Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Lion King 4...Straight to Video?

+5
TENIME_art
BlueMaxx
krpykrwly
Joshua
ChrisToPhenom
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Empty The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:35 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

News-

The Lion King 4: The Tale of Two Brothers is an upcoming straight to DVD American animated film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios. It is the third sequel to The Lion King series. The producers of the film say it's about how Mufasa and Taka (Which is Scar's real birth name) grew up in the Pridelands, ruled over by the mighty king Ahadi and his queen, Uru. It is set to be released between 2010 or 2012.

I'm a bit upset after The Lion King 1½ was straight to video- a real sequel we've been waiting for like Toy Story 3 after 6 (or 12), this is the outcome. I'll still watch it but damn-I was looking for a theater release.

The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? 513XPKVCT2L._SL500_AA300_

2The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Empty Re: The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:38 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow, that cover art is AWFUL.

3The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Empty Re: The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:41 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Wow, that cover art is AWFUL.
Oh, that's the childrens book on Amazon-I haven't read it but I'm thinking it's based off it.

4The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Empty Re: The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:43 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought I read that Lasseter was putting away all this straight-to DVD shit following the Tinkerbell stuff...?

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

5The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Empty Re: The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:59 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There was a third one? And wouldn't that technically be the fourth? There was a 1 and a half or something.

6The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Empty Re: The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:03 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:There was a third one? And wouldn't that technically be the fourth? There was a 1 and a half or something.
The Lion King 1½ is The Lion King 3-for some reason.

7The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Empty Re: The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:08 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lion King 1½ happens simultaneously with Lion King.
Lion King 2 is a sequel.
If this is about Mufasa & pre-scar Scar, then this is a prequel.

8The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Empty Re: The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:20 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

wow I thought there was only 2 lion king movies.... and I only saw one.... wow

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

9The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Empty Re: The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:27 am

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

I love Lion King but damn
were really having a serious conversation about this

10The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Empty Re: The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:30 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

*blam*

brains all over the wall

Seriously though I can't be the only one that finds straight to dvd prequels and sequels blasphemous surely?

11The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Empty Re: The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:07 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

I[list=1][*][code][center]

12The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Empty Re: The Lion King 4...Straight to Video? Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:13 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

I wont watch any of those straight to video Disney releases. All shit or they would have a theater release. I remember someone that bought a part of Disney said their first order of business was to do away with straight to video sequels at disney. Found an article from a few yrs ago saying Disney is done with their STV practices...I guess they changed their minds lol.

http://www.awn.com/articles/disney-dtv-sequels-end-line

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum