Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ewan McGregor continues to be awesome

+3
Batman25JM
Debaser77
Joshua
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ewan McGregor continues to be awesome Empty Ewan McGregor continues to be awesome Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:31 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ewan McGregor in an interview with George Stephanopoulis: http://www.towleroad.com/2010/02/watch-ewan-mcgregor-shuts-down-george-stephanopoulos-homophobic-reaction-to-his-kiss-with-jim-carrey.html

I love how he 1.) shuts down childish remarks and laughter to a picture of two men kissing and 2.) is smart enough not to comment on Roman Polanski's legal issues. It's refreshing to see an actor who doesn't feel it's his place to make political or legal commentary when it doesn't directly involve him.

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Good for him! Always thought he was a cool guy, and this just validates it.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I I love you him.

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If you've ever seen any of the motorbike documentaries he's done with Charlie Boorman I think he really comes across as a normal guy. I think so many people these days with that level of success and public life are far removed from reality. McGregor never seems that way to me.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Couldn't see the video, so I can't fully comment on the sitch. I'm thinking that McGregor's indirect defense was good, while it may have been a bit of jumping the gun. Like so many have done with over-sensitivity. Here's a straight man, playing a gay man, kissing another man (Jim Carrey, no less) in what seems like a satirical dramedy, and Stephanopoulos was just giggling at the silliness that must have went on. That's not anti-gay mentality, just practical.

He made a good call with the Polanski stuff. 'Course, there's no need to talk about such sick exploits of a director's past on Good Morning America. I mean, sheesh.

6Ewan McGregor continues to be awesome Empty Re: Ewan McGregor continues to be awesome Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:10 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Working with a fucking child rapist is the awesomest!

7Ewan McGregor continues to be awesome Empty Re: Ewan McGregor continues to be awesome Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:42 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ahaha! I know, right. You're commending someone staying mute on a subject that may make them look bad for just being in that guy's presence, let alone working for him. tongue

8Ewan McGregor continues to be awesome Empty Re: Ewan McGregor continues to be awesome Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:20 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

This thread deserves a PoP!ple's Choice Nomination just on title alone.

Thundermatts wrote:Working with a fucking child rapist is the awesomest!

And this, Line of the Year.

9Ewan McGregor continues to be awesome Empty Re: Ewan McGregor continues to be awesome Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's a good one to have no backround on. lol, just blurt it out at the next party you attend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum