Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mortal Kombat IX

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mortal Kombat IX Empty Mortal Kombat IX Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:30 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mortal Kombat IX is the working title of an upcoming fighting game in the Mortal Kombat series. Creator, Ed Boon confirmed in his Twitter page that they were performing motion capture for the game and that they were aiming for a "Mature" rating including maybe "going too far" crossing the limit to "Adults Only" rating. Even though no superheroes or villains from comics will not be in it, he believed Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe's performance would reflect upon what features what would be put in Mortal Kombat IX.

Now, as some of you know Mortal Kombat: Armageddon was the last game for the sixth generation game consoles PlayStation 2, Xbox and Gamecube. I read last year in one of my Game Informer issues that after that, the game will have new characters...which I believe isn't entirely true. I'm sure handful of memorable character will be making a return like Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

Mortal Kombat IX will be released around Christmas of 2010.

2Mortal Kombat IX Empty Re: Mortal Kombat IX Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:47 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Woot. I didn't care for the Kiddie friendly MK game. This will be a must buy for the wife and I.

3Mortal Kombat IX Empty Re: Mortal Kombat IX Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:50 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As long as they stay away from the build a fatality and bring back the blood, I'm in.

4Mortal Kombat IX Empty Re: Mortal Kombat IX Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:28 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd say Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe was a huge treat-at least for me. I mean Batman squaring off against Scorpion? Win. I glad I have the Kollector's Edition.

5Mortal Kombat IX Empty Re: Mortal Kombat IX Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:18 am

Kainless

Kainless
Cadet
Cadet

I am probably the biggest mk geek on this site...so to say That I am looking forward to this game..is a big big big understatement... and yes I loved MK VS DC..it was cool!

6Mortal Kombat IX Empty Re: Mortal Kombat IX Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:56 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ yes I'd still be up for a MK vs. DCU II anytime.

potatojoe wrote:As long as they stay away from the build a fatality and bring back the blood, I'm in.
See, that's why I just couldn't get into Armageddon. It's roster was fantastic, but the moves were limited and everyone pretty much felt the same. Heck, even the mini games sucked compared to Deception.

But yeah, I thought MK vs. DCU was an exception to Armageddon being the last one, but I'll definitely keep my eyes and ears open for more info. Online is apparently the goal for this one. Hrm, not sure how I feel about that one.

7Mortal Kombat IX Empty Re: Mortal Kombat IX Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:31 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"...Raiden is about to be killed by Shao Kahn, and just before he delivers the last blow, he [Raiden] sends a mental message to his earlier self, so the camera rewinds back to Mortal Kombat 1. The Raiden from back then gets a message and he doesn't know what's going on, but he knows something bad's going to happen, and the game spans Mortal Kombat 1, 2, and 3, retelling the story with an enlightened Raiden, and he's changing the course of things, so everything you've seen happen before – Liu Kang winning, the guys turning into cybernetic ninjas, are changed around, so you might see a character become cybernetic who wasn't before, and so you see a different version [of events]." - Ed Boon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum