Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Minnesota mother objects to Bone's content and library availability

+5
kidspider2099
shark6495
Administrator
BlueMaxx
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/04/minnesota-mother-objects-to-bones-content-and-library-availability/

Minnesota mother objects to Bone's content and library availability

A parent in a suburb of Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota, has filed a complaint with the school district objecting to the content in the fourth volume of Jeff Smith's popular Bone series.

Ramona DeLay of Apple Valley told Sun Newspapers she was "a little shocked" that her son, and elementary-school student, was reading a graphic novel depicting drinking, smoking and gambling. She filed a formal request to the school district on on March 15 asking that the book be "withdrawn from all students." In the complaint, DeLay also cited "sexual situations between characters."

The district's Reconsideration Review Committee will meet on April 27 to consider DeLay's request.

I'm certainly only guessing, but I imagine this has to be one of the very few times that Smith's bestselling, and multiple-award-winning, series has been challenged. Tom Spurgeon has additional commentary.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ *facepalm*

Heaven forbid her childhood had such suggestive...err...
Minnesota mother objects to Bone's content and library availability 20060905-tomandjerry
You know what is funnier about this cartoon, I was searching for a comic or cartoon of the past with this type of example, and you know what I typed in? "Old cartoon." Nothing else. Heh.

Last edited by BlueMaxx on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Read about this earlier. If they truly gonna take this woman seriously then we are indeed facing the Apocalypse.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

well books have a history of being banned and then unbanned, even here stateside. so who knows itll probably be banned at first then someone well sue for free speech and etc.... who knows, but it will be fun to watch what happens

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

all of the comic books out there she has a problem with Bone? that is so stupid.

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What a twat.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This just pisses me off so much. People. UGH!

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I bet she thought the title was dirty too.

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:I bet she thought the title was dirty too.
I would imagine. Eh. Some people are just not happy unless they are bitching about something. shake my head

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Like the people who complained about the movie Kick-Ass and how it was not for kids, despite the rating and despite the title. Yet they took their kids and threw a fit. shake my head

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:Like the people who complained about the movie Kick-Ass and how it was not for kids, despite the rating and despite the title. Yet they took their kids and threw a fit. shake my head

I work for a movie theater. Yeah... those people are a joy to deal with.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't stop thinking about this. It just makes me so mad.

I'm fine with the woman not letting her son check the book out, but she does not have the right to request that the book not be available to others. Other parents might not have a problem with it. It's people like this, that try to dictate what others have available to them that piss me off so much. I'm literally fuming right now.

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

There's an easy solution to this, have any "questionable" material be approved by the parent of the child that wants the book.
It's what we did back in grade school with a book called, "Go Ask Alice".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum