Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The World's End

+2
Joshua
ChrisToPhenom
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The World's End Empty The World's End Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:01 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

2010? - CTP unsure

News-

When asked, in 2008, if the film would have a science-fiction and doomsday theme, Pegg and Wright said it was "kind of going in that direction".

This film completes what the writers refer to as the Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy, consisting of Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and The World's End. It is named as such because each previous film featured Cornettos and considerable amounts of gore.

2The World's End Empty Re: The World's End Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:15 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:2010?
Not a chance.

3The World's End Empty Re: The World's End Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:16 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote:2010?
Not a chance.
Yeah, I know-IMDb and their estimating. *lol*

4The World's End Empty Re: The World's End Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:29 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I think Paul is coming out first, so this one is jumping the gun.

Can't remember, but isn't this one, The World's End, loosely based off a short film that Pegg did?

5The World's End Empty Re: The World's End Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:40 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Yeah, I think Paul is coming out first, so this one is jumping the gun.

Can't remember, but isn't this one, The World's End, loosely based off a short film that Pegg did?

Hm...I don't know but wouldn't be surprised if it was.

6The World's End Empty Re: The World's End Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Those two are good but British comedies in general are not that funny. I can easily sit through them stone-faced. The humor seems almost too low-brow for me at times. don't know

7The World's End Empty Re: The World's End Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:55 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ British comedies are a required taste, but I love Pegg's stuff.

I'm gonna guess 2012'll be the release. Just so they can be more clever.

"Wright wouldn't give up much on what genre it would be, but admitted it might be a doomsday sci-fi piece. "It's kind of going in that direction." Sci-fi does seem to be an appropriate choice for the mint chocolate chip Cornetto that is supposed to appear. (The Cornetto theme is a tribute to Krzysztof Kieslowski and his Three Colors series, and a different flavor has appeared in Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz."
Source: http://www.cinematical.com/2008/04/03/edgar-wright-and-simon-pegg-going-to-the-worlds-end/

Didn't know that that is where they got the idea for the trilogy.

8The World's End Empty Re: The World's End Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:00 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ British comedies are a required taste, but I love Pegg's stuff.

Indeed, Pegg's stuff is generally funnier than the average British comedy.

9The World's End Empty Re: The World's End Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:02 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:^ British comedies are a required taste, but I love Pegg's stuff.

Indeed, Pegg's stuff is generally funnier than the average British comedy.
Hm...that's what I'm thinking. Simon Pegg is cool-I need to see Spaced.

10The World's End Empty Re: The World's End Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:06 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Like, I laughed my ass off at Monty Python and the Holy Grail, but Flying Circus doesn't make me laugh at all, and the other films...just couldn't start them they were so unfunny.

11The World's End Empty Re: The World's End Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:50 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Yeah, I think Paul is coming out first, so this one is jumping the gun.

I don't think so it is the title that Edgar gave it to the 3rd movie that Pegg, Wright and Frost have done.

I would guess its release maybe in even 2013.

12The World's End Empty Re: The World's End Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:58 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

BlueMaxx wrote:Like, I laughed my ass off at Monty Python and the Holy Grail, but Flying Circus doesn't make me laugh at all, and the other films...just couldn't start them they were so unfunny.

You should give Life of Brian another try. It's actually a pretty smart religious satire. Meaning of Life has its moments, but it's definitely their most inconsistent film.

Can't wait for The World's End, btw. Wright, Pegg, and Frost can do no wrong in my book.

13The World's End Empty Re: The World's End Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:23 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loves me some Life of Brian. While Holy Grail is more consistently funny throughout the course of the movie, when Life of Brian is funny, it's really funny. Though I'm a big fan of Flying Circus and the aforementioned movies, I've never had an interest in Meaning of Life.

14The World's End Empty Re: The World's End Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:56 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I might give Life of Brian another chance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum