Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

the great sweat shirt debate

+11
BlueMaxx
Thundermatts
Spaced4SimonPegg
TENIME_art
Silent K
Combo Mo
superdoug
Goof
shark6495
Administrator
kidspider2099
15 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1the great sweat shirt debate Empty the great sweat shirt debate Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:46 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Me and brother were having a dicussion last night whether or not zip up sweatshirts were considered hoodies. My brother believes that hoodies are only pull over sweatshirts and that zip up sweatshirts with a hood are just hooded sweatshirts.
I say that zip up sweatshirts are hoodies my belief is it has a hood its considered a hoodie even it zips up.

so what do you guys think?

2the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:48 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Your day must be so filled with thrills.

I always thought that both are considered the same, with the only difference being the zip.

Last edited by Tomer Soiker on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

3the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:51 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

zippered hoodies versus normal hoodies?

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

4the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:57 pm

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

All I know is if you cut eye holes in the hood and wear it backwards you've got a cheap halloween costume and a ruined sweatshirt.

5the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:07 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Google Image search answered it this way:

Hooded Sweatshirt:
the great sweat shirt debate Gildan-hooded-sweatshirt

Hoodie:
the great sweat shirt debate HoodieBUZZ_468x485

Hooded Sweat Jacket:
the great sweat shirt debate PUMALargeLogoHoodedbrownmencasualsw

6the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:08 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Goof wrote:All I know is if you cut eye holes in the hood and wear it backwards you've got a cheap halloween costume and a ruined sweatshirt.

Laughing Laughing

7the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:22 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Your day must be so filled with thrills.

I always thought that both are considered the same, with the only difference being the zip.

yeah my days are awesome.

8the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:48 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I'd consider both hoodies, but would probably more so consider the pullover to just be a Hooded Sweatshirt, not the other way around.

9the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:57 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I consider them both to be "hooded sweatshirts". I always thought "hoodie" was slang.

10the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:04 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If it has a hood..its a hoodie.

11the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:10 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I always thought of Hoodies as only the zip up kind. If it has a zipper, it's a hoodie, and more akin to a jacket, and can be worn as such. a hooded sweatshirt constitutes a shirt with no zipper, and must be washed between wearings and can't be worn multiple days in a row.

Last edited by Thundermatts on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

12the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:11 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Thundermatts wrote:I always thought of Hoodies as only the zip up kind. If it has a zipper, it's a hoodie, and more akin to a jacket, and can be worn as such. a hooded sweatshirt constitutes a shirt with no zipper, and must be wached between wearings and can't be worn multiple days in a row.

I kinda like this.

13the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:10 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:If it has a hood..its a hoodie.
That's how I took it. With the exception of coats, hoodies are zip-up or the ones with the pouch. Usuallly made of cotton and are a light, casual sweatshirt and/or jacket-esque article of clothing with a hood.

14the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:39 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wear my sweatshirts one more than one day course i don't wear them for the whole day.

15the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:51 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:I wear my sweatshirts one more than one day course i don't wear them for the whole day.

Well, all your friends are laughing at you behind your back.

16the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:49 am

CherriesJubilee

CherriesJubilee
Pirate
Pirate

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:If it has a hood..its a hoodie.

Agreed yes

17the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:06 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:I always thought of Hoodies as only the zip up kind. If it has a zipper, it's a hoodie, and more akin to a jacket, and can be worn as such. a hooded sweatshirt constitutes a shirt with no zipper, and must be washed between wearings and can't be worn multiple days in a row.

You're supposed to wash them?

18the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:46 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Oddly, I wash them the least, and during Fall and Winter they're worn the most and on the outside, absorbing everything. Heh.

19the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:14 am

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

this room just started to smell

20the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:16 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

gangsternerd wrote:this room just started to smell
Not surprisingly, just when you showed up. Wink

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

21the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:57 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:I'd consider both hoodies, but would probably more so consider the pullover to just be a Hooded Sweatshirt, not the other way around.
I agree with this.

22the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:01 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hoodie (or hoody), short for "hooded sweatshirt", is a heavy upper-body garment with a hood. The characteristic design includes large frontal pockets, a hood, and (usually) a drawstring to adjust the hood opening. Hoodies with zippers are called "zip hoodies" or "zip-ups".

Found this! There! I always considered the ones with zippers loosely a hoodie. Since the hoodie was based off the garb of Catholic monks. yes

I'm currently wearing a fundamental hoodie. Wink Laughing

23the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:59 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah i had a friend on facebook who prints for a living tell me pretty much everthing bluemaxx did.

24the great sweat shirt debate Empty Re: the great sweat shirt debate Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:31 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sooo...both hoodies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum