Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Japanese Cartoon

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Japanese Cartoon Empty Japanese Cartoon Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:41 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Alright, he's been denying he's the lead singer of this band for about a year and from the little resource I've read, he's finally admitted he is. If you're a fan of his, you'll notice that he uses a British accent as he sings and that's what started the buzz. Fans have learned Lupe Fiasco denied having a band-he's using an alter ego that has nothing to do with his solo career and it seems he's more rebel in Japanese Cartoon. I think it's genius of him to come up with this idea because I've been all for things familiar. By the way, did I mention [how happy I am?!. I knew this had to be him because he into the Japanese culture and all-that band name gave it away fast.

Japanese Cartoon's debut album is rumored to be released the same day or year of Lupe Fiasco's album, "The Great American Rap Album" in 2010 which would have to be after Lasers releases so I'm sure it's just an estimation. So, here are official videos of one of the bands songs and "Solor Midnite" that Lupe recorded for the Twilight Soundtrack which is also a rock song. What do you think of this from Lupe Fiasco or how do you feel about the sound in your own opinion?

Japanese Cartoon - Army-

Lupe Fiasco (Japanese Cartoon?) - Solar Midnite-

MySpace-
http://www.myspace.com/japanesecartoon

Japanese Cartoon Japanese%20cartoon

2Japanese Cartoon Empty Re: Japanese Cartoon Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:29 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I had no idea about this. Seems cool though, never would've guessed he'd be into Japan pop culture. A girl I worked with said she met him at a promo event, said he was a very nice & polite guy.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

3Japanese Cartoon Empty Re: Japanese Cartoon Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:28 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:I had no idea about this. Seems cool though, never would've guessed he'd be into Japan pop culture. A girl I worked with said she met him at a promo event, said he was a very nice & polite guy.
Wow, that cool and yeah, Lupe is always a cool laid back guy. By the way, he goes by his real-life name Wasalu Jaco in Japanese Cartoon...this other persona thing he's got going on is interesting.

4Japanese Cartoon Empty Re: Japanese Cartoon Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:21 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hahaha-read this that Lupe posted on his site-

Hi guys...Lupe Here...

There seems to be a lot...A LOT...of misconception and misguided info floating around the net...so for the sake of clarity and so that everyone (HOPEFULLY) will be on the same page let me reaffirm and debunk some things and just turn down the general noise that is surrounding Lupe Fiasco...thats me...

My Third Album is Titled "LASERS" not "WE ARE LASERS" or "LUPE.N.D."...

MY NEXT ALBUM IS NOT TITLED "LUPE.N.D."...

"LASERS" is NOT my last and final album...

"LASERS" does NOT drop in 2009...

"LASERS" does NOT HAVE A RELEASE DATE YET...

"SOLAR MIDNITE" is NOT a single off of "LASERS"...Nor was it intended to be apart of "LASERS" project...

"SOLAR MIDNITE" was exclusively done at the request of the Twilight: New Moon Team to be apart of their film, motion picture soundtrack and as a vehicle to promote the film...NOT TO PROMOTE "LASERS"...

I produced "SOLAR MIDNITE"

I'm not SELLING OUT by doing a song for NEW MOON...

People thought I "SOLD OUT" when I did "Kick, Push"...

I LOVE "SOLAR MIDNITE"...

"SOLAR MIDNITE" is NOT a HIP-HOP RECORD...

I've done ROCK or ROCK-like records on all of my previous albums...i.e. "The Instrumental" "Hello/Goodbye"...

I HAVE A PUNK BAND CALLED JAPANESE CARTOON WHICH I SING IN AND PRODUCE FOR...I DO NOT GO BY "LUPE FIASCO" WHEN I DO SONGS WITH JAPANESE CARTOON...NOR PERCIVAL FATS!!!...I USE MY REAL NAME...

Enemy Of The State was NOT, NOT, NOT meant to be an album...so stop (to the ungrateful among you) TREATING it like one...

Enemy Of The State was short for a reason...I DONT LIKE TO WASTE SONGS...AND IT SHOULDN'T TAKE YOU THAT LONG TO PROVE YOUR NICE IF YOUR "REALLY" NICE...

ENEMY OF THE STATE WAS WATERED DOWN ON PURPOSE...BECAUSE ITS NOT AN ALBUM...

MOST OF ENEMY OF THE STATE WAS DONE IN ONE DAY...

IF YOU DONT HEAR IT FROM ME OR DJ BUSY IT MAY NOT BE THE COMPLETE TRUTH!!!

Its more noise out there and stupid rumor but I really don't have the stamina...

FNF UP...

5Japanese Cartoon Empty Re: Japanese Cartoon Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:22 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Jose turned me on to Lupe, and I showed him Japanese Cartoon, thanks to you, Chris.

We used "Go Go Gadget Flow" for one of the PoP! @ CCC Vids!

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=10893

6Japanese Cartoon Empty Re: Japanese Cartoon Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:56 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Jose turned me on to Lupe, and I showed him Japanese Cartoon, thanks to you, Chris.

We used "Go Go Gadget Flow" for one of the PoP! @ CCC Vids!

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=10893
Hahaha-I loved the video! Yeah, keep a look out for Japanese Cartoon and CRS with him, Kanye West and Pharell.

7Japanese Cartoon Empty Re: Japanese Cartoon Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:15 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That is not punk. That is awful.

Solar Midnite ain't bad. I love Daydreamin'.

8Japanese Cartoon Empty Re: Japanese Cartoon Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:34 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:That is not punk. That is awful.

Solar Midnite ain't bad. I love Daydreamin'.
I'd personally call them an Alternative band like Gorrilaz but this is Lupe Fiasco we're talking about. What do you think about this one?

9Japanese Cartoon Empty Re: Japanese Cartoon Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:33 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Whoa...

Japanese Cartoon - All Sabotage-

10Japanese Cartoon Empty Re: Japanese Cartoon Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:58 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Here's another song with Lupe using the British accent gimmick more-

Sponsored content