Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Singing do you do it?

+9
Joshua
Goof
superdoug
Ben Akers
Gandicles
Silent K
BlueMaxx
Ska
kidspider2099
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Singing do you do it? Empty Singing do you do it? Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:16 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can kinda sing i enjoy it even though i don't think i'm great in it i sang in a chorus in grade school. I sang in a musicak in High school. I sing in the shower and i sing to wierd al. I would never sing in front of people.

2Singing do you do it? Empty Re: Singing do you do it? Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:19 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I sang in Rock Band at PoP Goes the New Year. That's about it.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

3Singing do you do it? Empty Re: Singing do you do it? Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:51 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shower or mumble-singing to music, but no, don't sing.

Tenime, Chris, and Pete sing, apparently. tongue

Spider-Man wrote:

4Singing do you do it? Empty Re: Singing do you do it? Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:12 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I will sing my ass off on Guitar Hero/Rock Band.

5Singing do you do it? Empty Re: Singing do you do it? Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:04 am

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

It hurts after a song or two, but I can sound damn close to one of the lead singers of the Dropkick Murphys.

One of these days I'm gonna have to take a class and learn to sing proper.

6Singing do you do it? Empty Re: Singing do you do it? Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:05 pm

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I will sing at parties to Guitar Hero/Rock Band which is immediately followed by wife saying "And he was in choir in high school."

7Singing do you do it? Empty Re: Singing do you do it? Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:27 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was in choir in junior high school, and I've been in a few musicals. I get my singing ability from my mom, although she's much better than I am. My range is mid-baritone to bass, although I can push into a second tenor if I really tighten up and have had sufficient time to warm up my vocal chords.

I'll sing at karaoke, and I sing to my boyfriend sometimes...and I admit to singing around the house and in the shower when I'm here alone. tongue

8Singing do you do it? Empty Re: Singing do you do it? Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:27 pm

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I usually sing in the car or while wondering around work or home.

9Singing do you do it? Empty Re: Singing do you do it? Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:04 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I sing constantly, just not well.

10Singing do you do it? Empty Re: Singing do you do it? Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:21 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:I will sing my ass off on Guitar Hero/Rock Band.
Ska wrote:I sang in Rock Band at PoP Goes the New Year.

And damn good, too!!

BlueMaxx wrote:
Tenime, Chris, and Pete sing, apparently. tongue

TENIME AND Chris!? In the same room!? I thought those guys hated each other!!

affraid

tongue

Gandicles wrote:It hurts after a song or two, but I can sound damn close to one of the lead singers of the Dropkick Murphys.

One of these days I'm gonna have to take a class and learn to sing proper.

One of my coworkers keeps promising to give me free vocal lessons, so I can stop singing from the throat (which is why it hurts) and start singing from the diaphragm, too.

If you can do that, not only will it not hurt anymore (and, god, does it ever hurt! Sad), but you'll be able to hit more notes, too (higher and deeper).

11Singing do you do it? Empty Re: Singing do you do it? Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:37 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:

One of my coworkers keeps promising to give me free vocal lessons, so I can stop singing from the throat (which is why it hurts) and start singing from the diaphragm, too.

If you can do that, not only will it not hurt anymore (and, god, does it ever hurt! Sad), but you'll be able to hit more notes, too (higher and deeper).

Yeah, breathing is very important. If you can relearn the way you breathe you can do really amazing stuff when it comes to holding notes and such. Focusing on using the lower part of your ribcage and filling your lungs at the bottom (instead of the top the way most people breath) and then letting the air out slowly will give you wicked long notes without feeling like you're gonna pass out.

Throat singing can cause nodules that will screw up your voice forever if not surgically removed.

I might have sang a song or two once. Wink

12Singing do you do it? Empty Re: Singing do you do it? Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:27 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I sang in a drunken Grindcore band called, "Fecal Delicacy" It was something me a a few friends used to do at parties. This was in the days before "Rock Band" tongue

13Singing do you do it? Empty Re: Singing do you do it? Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:23 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I sing in the shower and the car (when I know no one's listening), I sang a few numbers when I was in a band, and I loved me some karaoke, though I haven't done it in nearly ten years. Nowadays, I mostly just sing my kids to sleep.

14Singing do you do it? Empty Re: Singing do you do it? Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:41 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Every now and then I think I'd like to sing in a band again...but then I remember all the bullshit you go through and that urge fades quick.

Nah I'm bullshittin, I'd still do it if someone asked, it's just too damn fun!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum