Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daredevil Reboot Screewriter Announced?

+7
azrael07
jaydee74
blue halo
BlueMaxx
prescribeddrone
Bigtymin504
Foreigner_Man
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Daredevil Reboot Screewriter Announced? Empty Daredevil Reboot Screewriter Announced? Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/02/05/daredevil-reboot-planned-with-the-day-the-earth-stood-still-screenwriter/

'Tis the season for reboots, it seems — and Marvel's blind protector of Hell's Kitchen is next on the list.

According to Deadline Hollywood, a new "Daredevil" movie is in the works, written by "The Day The Earth Stood Still" screenwriter David Scarpa. The film will be produced by former News Corp President Peter Chernin.

While there's been no official word on the reboot thus far, rumors regarding a "Daredevil" reboot surfaced back in March 2009 and have been the subject of much online speculation. 20th Century Fox currently owns the rights to the character, but stands to lose the rights if the property remains idle for too long.

Thoughts?

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This annoys the heck out of me. FOX is just doing this so the rights to Daredevil don't revert back to Marvel Studios. I'd rather FOX not do a reboot, they already mishandled this franchise the first time.

My ideal scenario would be for Marvel Studios to get the rights back and do Daredevil justice. This film should be a really dark crime film...a darker "Dark Knight" if you will.

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I agree with Bigtymin but I have no idea on the good or bad of the director because I never seen the day the earth stood still (yet).

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

*sigh*

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Will Affleck be back? haha

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

To early in the planning stages to comment one way or another.

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Affleck was the BOMB in Phantoms.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I did actually like that movie. Couldn't tell if Jay & Silent Bob were bullshitting through the sardonic nature of the story, but I was with them.

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

hurm...

not sure how i feel about this. i feel like all of Marvel's rebooting is going to lead a slippery slope. and this doesn't bode well either. I mean i still don't think either of the Incredible Hulk films were any good, and now they wanna reboot Daredevil along with Spider-Man? Which i stil don't understand how they could announce a reboot this soon, though after Spider-Man 3 who can blame them.

this'll prolly just be a rip off of Batman Begins. i mean, gritty,realistic and dark isn't bad for a movie but i feel like we're going to get in the Comic Book movies what the horror movies got, someone came out with a really good movie, and now everyone is going to try copy the film style.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I honestly never cared much about the character. If they come out with something cool, I'll be up for it.

11Daredevil Reboot Screewriter Announced? Empty Re: Daredevil Reboot Screewriter Announced? Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:13 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

BlueMaxx wrote:^ I did actually like that movie. Couldn't tell if Jay & Silent Bob were bullshitting through the sardonic nature of the story, but I was with them.
I saw Phantoms well before Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back came out, so I wasn't tainted by their opinion, but I do agree with it!

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I know it'll never happen, but I'd love to see an R-rated Daredevil film inspired closely by the early Frank Miller issues.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ You might get a really cool fan-film, but that's it.

blue halo wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:^ I did actually like that movie. Couldn't tell if Jay & Silent Bob were bullshitting through the sardonic nature of the story, but I was with them.
I saw Phantoms well before Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back came out, so I wasn't tainted by their opinion, but I do agree with it!
Same. I have it on tape somewhere.

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:a new "Daredevil" movie is in the works, written by "The Day The Earth Stood Still" screenwriter David Scarpa.

Wait, the Keanu Reeves movie? Yikes..

15Daredevil Reboot Screewriter Announced? Empty Re: Daredevil Reboot Screewriter Announced? Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Day the Earth Stood Still was a terrible movie...I don't have high hopes for this one. shake my head

16Daredevil Reboot Screewriter Announced? Empty Re: Daredevil Reboot Screewriter Announced? Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:27 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:The Day the Earth Stood Still was a terrible movie...I don't have high hopes for this one. shake my head

Yeah, as I've come to find with most Marvel movies, this sounds like another wait for DVD scenario

17Daredevil Reboot Screewriter Announced? Empty Re: Daredevil Reboot Screewriter Announced? Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:05 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

<--<--<-- Stoked.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]