Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Retcon This! House, M.D.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Retcon This! House, M.D. Empty Retcon This! House, M.D. Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:47 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=17164

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

2Retcon This! House, M.D. Empty Re: Retcon This! House, M.D. Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:05 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That was a nice article. While i wouldn't retcon it, i can see your point(s). It's a great show regardless, and i'm glad to see other people enjoy it as much as i do.

3Retcon This! House, M.D. Empty Re: Retcon This! House, M.D. Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:59 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

How about retcon it so that it never existed?

Worst TV Show I've ever seen...I'm baffled how anyone finds it entertaining.

4Retcon This! House, M.D. Empty Re: Retcon This! House, M.D. Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:35 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

How about retconning The Big Bang Theory... so that this world never existed?

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

5Retcon This! House, M.D. Empty Re: Retcon This! House, M.D. Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:27 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Whoa, i happen to like this world!

6Retcon This! House, M.D. Empty Re: Retcon This! House, M.D. Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:55 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:How about retconning The Big Bang Theory... so that this world never existed?

Retcon This! House, M.D. Sheldonsupervillainsig

7Retcon This! House, M.D. Empty Re: Retcon This! House, M.D. Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:18 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Retconning it still doesn't change the fact that every episode is the same. Really it is like "Murder She Wrote" or "Matlock" in regards to plot depth. If you have seen one episode of house you have seen them all, I think Dean Koontz has actually had more original plots.

8Retcon This! House, M.D. Empty Re: Retcon This! House, M.D. Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:26 pm

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

While I can see some of the points I think the article glosses over some of the events/plotslines in the show:

Kutner died for NO reason, that we as an audience were privy to. Not a preposterous reason. Having a mystery that House could not solve (and Kutners "cameo" later on with Amber) was a pivitol part in house going to the psycho ward. And considering where the actor was going (working for Obama), it was a good way to get rid of the character in a shocking way while portraying a serious issue in a realistic way.

Amber and Wilson was a pretty big continuing plot line that got 2 lines in the article. Even before death Amber affected House and her "return" later on made for great episodes. And in between the strained relationship between House and Wilson made for good TV.

Houses reality show in season 4 lasted much longer then a "few" episodes. It seemed to take half the season. The big group might have only lasted a few but the narrowing down to 3 took much longer.

I love House and the directions it took so opinions on importance of above plotlines will differ. I agree that the shift from old minions to new minions to old minions to new again could of been handled better, and 13 and Forman was not needed, but generally the show has still been a A show for me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum