Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Man of Steel

+18
Off_White_Lantern
The Ignored One
jaydee74
Administrator
Spaced4SimonPegg
Foreigner_Man
blue halo
breatheasy
Joshua
Fresh03
superdoug
BlueMaxx
shark6495
Thundermatts
Debaser77
azrael07
Silent K
Bigtymin504
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1The Man of Steel Empty The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:28 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/its-a-bird-its-a-plane-its-chris-nolan-hell-mentor-superman-3-0-while-preparing-3rd-batman/

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros is trying to ready its DC Comics stalwart Superman to soar again on the Big Screen, and the studio has turned to Chris Nolan to mentor development of the movie. Our insiders say that the brains behind rebooted Batman has been asked to play a "godfather" role and ensure The Man Of Steel gets off the ground after a 3 1/2-year hiatus. Nolan's leadership of the project can set it in the right direction with the critics and the fans, not to mention at the box office. Besides, Nolan is considered something of a god at Warner Bros and has a strong relationship with the studio after the success of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Though he wasn’t obligated to do so, he gave the studio first crack at his spec script Inception, and Warner Bros was able to buy it before other studios even got a sniff. While Nolan completes that Leonardo DiCaprio-starrer for a July 16th release, he's also hatched an idea for Warner Bros' third Batman installment. Now his brother and frequent collaborator Jonah Nolan, and David Goyer who co-wrote Batman Begins and penned the story for The Dark Knight, are off scripting it.

2The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:10 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Can't hurt. And great news that Batman 3 is underway.

3The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:35 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

well...that does it for this pair of pants.

4The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:59 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Maybe Superman may actually fight a supervillian now.

5The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:05 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Isn't Lex Luthor one of the most well known supervillians in comics history?

The thing is, not many people know any Superman badguys besides him, outside of comic fans. So if you're looking for a Lex free Supes movie, I doubt you'll ever get one outside of those shit tastic 60 minute things they release straight to DVD.

6The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:08 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

then that's a real good reason to bring another Supes villain to the big screen.

maybe bring Parasite or Livewire to the big screen and give them some exposure.

or maybe Interpol(is that right? isn't that the name of the big crime gang in Superman:TAS?) could play a small part. i mean, there are some good Superman villains out there that could make for a decent villain.

and if not, im sure they could just conjure one up.

7The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:18 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I wouldn't mind seeing Supes beat the shit out of the BAND Interpol.

8The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:42 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Well lets be truthful, not many NONcomic fans knew who Raz Al Ghul was. Everyone knew the joker, the penguin, catwoman etc. And people knew them because of the wonderful movies of the 90s (again not talking comic book people but mostly the common folk) and Raz Al Guhl was introduced and made a perfect villain. So a well executed bad guy introduction could be done in a supes movie. Plus with Nolan doing something to the film that means this film should be held to a high standard. I am lovin this.... and oh goodness Batman 3..... oh I gotta go replenish myself

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

9The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:44 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Good point on Ras. Even Scarecrow isn't terribly well known.

10The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:03 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is smart cuz Nolan seems like the only guy WB has that knows what to do with DC superheroes. Well Green Lantern seems to be coming together nicely too at least.

11The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:06 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

well not many directors in general (both at WB and Fox/Marvel) know how to handle superheroes... for every good film there seems to be 3 or 4 films that have fallen short...

12The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:12 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is great news. Skipping past Superman Returns sequel and going right for the reboot. Oh, and Batman III...*salivates*

Like Az said, the dynamic of Parasite and Livewire would be excellent. I'd also be up for Metallo, which makes a lot of sense. No matter the villain, Lex is an integral part of Metropolis. I always disliked that he couldn't become President Luthor in Singer's sequel because of his criminal career.

13The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:27 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

azrael07 wrote:or maybe Interpol(is that right? isn't that the name of the big crime gang in Superman:TAS?)

Intergang. Wink And I believe they've been incorporated into mainstream DC continuity.

14The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:38 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Why not Brainiac? He's always a worth while foe for Supes and with the CGI tech where it's at these days they could do some bad ass stuff with the character.

I guess it depends on how far they're rebooting it though, a complete reboot means we see the origin story again which almost inevitably leads to Lex.

Who knows, guess we'll just have to wait and see where they take it at this point.

Batman 3 being mentioned though is some awesome news as well.

15The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:40 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm totally down for Interpol being the villain in the next Superman movie. big grin

16The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:45 pm

breatheasy

breatheasy
Cadet
Cadet

This is real good news. I hope. Hey Knize, do you think or hope that Brandon Routh should play the man of steel again or should a newcomer get a shot. Personally I don't blame Routh for the last movie, he is an actor in a movie bigger than the gods so I say give him another crack.

17The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:10 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

breatheasy wrote:This is real good news. I hope. Hey Knize, do you think or hope that Brandon Routh should play the man of steel again or should a newcomer get a shot. Personally I don't blame Routh for the last movie, he is an actor in a movie bigger than the gods so I say give him another crack.

I didn't hate him. And lord knows the guys needs the work. He probably bought 5 houses thinking he was going to be Superman well into his twilight years.

18The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:29 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I think we should try for someone else. Just to have a full, palette cleanse.

superdoug wrote:
azrael07 wrote:or maybe Interpol(is that right? isn't that the name of the big crime gang in Superman:TAS?)
Intergang. Wink And I believe they've been incorporated into mainstream DC continuity.
Long before DCAU. Or Superfriends for that matter. Heh.

Fresh03 wrote:Why not Brainiac? He's always a worth while foe for Supes and with the CGI tech where it's at these days they could do some bad ass stuff with the character.

I guess it depends on how far they're rebooting it though, a complete reboot means we see the origin story again which almost inevitably leads to Lex.
Lex is always going to be a part of Superman's stories, unless he's off-world. Brainiac does sound like a fantastic idea. Remembering the DCAU origin tweak for Supes was that Brainiac was the indirect cause of Krypton's destruction by not telling the people of the coming catastrophe. He goes from world to world, absorbing the knowledge of each planet, and destroys it so that no new information will be missed by having the last, log entry as "Brainiac destroyed it with primary cannon" or something.

19The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:40 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Thundermatts wrote:Isn't Lex Luthor one of the most well known supervillians in comics history?
True, but really, how many times can he possibly battle him? It's like having every Batman flick feature the Joker.

20The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:15 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Exactly. He's in the city somewhere, sure, but he doesn't have to pop up all the time. His obsession with Superman comes in burst. He's a businessman who has a lot to do half the time. Usually building up to a Superman-interference moment.

I demand a Brainiac for a movie.

21The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:33 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Nolan on Superman, while I think it’s awesome, could go either way. Just because Bryan Singer made two awesome X-Men movies didn’t mean his interpretation for Supes was received positively. I really hope this isn’t WB’s way of making Superman more dark and edgy and I hope Nolan has a good understanding of the character, even though he’ll only be overseeing the film and not directing it. Oh, and Batman 3..here’s hoping it works! Very Happy

22The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:45 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Lex is always going to be a part of Superman's stories, unless he's off-world. Brainiac does sound like a fantastic idea. Remembering the DCAU origin tweak for Supes was that Brainiac was the indirect cause of Krypton's destruction by not telling the people of the coming catastrophe. He goes from world to world, absorbing the knowledge of each planet, and destroys it so that no new information will be missed by having the last, log entry as "Brainiac destroyed it with primary cannon" or something.
That's what I was thinking! Very Happy

Maybe they could use Braniac like Ra's in 'Begins,' with Braniac being there at the beginning and cause Krypton's destruction, then show up at the end for the big climax, while Luthor (with maybe another supervillain) being the antagonist in the middle, like Scarecrow and the mob was.

Also, I'd like to see Luthor have origins in Smallville and have something of a friendship with Clark, which would be really interesting for later interactions.

Oh, and perhaps Braniac is actually controlling Krypton via their all-powerful computers or his influence or something, and General Zod realizes and rebels, which leads him to exile.

23The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:01 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think some people aren't understanding that Nolan isn't directing this. He may be handpicking the director though.

24The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:07 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Nolan may not be directing but he has a "godfather" role, which I took to mean he will be sort of like an executive producer. But Nolan does not make everything dark. He just chooses a realistic theme for many of his movies, and lets face it life is dark sometimes...
But yeah Nolan may be picking a director who can roll like he does.... Plus Superman could be a dark movie. Superman does not have to be dark but the world around him can be. if the world around him is falling apart it could be whats needed to bring Superman out into the world.... but the world needs a new superman movie.... bring it on

25The Man of Steel Empty Re: The Man of Steel Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:08 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Well, Superman Returns was kind of...not dark, but moody and dramatic a lot. As was Superman II.

Thundermatts wrote:I think some people aren't understanding that Nolan isn't directing this. He may be handpicking the director though.
That's exactly what he's doing. He's producing and actually producing by getting his hands dirty with the production. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum