Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Losers

+14
Spaced4SimonPegg
Spazzy
colossus1979
Sandman
Paroxysm
supervenom
melvinlikechris
AlienIncognito
Administrator
jaydee74
Combo Mo
Bigtymin504
BlueMaxx
Joshua
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Losers Empty The Losers Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:11 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Based on the Vertigo comic by Andy Diggle and Jock, this movie looks pretty damn fantastic: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43820

2The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:39 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jeffrey Dean Morgan plays Sargent Clay, Idris Elba is Roque, Chris Evans is Jensen, Columbus Short is Pooch, Zoe Saldana is Aisha, and Oscar Jaenada is Cougar.
That tickles me wonderfully. Aisha is supposed to be Persian, I thought, but it is Saldana, so I won't complain on that detail. They're doing the exact first story-arc(s) with the fun-ass Vertigo series, so it should be good. The humor seems a bit more amped, but dead-on, as far as I can tell.

I'm still waiting for Sylvain White's and Aronofsky's Ronin adaptation. Smile

The Losers The_losers_cool_pic1
The Losers Losersphoto1

3The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:48 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I never read this book, but that trailer looks sick! Love the cast!

4The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:00 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Never read it either...but I was anxious to see the trailer. Looks like a fun movie!

5The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:19 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jeffery Dean Morgan is the man...

The Losers Kraven-morgan

or

The Losers Hercules

just sayin...

6The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:52 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I'm starting to take more and more notice to his stuff. That, and he's getting bigger as an actor.

7The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:25 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well.......DAMN! That looks like a fun movie. I am really digging Jeffery Dean Morgan as well. This looks cool.

8The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:48 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Bigtymin504 wrote:Jeffery Dean Morgan is the man...
...or:

The Losers Javier-bardem

---

I'm stirring away from anything related to this movie until reading the trade that just came out (ordered it but has yet to pick it up from the store).

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

9The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:48 am

AlienIncognito

AlienIncognito
Pirate
Pirate

Great cast. I'm pretty excited for this.

10The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:31 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The comic is great. I urge everyone to try at least the first trade.

11The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:02 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I second the heck out that. The first trade is most likely what you'll need to read to appreciate the adapation. I can easily see 2 comfortable sequels, a la Bourne Trilogy.

12The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:52 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Zoe Saldana as a feisty, gun-toting undercover agent in skimpy underwear.

Fuckin sold! yes

The Losers Articl10

13The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:02 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

looks pretty good.

14The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:Zoe Saldana as a feisty, gun-toting undercover agent in skimpy underwear.

Fuckin sold! yes

The Losers Articl10

She's so hot...even as a Na'vi. guilty

15The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:43 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
She's so hot...even as a Na'vi. thumbs up

thats better

16The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:45 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Don't feel bad, I realized after Avatar that I had sexual thoughts about a computer-generated image and didn't feel dirty. Laughing

As for The Losers' adaptation, Dark Castle Entertainment can fuck things up sometimes. Check out their filmography of mediocrity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Castle_Entertainment
Don't get me wrong, some were fun, but nothing too memorable.

17The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:08 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Movie review: 'The Losers'
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-losers-20100423,0,1508554.story
Thousands of Hummers, helicopters, hot cars, houses, hotels and humans — well, actors playing humans — were sacrificed to make "The Losers" what it is: a violent, bloody mess.

For the action-loving comic-book fans the film has in its sights, just one word: Duck! There are burning fragments of what passes for a story flying around everywhere in the massive debris field that is "The Losers."

There's a full metal jacket of pounding sound, blood, fireballs, mayhem, double-crosses and the entire future of the U.S. of A. on the line. But the plot? Who decided to kill the plot?

Screenwriters Peter Berg, of the excellent "Friday Night Lights," and James Vanderbilt, of the tightwire thriller "Zodiac," seem to have lost their moorings here, along with director Sylvain White.

Bummer. The film had promising roots in the comic book's band of irreverent brothers created in the '40s during WWII then reborn into the 21st century as special ops bad boys in 2003 via writer Andy Diggle and artist Jock's DC/Vertigo series.

There is charm aplenty in this scruffy bunch. Jeffrey Dean Morgan ( " Watchmen"), Chris Evans ("Fantastic Four"), Idris Elba ( " Obsessed"), Columbus Short ("Stomp the Yard") and Oscar Jaenada ("Che: Part Two") make up the CIA wolf pack forced to go rogue in the backwaters of Bolivia. The film gets a little Adrenalin shot every time they get to use some of it, which is not nearly enough.

Meanwhile, Jason Patric as Max, who is suffering from a bad attitude and a receding hairline, does a very nice turn as the villain with the heart of cold, a mysteriously gloved hand and a teasing mince in his step.

"The Losers" opens with some questionable boom-boom in which 25 school kids and a teddy bear are blown to bits in a drug bust that goes wrong. It's a frame-up that leaves the Losers for dead. Actually, they're just lying low, passing time betting on cockfights and working in a Bolivian sweatshop that makes dolls destined for American toy shelves. It's a slooooow start as the boys wonder if they'll ever make it back home.

Instead of ruby slippers, which wouldn't fit the mood as surreal as it is, they get Zoe Saldana's Aisha, who turns up like a bad penny in a black hat. Finally, some real action and a ticket back home that includes payback for Max.

This chick's all fight as foreplay, slinking around in "action wear," which I believe is really just a splash of body paint, a belt and some boots. By the way, apparently those long legs that were blue in "Avatar" are hers and not a special effect.

The opening violent coupling between Aisha and Clay (Morgan) involves a brutal Tarantino-esque ballet of whirling kicks and bruising chops, all delivered with camera moves that would make Linda Blair's head spin faster than the devil. It also brings "The Losers" some measure of redemption.

From this point on, there are enough clever bits, in that exploding-bodies kind of way, to inject some fun into the party. White and director of photography Scott Kevan, who collaborated on "Stomp the Yard," have some seriously inventive visuals, which at times are smash-cut fabulous.

Morgan brings his swag, his 5 o'clock shadow and his sentimentality to Clay, which is really enough for most Morgan fans. Evans as the computer buff who's actually is buff, and briefly in the buff, has one of the funniest bits — it involves pizza, an iPod, an elevator and over-exposure. In fact, just about every character in "The Losers" has promise.

Now if only they can locate that plot in case there's a sequel.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

18The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:40 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The complaints I'm reading from a few of the reviews I've scanned are all about the comic's original vibe of not taking itself seriously while making commentary...so that's a good thing, since I dug the series.

19The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:40 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

I am looking forward to this and the A-Team, which are both the same kinda movie, both look extreamly fun

20The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:44 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i just got done watching it, me and mrs. c were more than satisfied with it. i thought the dialouge was hillarious. the interaction between all the characters made the movie more than the action to me.

21The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:47 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really enjoyed it! I saw it Friday and then saw Kick-Ass

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

22The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:54 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Glad to hear people are liking it...makes me want to see it more.

23The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:47 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Makes me sad it only came in 5th at the box office.. Sad

24The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:49 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I saw it and liked it. How faithful was the movie to comic, anyone know?

25The Losers Empty Re: The Losers Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:56 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

from what i understand/remember pretty good

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum