with that. The President told Osborn to stand down and he has attacked Asgard. This should no longer be about media manipulation. This should be about Osborn now defying his country's leader and, in fact, breaking the law.

I guess my suspension of belief has been broken.

7Siege: Embedded Empty Re: Siege: Embedded Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:51 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:

If not for this issue, my outlook on Siege would really look low. Thankfully, not all, but many of my problems with the impact of the Soldier Field Disaster are now explained. It's not that I, myself, needed the explaining; it's that I wanted to see the fall-out from the eyes of anyone other than solely Norman and the Avengers. What does the city think? The country?
I've got the issue in front of me right now and I see about 2 pages devoted to the impact of the disaster so I'm not seeing what you're seeing at all.

I guess the point of this book now is going to be about media manipulation but I'm just going to have a big problem with that. The President told Osborn to stand down and he has attacked Asgard. This should no longer be about media manipulation. This should be about Osborn now defying his country's leader and, in fact, breaking the law.

Will you wait to see what the President's response will be or have you already made up your mind?

8Siege: Embedded Empty Re: Siege: Embedded Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:32 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:

Will you wait to see what the President's response will be or have you already made up your mind?
Fair enough - I should probably wait to see what happens next. Being judgmental too soon and all that.

9Siege: Embedded Empty Re: Siege: Embedded Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:35 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So you need to read this to see people's reactions? No thanks. I'll just get the main Siege issues and the comics I already buy, no more Marvel tie ins! (or a lot less) please....

10Siege: Embedded Empty Re: Siege: Embedded Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:12 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I actually enjoyed this a lot more than the actual Seige #1. I haven't read any of the previous Front Line mini-series, but I like the human angle this mini is adding to the event. Plus, I love Ben Urich's character. Maybe I'll check out the trades of the previous minis.

11Siege: Embedded Empty Re: Siege: Embedded Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:49 pm

blackhart23

blackhart23
Cadet
Cadet

Embedded was good, and had a nice Front Line feel to it, I always like when they show the dynamic between humans and the superpowers. Volstagg has never been a favorite of mine but I like his presence in this book.

12Siege: Embedded Empty Re: Siege: Embedded Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:45 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#2 was a good read. Its interesting to see Norman's plan with the embedded journalists giving him positive press. Then the HAMMER crack down scene was badass...Volstagg on a Goblin Glider is just pure win! Also really liking the art by Chris Samnee, he captures emotion and facial expressions really well.

13Siege: Embedded Empty Re: Siege: Embedded Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:17 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

S: Embedded #2

Another win! I honestly thought the issue would end when H.A.M.M.E.R. patrolmen stopped Urich's van once they figured Volstagg was riding along. Nope. And oh, Volstagg goes riding--on a Goblin Glider for heaven, err Asgard's sakes! While the ending may seem a little contrived, and the "biased" reporting cliche, I really admired Brian Reed's characters. Todd Keller actually didn't like the fact he's forced to tell corporate-laden news, perhaps for no more reason than his ego. I also like that Ben Urich's stooped to interviewing common folk, and the slapstick between him, Will and Volstagg is priceless. If you don't crack a few smiles between the American Woman magazine/pork rinds and "this is why you don't do TV" segments, you haven't a heart.

I was afraid there'd be a quick copout, with another event tie-in disappointing with its $4 price tag but I was proven wrong. This series is proven to be key in garnering response from everyone not involved with the war. Who am I fooling, everyone in Broxton is IN the war. And seeing it fly overhead makes Embedded more than a simple report.

3.5/5 Bags&Boards - Highly enjoyable tie-in that further expands the reason why we're all reading Siege in the first place. Artist Chris Samnee is a surprise star.

14Siege: Embedded Empty Re: Siege: Embedded Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:13 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#3 was just meh. I guess I was disappointed that Volstagg was nowhere to be found...looks like his story is just transferring over to the Thor tie-in. But it'll be interesting to see what role Urich plays in exposing Norman, and if/when Todd Keller ultimately comes around after he learns the truth...

15Siege: Embedded Empty Re: Siege: Embedded Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:30 am

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Siege Embedded #3

So this is where we get our best view of the fall of Asgard. The lack of Volstag does make this book less entertaining by far. All you really get with this one is some interaction between Ulrich and the sell-out reporter that was in Norman's pocket. It was pretty much uneventful and unlike the other 2 books, didn't seem to add much to the story. I'm kinda glad the camera man didn't get splattered in al the mess and Ulrich almost reminds you of Bruce Willis in Unbreakable as he survives a helicoptor crash unscathed. This was definately a meh issue.

2 out of 5 floating city's hitting the ground.

16Siege: Embedded Empty Re: Siege: Embedded Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:37 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Quick summary of #3 for me - AWFUL. thumbs down gross

17Siege: Embedded Empty Re: Siege: Embedded Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:15 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

HA! I was wondering why no one responded to me when I placed this in the WRONG thread (Siege):

Siege: Embedded #3

As a huge fan/supporter of the first couple issues, this came at a surprise. Issue #3 of Embedded is just pointless, sloppy and stupid.

1/5 Bags&Boards - The Worst Comic Book of the Year

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]