Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Valentine's Day

+4
Ben Akers
Debaser77
Joshua
ChrisToPhenom
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Valentine's Day Empty Valentine's Day Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:19 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

When I first watched the trailers, I thought, "Damn"! I've never seen so many A-list actors in the same movie. I guess we won't have to wait until The Avengers releases for that this treatment. I have a feeling this will be a good movie along with one that says the big celebrities are the only ones holding it together. I've never watched romantic comedies much but I think I'll give (500) Days of Summer and Valentine's Day a try which I think (500) Days of Summer will definitely impress me.

Trailers 1 & 2-

IMDb-
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0817230/

Wiki-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine%27s_Day_%28film%29

Poster-

Valentine's Day Valentines_day_poster_10

2Valentine's Day Empty Re: Valentine's Day Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:30 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know how many of those I'd call A-list actors and there have certainly been other movies with well-respected ensemble casts. True Romance and Mars Attacks both immediately come to mind, and I'm positive there are many others.

As for the movie itself, it looks like pretty typical bland and formulaic romantic fare. I'd offer up Love Actually and Forgetting Sarah Marshall as alternates if you're looking for good romantic comedy (a genre with few real gems).

3Valentine's Day Empty Re: Valentine's Day Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:31 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Valentine's Day looks like a less cynical version of He's Just Not That Into You and an American Love, Actually.

Definitely give (500) Days Of Summer a shot...it's fantastic, and it's got a lot more truth and insight than most cookie-cutter rom-coms.

4Valentine's Day Empty Re: Valentine's Day Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:57 pm

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I don't think that the writer, whose biggest credits include The Price & I and Xena: Warrior Princess can compete with Love, Actually's Richard Curtis.

5Valentine's Day Empty Re: Valentine's Day Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:12 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This seems ok but I really enjoyed Love, Actually a lot. Thought it was a great cast. I saw He's Just Not That into You and it was ok. This seems like it could be cute. I am sure my wife will want to see it so that means I am going to be seeing it which is fine cause that means Iron Man 2, here I come.

6Valentine's Day Empty Re: Valentine's Day Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:27 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

With a cast that big I don't see everyone getting good quality screen time...if you are looking for romantic comedies on V-Day...give Sweet Home Alamba, The Proposal and Shaun of the Dead a view...hey's its a romantic comedy with zombies...it says so right on the poster Laughing

7Valentine's Day Empty Re: Valentine's Day Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:34 pm

CherriesJubilee

CherriesJubilee
Pirate
Pirate

I hate romantic comedies - they are so rarely funny OR romantic and they are SO predictable. I've yet to see a r/c that surprises me in any way.

I agree that Valentine's Day looks like an American Love, Actually (which IS a good movie).

8Valentine's Day Empty Re: Valentine's Day Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:30 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Damn, looking at all those names on the poster that is a lot of famous actors.

But movies like this, I usually pass up on seeing. Just not into love (or romance) as a main plot even if might be good or whatever.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum