Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good Potential Rivalries

+8
elijahdprophet
supervenom
BlueMaxx
alucardbarnivous
Chief Kamachi
The Ignored One
Administrator
jaydee74
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Good Potential Rivalries Empty Good Potential Rivalries Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:25 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was thinking about this once during a car ride. Imagine if Lex Luthor's main opponent was Batman instead of Superman. Think of the parallels they have. They are both rich. Both are the heads of a major corporation. Think of the throw-downs Lex could have with Batman. It would be pretty cool.

Even better than that? A Lex Luthor/Iron Man rivalry. Both are heads of corporations. Both are fairly smart. Both are rich. Both have very cool battle armor. This rivalry would be awesome.

So what about it? What hero/villain rivalry would you love to see? Any hero. Any villain.

2Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:49 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

That's why when Luthor faced both Superman and Batman (see the Superman/Batman: Public Enemies) they got better results than Superman ever got by himself.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

3Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:38 am

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Thor - Black Adam

This would be great. He would instantly be Thor's number #2 behind Loki. Somebody that could challenge Thor physically, and be just as unmoving as Goldilocks.

Superman - Red Skull

With all the cosmic elements that they use with the Skull(Cosmic Cube), and super science stuff, the Red Skull would probably supplant Luthor as Supes' #1 villain.

Midnighter - Deathstroke

I would give my left nut for this. It could be a 84 page giant with no captions, or word bubbles, just one long fight.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

4Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:58 pm

Chief Kamachi

Chief Kamachi
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Klingons-Predators

Klingons-Xenomorphs(from Aliens)

Jedi trained Vulcans-Sith trained Romulans

Batman-Rorschach

Joker-Rorschach

Batman-Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom-Ras al ghul

5Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:31 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:That's why when Luthor faced both Superman and Batman (see the Superman/Batman: Public Enemies) they got better results than Superman ever got by himself.

Didn't Lex and Bats go head-to-head during No Man's Land as well?

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

6Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:13 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Yeah, that happened.

i thought it was kinda anti-climactic.

7Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:13 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Yeah. Wasn't anti-climactic, just lackluster. It was Bruce Wayne, the billionaire businessman, that made Luthor, with his publicity stunt, go away.

The Ignored One wrote:Thor - Black Adam

This would be great. He would instantly be Thor's number #2 behind Loki. Somebody that could challenge Thor physically, and be just as unmoving as Goldilocks.

Midnighter - Deathstroke

I would give my left nut for this. It could be a 84 page giant with no captions, or word bubbles, just one long fight.
I love these.

Although, the Thor against Black Adam would lead some to believe in racial undertones due to Thor's Aryan-ness and Black Adam's irrational anger with his Persian-esque country Qurac. I'm surprised no one has called DC out on it yet. I think because it is a fake country that they can get away with it. Just like Doom and Latveria.

Oooo! Dr. Fate and Dr. Doom. Parallels in name, actions, status, and personas. Doom would definitely be seen as an Agent of Chaos in the Helm of Nabu's eyes. Plus, Doom is a man of machines who dabbles in magic, seeking power. Fate is a man of magic who dabbles in logic, seeking knowledge. Perfect counterparts.

8Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:26 am

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Here's a few more I would find interesting:

Batman - Mandarin

Daredevil - Black Mask

Iron fist - Lady Shiva

Ghost Rider - Brimstone

Spider man - Ragdoll

JSA - Masters of Evil

Wolverine - Kraven the Hunter

Green Lantern Corps- the Borg

9Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:04 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider-man=killer moth
batman=kingpin

10Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:24 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman and Green Goblin.

11Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:31 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Daredevil - Ra's Al Ghul
Imagine having the Hand vs the League of Assasins fighting it out?

Power Girl - Titania
I think this would be a great girl fight

Thor - Darkseid
Two powerhouses. I think this could be awesome.

12Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:31 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:Batman and Green Goblin.
I love that match-up. I don't know why but it seems like a no brainer to me.

13Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:44 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Hector Hammond vs MODOK

14Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:08 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

elijahdprophet wrote:Hector Hammond vs MODOK
Awesome!

Amanda Waller vs. Oprah. "I'll show you what powerful black woman actually means!!"

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

15Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:16 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kite man vs the gibbon "battle of the morts"

16Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:20 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Awesome thread.

How about Darkseid vs Silver Surfer?

17Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:26 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

prescribeddrone wrote:Awesome thread.

Darkseid vs Thanos would be to obvious, right?

18Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:54 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:
elijahdprophet wrote:Hector Hammond vs MODOK
Awesome!

Amanda Waller vs. Oprah. "I'll show you what powerful black woman actually means!!"
lmao
How about Amanda Waller vs Nick Fury in the battle of the sexes

prescribeddrone wrote:Awesome thread.

I like it.

19Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:21 pm

Chief Kamachi

Chief Kamachi
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Nova Corps. vs Green Lantern Corps.

President Luthor vs. Doctor Doom(Operation "Latvarian freedom" )
Laughing

Orion vs. Thor or Orion vs. Ares(Dog of war vs. God of war)

Darksied vs. Apocalypse

Thor vs. Captain Marvel

20Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:58 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Deadpool vs Joker - somehow, I think that could be entertaining.

21Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:43 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Deadpool vs Joker - somehow, I think that could be entertaining.

Yes.

Kang the Conqueror vs JLA?

22Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:59 am

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Deadpool vs The Goon

23Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:55 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Doctor Doom vs The Spectre!

24Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:26 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman vs Mysterio

25Good Potential Rivalries Empty Re: Good Potential Rivalries Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:05 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Deadpool vs Joker - somehow, I think that could be entertaining.

Yes.

Kang the Conqueror vs JLA?

Kang the Conqueror vs. Booster Gold (and the rest of his crew).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum