Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Comments Section

+5
colossus1979
Combo Mo
Fresh03
Administrator
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Comments Section Empty The Comments Section Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:35 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, I saw this article:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100416/ap_on_bi_ge/us_obama_hospital_patients#mwpphu-container

I thought "how nice, it's about time, should have happened sooner." I normally don't look at the comments in the yahoo section (they tend to make me shake my head), but thought today would be different. I was wrong. At least there seemed less of the comments that make me shake my head. Then again, I only read three pages in.

That said, which website has a comments section that makes you feel like shaking your head or tossing your computer?

2The Comments Section Empty Re: The Comments Section Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:07 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Every general news outlet on the Internet. 4Chan.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

3The Comments Section Empty Re: The Comments Section Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:21 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Every general news outlet on the Internet

^^ This right here. I stopped looking at comments on any news site years ago, every once in a while I'll get curious about what others think about a story and it usually only takes one or two comments for me to realize my mistake.

The worst of the worst is frikin' Youtube though, that place is terrible. Go post a sensible comment and see how long it takes for someone to either flame the shit out of you or call you a fa-.

4The Comments Section Empty Re: The Comments Section Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ My thoughts exactly. I swear it gets worse everyday.

5The Comments Section Empty Re: The Comments Section Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:00 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

it's the "typing tough guy" syndrome. the internet makes us all practically faceless in some places, so why not make fun of fat girls or retarded kids, or crippled people, or you tube videos. being in your mom's basement with no way for any person you attack to retaliate except typing back, to which all you'd REALLY have to do is just not go back to the site or log out or whatever; makes you as invulnerable as superman. and who cares if you sound ignorant as hell you made a snappy comeback that got a chuckle out of you all alone eating hot pockets! i swear until i had that incident in september i almost thought actual physical confrontations were as extinct as the do-do. i mean who needs to fight with fists when drive by's or internet flaming are so much cooler?

6The Comments Section Empty Re: The Comments Section Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:28 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Didn't Obama already state that he was going to do this very thing during the campaign. It's just human decency, something the President will of course enforce.

As for comments on certain sites, it seems like ignorance is always the loudest, but that could only be because the hate-filled have nothing else.

Like Colossus said about the tough-guy syndrome when it comes to commenting on the internet, I've read where a young, teen girl died in a car wreck and hecklers trashed her memoriam page on Facebook relentlessly. Then someone had the gull of finding police photos of her not-intact body and sending them to all her family members. The girl wasn't Hitler, she just died. Nothing more. The world we live in is filled with sadistic cowards, and it does feel like it is getting worse.

7The Comments Section Empty Re: The Comments Section Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:06 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Interesting article about racism and homophobia in gaming: http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/racism-and-homophobia-in-gaming-hate-speech-corrodes-online-video-game-experiences/1396765

8The Comments Section Empty Re: The Comments Section Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:00 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

every comments section has me wondering where we went wrong in life. i like to read the local paper online (cincinnati.com) and recently they have stopped allowing comments on stories involving low income people, murders/deaths, rich people, anything that can be construed as race or racist(ie. black on black crime, trailer catching fire, police arrests), and some political stuff.

A kid from my high school died while in Fla for spring break (Matt James the ND recruit) well some groups of people joined the fan page of Matt James on Facebook (the page was a memorial page) and started posting pics with comments calling him a rapist and sayin that sort of stuff....

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

9The Comments Section Empty Re: The Comments Section Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:25 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Recently got in a comments arguement over youtube. Essentially I was just pointing out the flaws in the BNP and his existence but alas I realised I was wasting my time.

Thanks for posting the link btw, Obama justs gets more awesome with each passing day Smile

10The Comments Section Empty Re: The Comments Section Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:39 am

Cliff

Cliff
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I'm a ghosthead. Meaning, a MASSIVE fan of "Ghostbusters." I chat with a few good folk in the GB community, mostly remnants from the Old Days, when Troy "NetSolo" Benjamin's GBHQ ruled the roost. Since Troy closed the doors of the old HQ, AJ Quick (mod on GBHQ, former admin of GBprops.com) opened up GBFans.com, your one-stop site for GB message board. Back when it first opened, it was ok, but not long after, a new crop of fans joined...the new generation of babies addicted to twitter, myspace and 4chan, who bitch about every little detail of any new GB product. The Old Guard (the core of GBHQ and myself) have dubbed these fans "Pantleggers," after they bitched about the new Mattel Venkman prototype figure, who's uniform pant legs were tucked into his boots. (in the films, Murray left his pant legs untucked)

It's these "fans" I've come to despise. They have nothing but negative comments about new product. Call me an old man, but these kids have no idea how great they have it. I was around for the Dark Times, the periods between 1993 to 2005. These were the days when anything GB was mostly fan creation and rumor, with the brief exception of "Extreme Ghostbusters" and the comic from Sebastien Clavet's 88MPH Studios (do a google search for ALL the info on that bailiwick).

We begged for everything that's coming out now: action figures, minimates, comics, novels, games, RGB on DVD... And we were shut down at every turn. (Again, the exception being EGB, which had a line from Trendmasters)

I and the Old Guard are ecstatic at all the new product. But these kids, these fucking pantleggers, as soon as they see a brief glimpse online, it's "Bitch bitch bitch, oh I hate it, it's gonna suck, wah wah wah!"

Fuck those clowns. Seriously. I fucking HATE them with a passion.

/rant

11The Comments Section Empty Re: The Comments Section Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:32 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

cliff wrote:/rant

AH-HEM! ranting is MY job sir. Mad i would hate to have to get all flame-y on you. tongue

12The Comments Section Empty Re: The Comments Section Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:54 pm

Cliff

Cliff
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I do apologize, good sir Colossus. I did not mean to steal thy thunder.

13The Comments Section Empty Re: The Comments Section Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:43 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

oh please steal away, keeps my blood pressure down. besides, can you believe that people don't like the BIG BRIGHT RED LETTERS? i mean the nerve!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum