Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Con Sketch Prices. Who charges what.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Con Sketch Prices.  Who charges what. Empty Con Sketch Prices. Who charges what. Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:41 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hey kids. When going to a convention, the question "How much $$ should I bring?" springs to mind. I thought it may be a good idea to compile a list of artists and their prices as a reference.

How bout it? Very Happy

2Con Sketch Prices.  Who charges what. Empty Re: Con Sketch Prices. Who charges what. Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't have any current numbers offhand, but I know a lot of artists prices change (i.e., increase) as they become more established. If you're looking to get any commissions from known comic book names, you're going to want to take several hundred dollars.

3Con Sketch Prices.  Who charges what. Empty Re: Con Sketch Prices. Who charges what. Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:55 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Right. I was just interested in establishing a guide or a quick reference.

4Con Sketch Prices.  Who charges what. Empty Re: Con Sketch Prices. Who charges what. Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:03 pm

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

I got 6/7 from the last CCC. Didn't pay more then 20 each with some free/free with purchase. I can break out the names if needed.

5Con Sketch Prices.  Who charges what. Empty Re: Con Sketch Prices. Who charges what. Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:17 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ok let me see if I remember some.

Adam Hughs--$300
Alex Maleev --$200-300
Jim Califore - $60 +
Neal Adams --$300
Mike Choi --$60 +
Paolo Rivera --$60 +
Tim Sales --$150 +
Jim Lee -- Free for the first 5 people in his line!!!

Hard to think of others. Your best bet is visiting the website of the artist. It also depends on what you ask for. Bust, Full Figure, Color. Obvious the more deatail the more $$ and the rates are always changing.

6Con Sketch Prices.  Who charges what. Empty Re: Con Sketch Prices. Who charges what. Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:08 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I figured checking websites is best but we can put together a quick reference for The Pop Kids.

Adam Hughs--$300
Alex Maleev --$200-300
Jim Califore - $60 +
Neal Adams --$300
Mike Choi --$60 +
Paolo Rivera --$60 +
Tim Sales --$150 +
Jim Lee -- Free for the first 5 people in his line!!!
Arthur Suydam $50- $100

7Con Sketch Prices.  Who charges what. Empty Re: Con Sketch Prices. Who charges what. Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:54 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Those prices usually drop dramatically for kids and girls.

I bring some of my students to cons, and so far they've grabbed free work from Andy Kubert, Alex Maleev, Khoi Pham, Ethan Van Sciver, Humberto Ramos, and more.

Honestly, quick head sketches are usually pretty cheap if you're not creepy or anything.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

8Con Sketch Prices.  Who charges what. Empty Re: Con Sketch Prices. Who charges what. Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:44 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:Those prices usually drop dramatically for kids and girls.

I bring some of my students to cons, and so far they've grabbed free work from Andy Kubert, Alex Maleev, Khoi Pham, Ethan Van Sciver, Humberto Ramos, and more.

Honestly, quick head sketches are usually pretty cheap if you're not creepy or anything.

Very true. They are usually done for free if the artist is signing at a special booth. Greg Horn does free quick sketches at his booth about an hour before closing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum