Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hangover 2

+2
Batman25JM
ChrisToPhenom
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Hangover 2 Empty The Hangover 2 Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:47 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

News-

Warner Bros. committed to a sequel even before the film went on general release. Variety later reported in July 2009, that production on The Hangover 2 will begin in October 2010, for a Memorial Day weekend 2011 release, following the same production schedule used for the first film.

Director Todd Philips dismissed rumors that Zac Efron would star in The Hangover 2. Justin Bartha said he'd welcome Efron “If it gets people in the seats," adding that he would also welcome the whole male cast of Twilight and Will Smith, too. Actor Ed Helms admits Efron would be a welcome addition to the cast, commenting, "I love that guy. He's actually really funny." Efron himself says he has not been contacted about the role but that he would welcome the chance to work with the cast.

They also talked about meeting expectations and rumor control. Read on for a quote from the 40 year old filmmaker when asked about Warner Bros. expectations for the sequel and what the goal of the film is:

I think to a certain extent, I mean not certainly like whatever you want to do as far as spending money, but at a certain extent they believe that we brought them The Hangover. We delivered what we said we would deliver, so I think they know I’m not looking to fuck up the Hangover 2,
I want to make it funny, too. You know what I mean? I think basically my point is we’re all trying to do the same thing. Make a real funny movie that works, so I think that they trust that certainly with that title I can do that.

One quick follow-up, how do you feel though getting back with those characters in the universe after such crazy success? I mean that has to…is there any pressure on you for that one?

I mean again, I think it’s all good pressure. I think that the movie did so well and quite honestly the movie did so much repeat business that, I don’t know how aware you guys are of that, but they have their little formulas and the DVD’s and all those things, that people love those characters. In other words, sometimes movies do well but it’s just this huge flood of people go see them and then you know…this movie just kept going because people kept going back. That tells me that they love those characters and that tells me, not that the movie’s going to financially do better, but just that there’s love out there for these four guys. We can now put them through a whole new set of paces and people will want to see it. So for me, it’s really exciting. As big as The Hangover was, it again alleviates the pressure for Hangover 2 in a weird way but maybe I’m just looking at it wrong.

So they’re like the Sex and the City, the guys are like the male equivalent of Sex and the City?

You know I’m not even going to answer that because I have learned if I say “yeah, that’s a good point” then it comes and then “oh he equates him to Sex and the City like there’s a way I’ve just learned. So my new thing is just…Oh yeah, just look away. I don’t know. There’s a lot of rumors. There was rumor also that it was going to Mexico or something and neither are true.

When are you starting to film Hangover 2?

November.

Really?

The 1st. That’s what we’re trying, but you know a lot of it has to do with Ed Helm’s Office schedule and Bradley Cooper’s other movies. Right now our goal is to start shooting November 1st.

Last edited by ChrisToPhenom on Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

2The Hangover 2 Empty Re: The Hangover 2 Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:48 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't wait for Hangover 2. The Hangover is hands down my favorite comedy of all time.

3The Hangover 2 Empty Re: The Hangover 2 Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:59 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hurray! ...wait. Where will it...I don't think there is...

Eh, Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay had a good few laughs. (Even though I was convinced it would've been better if it was set in Amsterdam, or led to the next film being there.)

I hope for the best, is all I'll say.

4The Hangover 2 Empty Re: The Hangover 2 Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

I don't think the movie really needs a sequel, and I'm not too sure how it'll work out, so I'll wait for the trailer before I decide.

5The Hangover 2 Empty Re: The Hangover 2 Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:00 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I enjoyed the first one, but it hardly lends itself to a sequel. Of course, it's rare that I think any movie not already based on existing material needs a sequel.

6The Hangover 2 Empty Re: The Hangover 2 Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:19 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I personally would like to not see this be an actual sequel (even though they'll still call it The Hangover 2) and instead a prequel. How about showing the whole story of what happened at the party and outside it?

7The Hangover 2 Empty Re: The Hangover 2 Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:11 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:How about showing the whole story of what happened at the party and outside it?
The first movie showed that during the credits.

8The Hangover 2 Empty Re: The Hangover 2 Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:40 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not sure how a sequel would work on something like this.

9The Hangover 2 Empty Re: The Hangover 2 Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:12 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote:How about showing the whole story of what happened at the party and outside it?
The first movie showed that during the credits.
Uh, yeah, but that was photo-I want to see how they stole Mike Tyson's tiger! This party and drunk-walking can have a lot of material.

10The Hangover 2 Empty Re: The Hangover 2 Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:I want to see how they stole Mike Tyson's tiger! This party and drunk-walking can have a lot of material.
They showed that on the surveillance camera. They pretty much just walked out with it.

11The Hangover 2 Empty Re: The Hangover 2 Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:45 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote:I want to see how they stole Mike Tyson's tiger! This party and drunk-walking can have a lot of material.
They showed that on the surveillance camera. They pretty much just walked out with it.
Ah, well... They'll have to pull some major sh-t. I mean, another hangover? It better as funny as f-ck.

12The Hangover 2 Empty Re: The Hangover 2 Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:21 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think a sequel would work fine. Just have them go back to Vegas for another party, and have Alan drug them again because he wants them to have fun, and because he thought that the last time was a bonding experience. Then have new stuff happen.

I don't care if the setup is the same. I just want to see more with these characters. They were funny, and worked well together.

I really don't think any movie "deserves" or "needs" a sequel, but they can be fun.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]