Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need help with my pull list.

+7
Fresh03
comicgeekelly
The Ignored One
Heytherejeffro
superdoug
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Tom
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Need help with my pull list. Empty Need help with my pull list. Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:01 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

As some of you know, my monthly "comic fund" is rather limited.
I'm able to get 5 comics a month and with Blackest Night ending, I'm need to revamp my monthly pull list.
Books like Amazing Spider-man, X-Men, Wolverine are out due to damn amount of related titles they put out monthly. Mad

Here is my current list:

Green Lantern
GL Corps (Considering dropping this one)
Sweet Tooth
Chew
The Walking Dead (trades only)

What would you add/cancel and why?

2Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:47 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well there is going to be a third GL book coming out. So you may want to check that out. If anything that isn't on here that could make an apearance is Cowboy Ninja Viking. The book is too awesome to pass up really. I like it more than Chew. Or you could use one of those slots to rotate stuff through and find something new you like.

3Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:33 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You don't want to skip out on Brightest Day, which will examine what's changed in the DC Universe and why only certain people were brought back.

4Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kick Chew, buy the trades. You'll save about 15-20% in the long run.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

5Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:32 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:Well there is going to be a third GL book coming out. So you may want to check that out. If anything that isn't on here that could make an apearance is Cowboy Ninja Viking. The book is too awesome to pass up really. I like it more than Chew. Or you could use one of those slots to rotate stuff through and find something new you like.

I'm considering dropping GL Corps cause of the 3rd title. Figured I'll just stick with the main one for now, at least until my $ situation gets better. Now CNV sounds freakin awesome. I'll have to pick up an issue and see what's up with that. Thanks for the heads up.

superdoug wrote:You don't want to skip out on Brightest Day, which will examine what's changed in the DC Universe and why only certain people were brought back.
I'm considering this as well cause it will focus on multiple characters, unlike Amazing Spider-Man.

Heytherejeffro wrote:Kick Chew, buy the trades. You'll save about 15-20% in the long run.
I can't do that. I love that title too much. Probably my favorite as of right now. By the way... what the heck are you doing in that avatar?

6Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:06 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Smashing a bear of honey with a baseball bat.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

7Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:21 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

He was actaully reminding me of the travesty that was josh becket's opening day. :P That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the Red Sox hat.

Yeah CNV is awesome. The first story arc is winding up next issue. You may want to wait for the trade. i don't know if they are doing one though because of its golden age issue size. I hope they do. I rank it in the top 5 books out right now easy. Fresh and I usually talk about it on the indie boards every month.

8Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:26 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Secret Six needs to be on everyone's list.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

9Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:15 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Ignored One wrote:Secret Six needs to be on everyone's list.

It's a good book, but I'm still not conviced that it does. I like it and all, but in my opinion it is hugely overrated.

10Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:20 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

comicgeekelly wrote:
The Ignored One wrote:Secret Six needs to be on everyone's list.

It's a good book, but I'm still not conviced that it does. I like it and all, but in my opinion it is hugely overrated.

Need help with my pull list. Blasphemy.thumbnail

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

11Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:27 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really feel like I'm missing something about Secret Six. So many people talk about how amazing it is and I guess I just don't see what everybody else does.

12Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:45 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's okay, I don't see it either.

13Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:11 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Now CNV sounds freakin awesome. I'll have to pick up an issue and see what's up with that.

CNV is right up there as my favorite book to come out each month, it's only 4 issues old and already it's kicked so much ass, seriously check it out, you won't be sorry.

I really feel like I'm missing something about Secret Six. So many people talk about how amazing it is and I guess I just don't see what everybody else does.

I love Secret Six but it's got it's consistency issues, when it's on it's frickin incredible and when it's off it's just a good read. I know I can always count on Ragdoll for a laugh or two every issue though.

14Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:36 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Birds of Prey, Zatanna, and Flash are starting back up next month and in May. Gail on Birds of Prey, Dini on Zatanna, and, of course, Geoff Johns on The Flash--just chemistry, my dear Watson.

Those are worth looking at. Joe the Barbarian just started, and I think you may dig that, whether you're a Morrison fan or not. It just reads so well.

I'd suggest Secret Six, JSA, and Booster Gold, but not sure if you're into those type of books. I really enjoy them. For others they seem to be hit or miss. (Well, Secret Six is still getting rave reviews across most the board, but I digress.)

15Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:38 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ooo, and I, Zombie starts this May.
Synopsis: http://www.dccomics.com/vertigo/comics/?cm=14813

16Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:07 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:You don't want to skip out on Brightest Day, which will examine what's changed in the DC Universe and why only certain people were brought back.
Just one thing with Brightest Day, considering your budget issues, it comes out twice a month so is the equivalent of 2 books a month.

Personally, I think Secret Six is better than a lot of stuff out there I see other people raving about so it's all in the eye of the beholder.

17Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:24 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I got a couple of back issues of Secret Six and I didn't think they were that great, good, but not as good as everyone else says.

18Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:59 am

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Ooo, and I, Zombie starts this May.
Synopsis: http://www.dccomics.com/vertigo/comics/?cm=14813

The fact that she eats a person's brain and then keeps his/her thoughts reminds me of Chew. But I'll check it out, especially since it's only $1.

19Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:03 am

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:I got a couple of back issues of Secret Six and I didn't think they were that great, good, but not as good as everyone else says.

Read the wikipedia entry on Secret Six. Sounds kinds meh to me, but that's probably cause I'm still so new to the DC Universe. The only character I know of is Bane. I'll check out an issue or 2 next time I'm @ the LCS though.

20Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:07 am

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Birds of Prey, Zatanna, and Flash are starting back up next month and in May. Gail on Birds of Prey, Dini on Zatanna, and, of course, Geoff Johns on The Flash--just chemistry, my dear Watson.

Those are worth looking at. Joe the Barbarian just started, and I think you may dig that, whether you're a Morrison fan or not. It just reads so well.

I'd suggest Secret Six, JSA, and Booster Gold, but not sure if you're into those type of books. I really enjoy them. For others they seem to be hit or miss. (Well, Secret Six is still getting rave reviews across most the board, but I digress.)

I was considering The Flash and will probably check out the first issue @ least. Never really heard of the other title. Morrison is writing Batman & Robin, correct? I was leaning towards that title again, especially since Tan is no longer the artist. Good gracious, I hated his artwork.

21Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:46 am

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

I picked up a few new titles this weekend since I had some extra $.

Flash #1
Blackest Night #0
Cowboy Ninja Viking #5

Hopefully I'll be able to read them soon and I'll have see if I tweak my pull list.

Also, thanks for all of your input. It has helped. Smile

22Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:48 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know if you're still looking for suggestions, but I HIGHLY recommend Daredevil. It just freakin' rocks. Also, Secret Warriors is amazing.

I'd also recommend both Batgirl and Red Robin. I'm biased since I love the characters (especially Tim Drake), so I think that plays into my love for the books, but they are both still really good. Also, the books give you a Bat-family book (if you like the Bat-Family) without having to read any of the other books. Both RR and BG are pretty self contained.

23Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:23 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man is also great.

24Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:58 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

cool

I was contemplating Ultimate Spidey, since he is one of my favorite characters, and the "Amazing" title tri-monthly release schedule is a no go for me.
Out of all the "Bat" books, I may go back to Batman & Robin, but I haven't decided yet. I'll scan through all those titles that you suggested though next time I'm in the LCS.

Thanks for the suggestions.

25Need help with my pull list. Empty Re: Need help with my pull list. Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:23 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^No problemo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum