Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

What if? Restricted pull list.

+10
Tom
shining knight
BlueMaxx
Batman25JM
Administrator
NorrinRadd
prescribeddrone
THALASTDRAGON
Fresh03
hrdwrkngXsoldier
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty What if? Restricted pull list. Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:59 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Helping Tom out on his thread mixing up his pull-list with such limitations just got me to thinking. I read a lot of books every month. I read double what I normally would because my good buddy Fresh03 usually gets the books that I don't and we get to share. I know not everybody is that lucky and the lowest my pull list has been in 2 years is probably about $50 a month.

What if my comic budget was slashed majorly and I didn't have a best bud that read comics as well what would I read? I have given it a lot of thought and basically put the question like so.

What if my monthly budget for comics was only $20 a month and I had no frieds to trade books with?

Examing it this way makes it difficult. There are $3 books and there are $4 and $5 single issues out there. In trying to figure this out I pretty much eliminate most trade paperbacks right off the bat. So this would be my priority list.

Wolverine Weopon X $3
X-Factor $3
X-Force $3
Cowboy Ninja Viking $4
One rotating indi title to check it out. $4
And I will tuck away the rest to save up for a trade every couple months.

2What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:05 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

It's tough to choose, I know there's a few that there's no way I'll ever drop unless the current writer leaves, but having to choose after that, ugghhhh...

Green Lantern $3
Incredible Herc/Amadeus Cho:Prince of Power $3
Cowboy Ninja Viking $4
Deadpool $3
X Factor $3

If Guardians of the Galaxy makes it back off of hiatus I'd put that on the list as well.

3What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:03 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

im never gettin rid of my two x-titles, i almost put spidey on there but then im like wait it drops 3x a month, that $9

uncanny x-men $3
x-men legacy $3
daredevil $3
green lantern $3
witchblade $3
invincible $3

im not gon lie, i was kinda strugglin wit this lol

4What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:01 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

20 bucks? Why not 25 or 30? I'd hate to be limited to 20 bucks. At least 25 or 30 would be better. But in my mind, if worst comes to worst I'd be pretty happy with 30-40 bucks a month. I think I'd be content with 10-12 books a month realistically. If we count ASM as 1 book, then yes 10-12 books would be just fine for me.

I pay 15% less for each book! Instead of 2.99, I pay $2.55 and 3.40 for 3.99 books. Going with that-

Batman & Robin
Batman
Green Lantern
Deadpool
Deadpool Corps
New Avengers
Avengers

That comes to 19.55

When that time comes, I would just download the other comics illegally Very Happy

5What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:38 pm

NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd
Cadet
Cadet

My "for sure" list would include...

Batman
Green Lantern
Captain America
Thor
Batman and Robin
Fantastic Four

6What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:04 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

A year ago I went back to buying comics, strictly trades and GNs. Currently I buy 4-6 books a month, totaling 60-100$ a month. If I had to go on a 20$ budget:

S.H.I.E.L.D.(3.99$)*
A TPB/GN with what's left

* I've considered buying it, but eventually decided to keep my plan with monthly comic books: Download it.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

7What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:34 am

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

prescribeddrone wrote:20 bucks? Why not 25 or 30? I'd hate to be limited to 20 bucks. At least 25 or 30 would be better. But in my mind, if worst comes to worst I'd be pretty happy with 30-40 bucks a month. I think I'd be content with 10-12 books a month realistically. If we count ASM as 1 book, then yes 10-12 books would be just fine for me.

I pay 15% less for each book! Instead of 2.99, I pay $2.55 and 3.40 for 3.99 books. Going with that-

Batman & Robin
Batman
Green Lantern
Deadpool
Deadpool Corps
New Avengers
Avengers

That comes to 19.55

When that time comes, I would just download the other comics illegally Very Happy

lol, i remember several years ago sometime before ultimate x-men hit its halway point, i was able to download issues off kazaa or limewire, i cant remember which. and i cant remember what other titles if any i downloaded as well.

and i can actually squeeze in a 7th book since i dont pay tha full 2.99 per ish.

8What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:31 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Damn it this is hard. I get a 20% discount, so that'd help.

I guess I'd go with...

Green Lantern
Red Robin
Batgirl
The Flash
Daredevil
Captain America
Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man

I'd save what was left up to get trades.

9What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:46 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is fun, but hard. Currently...

$2.99
Gotham City Sirens
JSA
Secret Six
Joe the Barbarian
Invincible

$3.99
Flash

I'm 8 cents over, but I think I could scratch that out of my pocket, budget or no. Flash may go down a dollar after the first ish, which'll solve that.

This was an odd-list for me. Although it isn't only that it's the current things I'm getting, it's that they stretch across the stories I like in the universe. Next month for DC may change that, with Zatanna, Birds of Prey and some others coming out. Plus, I'm also considering ones I wouldn't mind waiting on. Back-issuing is always an option for me. Very Happy

10What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:17 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Pshhh

I know we'd sacrifice food to make it 30 bucks a month, right? Laughing

11What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:10 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Oh, of course! tongue

12What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:16 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's why they have cheap ghetto soda Laughing

And 5 cents back.. ftw Very Happy

60 cans for a 3 dollar book! Not that healthy... but might as well take advantage.

13What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:09 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If my pull list was restricted it would probably end up like this

Fables

jack of fables

Unwritten

2000ad

secret six

that's probably it

14What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:48 am

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Damn it this is hard. I get a 20% discount, so that'd help.

I get a 20% discount as well, so that does help. Basically getting 1 book for free every month. cool

15What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

I keep seeing good stuff about Fables.

Should I just start with the 1st trade?

16What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Thu May 06, 2010 8:58 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My list would include:

Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
Green Lantern: Emerald Warrior
Batman & Robin
Birds of Prey
Tiny Titans

17What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Thu May 06, 2010 9:02 am

Lord PaulVincent

Lord PaulVincent
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Damn, why are comics so expensive? I either wait for trades or buy used, cheap comics. I don't really follow many current storylines anyway.

http://www.therobotspajamas.com

18What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Thu May 06, 2010 12:51 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I cant even play this came. it hurts to bad

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

19What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Thu May 06, 2010 8:04 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lord PaulVincent wrote:Damn, why are comics so expensive? I either wait for trades or buy used, cheap comics. I don't really follow many current storylines anyway.

Midtown Comics has a quarter bin that I dive into every now and again. Also, conventions are a good place to get deals on more recent comics. I just hate the pricing point of today's comics.

20What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Thu May 06, 2010 9:30 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Ok here's my go:

TF ongoing
Chew
Secret Six
Batman and Robin

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

21What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Fri May 07, 2010 11:18 am

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

With Jim Shooter's return to comics with Dark Horse, I'm going to have seriously considering Doctor Solar.
I used to LOVE the old Valiant books.
So many damn choices, which I guess is not a bad thing.

22What if?  Restricted pull list. Empty Re: What if? Restricted pull list. Wed May 12, 2010 2:28 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Damn it this is hard. I get a 20% discount, so that'd help.

I guess I'd go with...

Green Lantern
Red Robin
Batgirl
The Flash
Daredevil
Captain America
Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man

I'd save what was left up to get trades.

Thanks to Kerouac I've fallen in love with IDW's Transformers. So, to put it on my restricted pull I'd have to drop one of the above books. It's easier said than done, but I guess I'd drop The Flash. I love Johns, and I love the character, but TF is just so damn good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum