Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars Changes

+14
Tom
supervenom
Joshua
TENIME_art
Goof
Lee
Debaser77
Heytherejeffro
Administrator
Que
Thundermatts
MillionDollarGeek
BlueMaxx
shark6495
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Star Wars Changes Empty Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:34 am

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Hey, while I do not consider my self a Star Wars fan (as I didnt see any of the movies till I was 17) and to date I have seen all of Ep 1, parts of 2 and 3, all of 4, about half of 5 and I have never seen 6......
But anyways I found this interesting from a movie perspective.... Here is a site talking about the changes in the original versus the 1984 movie and the DVD release....

Changes to Star Wars

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

2Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:57 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shark6495 wrote:Hey, while I do not consider my self a Star Wars fan (as I didnt see any of the movies till I was 17) and to date I have seen all of Ep 1, parts of 2 and 3, all of 4, about half of 5 and I have never seen 6......
Star Wars Changes Shocked

But ya, I've read and had enough arguments over the digitally remastared, Han-shot-first with conversations, posts and articles.

Need to get the originals. Haven't seen those since I was real little. The werewolf looking guy changed to the CG elephant/callamari guy sucks. I liked the guy in the Wolfman mask. Heh.

3Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:58 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Get the damn VHS tape and watch them. That's the original. This is why I dont own any of the DVD's. Hayden Christensen as Darth Vadar in Return of the Jedi instead of the original guy that played him? You expect me to believe Hayden is a CGI in a 1980's movie?

I love the original trilogy, but then it got worked on too many times. I remember when Jabba the Hut was a fat human damnit!

4Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:07 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No you dont. That was never ever in a movie or meant to be, he was just a placeholder, always meant to be covered by an alien. it was something for Han to interact with. tongue

Also, George Lucas is the director (Uhhh, well, you know what I mean, they're his babies) and I love the changes he's made so far. I remember reading a quote from a director (I forget who) who said something along the lines of; "You're never done with a movie, if I could, I'd take my whole life to make one."

5Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:21 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

See what I mean! I dont know what's what anymore.

6Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:41 am

Que

Que
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

BlueMaxx wrote:

Need to get the originals. Haven't seen those since I was real little. The werewolf looking guy changed to the CG elephant/callamari guy sucks. I liked the guy in the Wolfman mask. Heh.

Please tell me your not talking about chewie.....Please god tell me.....

7Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:57 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Que wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:

Eh... you really should visit the link in the first post. There's an alien in the bar scene that originally was a guy in a werewolf mask, but in later editions was changed into something far more fitting for an extraterrestrial.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

8Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:19 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Que wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:

He's talking about Lak Sivrak, the Shistavenan Wolfman. He was having a conversation with Dice Ibegon, who is a relatively force-attuned "good-guy" alien.

May God have mercy on my soul for knowing that...

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

9Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:10 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

surprised

10Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:33 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

The human Jabba scene was shown in a "making of" special that aired on HBO during the early 80's, as was the scene with Biggs and the rest of Luke's buddies at Toshi Station. I wish that scene was included in the Special Edition. I'll bet that special can be found on Youtube.

11Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:18 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

We're talking Star Wars on tonight's PoP!-Cast. Check it out at 10pm EST at chat.panelsonpages.com.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

12Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:22 am

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Do you guys think in the future, George Lucas will go back and change Episode II and III so that Ahsoka Tano will be in them?

13Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:29 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

I wonder what happened to all those different movies Lucas wanted to direct. I think he's not willing to take any risks anymore, so he keeps going back to Star Wars. The movies are done, but he'll probably keep tinkering with them until the day he dies.

14Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:43 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Star Wars Changes 080134-d0
Star Wars Changes 080135-d0
Star Wars Changes 080136-d0

Original, untouched theatrical versions on DVD.

Unfortunately...they are untouched. The audio isn't as good as it could be, and the widescreen isn't anamorphic.

15Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:50 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The only special edition changes that ever really bothered me were Greedo shooting first and replacing Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christensen. I actually prefer the music at the end of SE RotJ to the original music. Fuck the Yub-nub song.

16Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:52 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

^ The only thing I missed about the Yub-Yub omission in the ROTJ SE was Lando's off-beat clapping.

The Empire SE was pretty well done, but I hate how they redid the Sarlacc in Jedi, and the Max Rebo remix is AWFUL.

17Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:56 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MillionDollarGeek wrote:
I love the original trilogy, but then it got worked on too many times. I remember when Jabba the Hut was a fat human damnit!

Thundermatts wrote:No you dont. That was never ever in a movie or meant to be, he was just a placeholder, always meant to be covered by an alien. it was something for Han to interact with. tongue
In the non-canon Marvel comics, Jabba was a chubby humanoid and turned into the slug that he became.

Heytherejeffro wrote:
Que wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:

He's talking about Lak Sivrak, the Shistavenan Wolfman. He was having a conversation with Dice Ibegon, who is a relatively force-attuned "good-guy" alien.

May God have mercy on my soul for knowing that...
Exactly, the...whoa, Jeffro. Don't know whether to give you the bowing smiley or the lame emoticon. Heh.

18Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:59 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Holy...they have action figures? They're barely in the movies.
Star Wars Changes DSC02297Star Wars Changes 3279104820_17d4e69f07

19Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:03 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I dislike Hayden's ghost, the new Jabba palace song (the song, the CG Sy Snootles & the stupid CG fuzzy guy), Greedo shooting first (I just don't like that it makes Han more "socially acceptable" - let him kill Greedo in cold blood!!), and the DVD version of New Hope Jabba.

I love theatrical New Hope Jabba, Empire McDiarmid, Jedi Coruscant, the lightsaber floor reflections, Temuera Morrison Boba, and the Wampa.

I just wish they'd had Morrison do the Stormtroopers like they'd teased.

20Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:08 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:
I just wish they'd had Morrison do the Stormtroopers like they'd teased.
Man, I'm so glad they didn't. I hate the idea of the Stormtroopers being clones.

George Lucas should set-up a website where you select which features from all of the different versions of the movies you want to include and sell custom DVDs. PersonalStarWars.com!

21Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:10 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Greedo doesn't shoot first anymore, in the 04 tinkerings, they shoot at pretty much the same time. At least he didn't listen to Stevie, he wanted them to wave walkie talkies at one another. (I made that up.)

And most of the Stormtroopers are't clones anymore, so I assume picking and choosing which ones are and which ones aren't is more hastle than it's worth. Though Lucas has said it's the 501st with Vader in the very beginning, and that they were still the clones he took with him in Sith. So they should have been, at the very least.

22Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:14 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:George Lucas should set-up a website where you select which features from all of the different versions of the movies you want to include and sell custom DVDs. PersonalStarWars.com!

Laughing

I kinda like that!!

23Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:31 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:
I kinda like that!!
At first I was totally kidding, but the more I think about it the more I want it to become a reality.

24Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:39 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing neutral Laughing

25Star Wars Changes Empty Re: Star Wars Changes Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:24 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Holy...they have action figures? They're barely in the movies.
Star Wars Changes DSC02297Star Wars Changes 3279104820_17d4e69f07
Yeah, it comes from playing the Decipher SWCCG; Trinto Duoba, if you're wondering, was a "dark" fortune teller...
Oh, and the correct answer would be that I deserve the "lame" smiley for this.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum