Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

A question for our lady posters

+9
FroZen
Big PUN
Silent K
Debaser77
Splitty
Ska
Astro13Zombie
Topcat
Joshua
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1A question for our lady posters Empty A question for our lady posters Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:08 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If you were at the gym working out, alone, and a reasonably good-looking guy tries to initiate conversation, or just makes eye contact and smiles, would you possibly be interested or would you be wary of a guy who hits on women at the gym?

2A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:39 pm

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ironic you should mention this; a couple of really creepy things along these lines happened to me at my last gym.

First: I was working out & this guy kept staring at me. Eventually he comes over & says, "Does your husband or boyfriend work at Unitrode?"

In retrospect, I should have said, "They both do," just for a goof. Wink
But anyway, I said, "Yes, why?"
He then went on to explain that he worked the cleaning crew there & that he recognized me from the pictures in my (now ex-) husband's cubicle. That totally creeped me out.

The second time was when a worker/trainer used my personal info in their database to call me up & invite me to a movie. My then-husband didn't appreciate that, either. Way uncool.

If you're asking because you are interested in someone at your gym and want to know a non-creepy way to approach her, I would say just offer her your card on the way out - when you're all pumped-up but showered, smile as prettily as you can, and don't look back while you're walking out. That'd be the least creepy and most intriguing gym-bunny approach, as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.tamarasanime.com

3A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:33 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wait, I'm supposed to have a card?!

4A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:38 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Wait, I'm supposed to have a card?!
Pfft..yes

5A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:02 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wouldn't want anybody hitting on me in a gym. In fact, I would probably want to be just left alone in a gym. I'm too self conscious, like "Hi, I'm trying to make my body not fat and this is kinda embarrassing so go away." I don't know....I was always embarrassed to lift weights in gym class. ._.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

6A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:39 am

Splitty

Splitty
Ninja
Ninja

I would definately be wary of a guy hitting on me at a gym.
And honestly, I'm not interested in anyone I don't know "hitting" on me in public at all. I mean, they don't know me in the slightest, and in such a generic places can't tell anything about my tastes or personality, so it's obviously just a booty call, and that's not my dealeo. I'm sure alot of females feel the same way, which is why so many guys get 'shot down' in public when approaching STRANGE WOMEN.

Now, if the guy wants to start a conversation about the gym because they're both using the same equipment, or talking about gym related things, over time, like repeated visits, she might consider him a 'gym friend', which could possibly lead to more.
But a guy coming up and being all friendly like, with the obvious intent of getting a number or a romantic vibe, while she's in a very vunerable or private place, taking care of her business in a 'don't bother me' frame of mind, huh-uh.

I'm just guessing (because I don't go to gyms, all the equipment's at home because gyms are creepy), but the best time to approach a lady would be after the workout and shower when she's feeling destressed, but even then she's probably got someplace to be.

http://www.myspace.com/splitty

7A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:46 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think I misspoke. At no point would I simply be walking up to anyone with the sole intention of asking for a phone number. I would simply be trying to start a friendly conversation. And I don't know how much a difference it makes, but I'm not talking about a public gym, but rather the rec center at the local seminary.

8A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:53 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Joshua wrote: And I don't know how much a difference it makes, but I'm not talking about a public gym, but rather the rec center at the local seminary.

Heh Heh...

9A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:59 am

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska & Splitty make excellent points, now that I think about it.
Women usually are self-conscious while working out at the gym.
That was the whole idea behind "Curves," and I see those everywhere now.

Is there anywhere else you can approach this lady, where she might not feel so vulnerable?

10A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:13 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Topcat wrote:
Is there anywhere else you can approach this lady, where she might not feel so vulnerable?
Not without following her, and that's just weird and creepy.

11A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:20 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Hide in her locker.

12A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:29 pm

Big PUN

Big PUN
Cadet
Cadet

Let the air out of her tires and then coincidentally be walking to your car when she discovers the need for assistance.

13A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:30 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Hide in her locker.

lol! Best idea EVER

14A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:29 pm

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FroZen wrote:

lol! Best idea EVER

Be sure to be naked & covered in baby oil, so she doesn't think you're some kind of weird pervert or anything.

Wink

15A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:08 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Topcat wrote:
FroZen wrote:

lol! Best idea EVER

Be sure to be naked & covered in baby oil, so she doesn't think you're some kind of weird pervert or anything.

Wink
Thats how I got my prom date!

http://realityfugitives.com/

16A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:15 am

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

did you every hit on that chick

17A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:04 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Good Q. :huh

18A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:16 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nope, though I did ask a waitress out a number of weeks ago.

19A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:21 pm

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

progress

20A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:24 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Nope, though I did ask a waitress out a number of weeks ago.
And...how'd that work out for ya?

21A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:56 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FroZen wrote:
She gave me the typical "that's sweet/I'm really flattered" line, but she had a boyfriend. Still, I'll take rejection over not having the courage to ask any day of the week. It only gives me more confidence the next time I try because rejection is never as bad as we think it will be.

22A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:59 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
FroZen wrote:
She gave me the typical "that's sweet/I'm really flattered" line, but she had a boyfriend. Still, I'll take rejection over not having the courage to ask any day of the week. It only gives me more confidence the next time I try because rejection is never as bad as we think it will be.
Well said...I tip my hat to you for the effort.

23A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:14 pm

Lantern Lite

Lantern Lite
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Joshua wrote:
FroZen wrote:

yeah until the bullets start flying

24A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:45 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Or the bf comes out of nowhere with a right hook...or her friends start laughing and throwing things.

Laughing Just kidding. Going for worst scenario in a nightmare. :P

25A question for our lady posters Empty Re: A question for our lady posters Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:35 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Or the bf comes out of nowhere with a right hook...or her friends start laughing and throwing things.

Laughing Just kidding. Going for worst scenario in a nightmare. :P
Don't lie Maxx...that's straight outta personal experience isn't it. oh and I didn't mean to hit you in the head with the flower pot...it's just that everyone else was throwing things and laughing so I figured...eh...what the hell.. tongue

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum