Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

(500) days of summer

+6
Debaser77
rwe1138
Combo Mo
Fresh03
ChrisToPhenom
kidspider2099
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1(500) days of summer Empty (500) days of summer Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:52 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched it over the weekend and i thought it was excellent. Finally a romantic comedy that gets it right. The cast was great, the script was great, the director was great. I really enjoyed it.

2(500) days of summer Empty Re: (500) days of summer Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:54 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've yet to see these-Forgetting Sarah Marshall may be one of the few good ones and I'll pick this up on Blu-ray...I know it'll be worth it.

3(500) days of summer Empty Re: (500) days of summer Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:06 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Yeah, this was one of the best movies of 2009 easy, great acting, great story, and it's just plain different from anything else that's been done in the "Romantic Comdey" genre in a while.

I've yet to see these-Forgetting Sarah Marshall may be one of the few good ones and I'll pick this up on Blu-ray...I know it'll be worth it.

Comparing (500) Days of Summer to Forgetting Sarah Marshall is really like comparing apples and oranges, they both fall under the Romantic Comedy umbrella but they're really very very different types of films.

4(500) days of summer Empty Re: (500) days of summer Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:08 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:Yeah, this was one of the best movies of 2009 easy, great acting, great story, and it's just plain different from anything else that's been done in the "Romantic Comdey" genre in a while.

Comparing (500) Days of Summer to Forgetting Sarah Marshall is really like comparing apples and oranges, they both fall under the Romantic Comedy umbrella but they're really very very different types of films.
*lol* I didn't compare! I'm just saying it's one of the good ones, that's all. I think I'll pick up a copy tomorrow. It's good to have you all remind me of good cinemas.

5(500) days of summer Empty Re: (500) days of summer Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:25 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:I watched it over the weekend and i thought it was excellent. Finally a romantic comedy that gets it right. The cast was great, the script was great, the director was great. I really enjoyed it.

Exactly. Smile

6(500) days of summer Empty Re: (500) days of summer Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:25 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Loved it.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

7(500) days of summer Empty Re: (500) days of summer Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:37 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

EXCELLENT movie!

8(500) days of summer Empty Re: (500) days of summer Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:45 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:Yeah, this was one of the best movies of 2009 easy, great acting, great story, and it's just plain different from anything else that's been done in the "Romantic Comdey" genre in a while.

This sums up everything that I had wanted to say.

9(500) days of summer Empty Re: (500) days of summer Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:16 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ditto on all's opinions of 500 Days of Summer. That romantic comedy must be seen by at least the entire straight, male population.

Gonna watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall tonight, actually. Although my disdain for Russell Brand has increased drasitically since the movie came out due to his stand-ups, I'm still hoping for a good flick with the rest of the cast looking alright to me.

10(500) days of summer Empty Re: (500) days of summer Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:18 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Ditto on all's opinions of 500 Days of Summer. That romantic comedy must be seen by at least the entire straight, male population.

Gonna watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall tonight, actually. Although my disdain for Russell Brand has increased drasitically since the movie came out due to his stand-ups, I'm still hoping for a good flick with the rest of the cast looking alright to me.
Wow, I'll pick up a copy tonight!

11(500) days of summer Empty Re: (500) days of summer Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:48 am

Goose

Goose
Cadet
Cadet

kidspider2099 wrote:I watched it over the weekend and i thought it was excellent. Finally a romantic comedy that gets it right. The cast was great, the script was great, the director was great. I really enjoyed it.

I wouldn't actually call this movie a romantic comedy movie, it's more of just a romance movie to me. Also, I don't like how dismissive you are of the whole romance/romantic comedy genre. (500) Days Of Summer is a great example of the romance genre, but to say "Finally a romantic comedy that gets it right." in terms of originality and execution is a bit of an exaggeration. (500) Days Of Summer is equal parts Eternal Sunshine Of A Spotless Mind and Annie Hall. Both movies I highly recommend.

Fixed.

Last edited by Goose on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

12(500) days of summer Empty Re: (500) days of summer Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:49 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Goose wrote:
I wouldn't actually call this movie a romantic comedy. (500) Days Of Summer is a great example of the genre.
huh

Huh.

13(500) days of summer Empty Re: (500) days of summer Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:59 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Goose wrote:

I wouldn't actually call this movie a romantic comedy movie, it's more of just a romance movie to me. Also, I don't like how dismissive you are of the whole romance/romantic comedy genre. (500) Days Of Summer is a great example of the romance genre, but to say "Finally a romantic comedy that gets it right." in terms of originality and execution is a bit of an exaggeration. (500) Days Of Summer is equal parts Eternal Sunshine Of A Spotless Mind and Annie Hall. Both movies I highly recommend.

Fixed.

Huh? I am not dismissive of romantic comedies. I enjoy romantic comedies but the same time most of them use the same formula. Boy meets girl, Boy pursues girl, Boy gets girl, conflict arises between boy and girl, somehow boy fixes whole conflict, Boy and girl wind up together live happily ever after. (500) days of summer breaks away from that formula hence my comment a romantic comedy that gets right. Its nice a to see a romantic comedy where the guy doesn't wind up the girl he'going after.

14(500) days of summer Empty Re: (500) days of summer Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:03 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Well said.

And it is a rom-com. There's romance between characters as a prominent part of the theme, that is then laced together with...humor.

Eternal Sunshine is drastically different with story and point. It's more based on taking the bad with the good, and that you just have to deal with it if you're truly looking to be happy and in love with someone.

15(500) days of summer Empty Re: (500) days of summer Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:56 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

When i think Romantic movies i tend to think period movies.

16(500) days of summer Empty Re: (500) days of summer Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:59 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I just think an evenly dramatic theme on romance. Like Love Actually or Before Sunrise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum