Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seattle cartoonist launches "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"

+8
FroZen
Administrator
MikeSabian
shining knight
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
BlueMaxx
Astro13Zombie
prescribeddrone
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ A Buddhist definitely wouldn't care. They'd instantly laugh at Buddha doing cocaine, being that that is a substance of pure desire and indulgence, the opposite of what he is as a symbol. Heh. Course, they don't view The Buddha as a god or prophet to a god, so a little different. Rolling Eyes I guess.

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ You're confusing what South Park did as some kind of vindication, when all they were saying is that it isn't a thing at all. And they weren't even really allowed to say that at the end of the episode, censored by the fears of Comedy Central by these extremists promises of violence.

I'm not confusing anything. I'm simply saying that what CC did was wrong and what the extremists did was wrong. Also, I'm saying that this event being staged doesn't really fix anything. Everything else is me speaking in general on censorship, something that has come up in this thread.

BlueMaxx wrote:
Jesus has been depicted as all sorts of craziness, but it was for a joke, not anti-Christian sentiments. Not opinion. If you look at the jokes, some are very blasphemous, but are hardly saying that Christianity is this awful.

That's nice. But what is funny to one group of people is not funny to another. All I am saying is that it's a slippery slope. It's not a simple issue.

BlueMaxx wrote:
It may sound like I shouldn't be talking, being that I'm not religious, but when faith is shaken, shouldn't that add to your resolve of your beliefs. Let it roll and show people that they have it wrong by just your spiritual strength alone. Islam only suggests that violence be allowed when defending one's self, and here these extremists, claiming a faith that is about sharing the world, skew every piece of scripture through these actions.

Assuming one's faith is shaken. Jokes and such just makes me think those people don't know what they are talking about if I don't find it funny. Nothing more really.

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

For science sake Laughing Wade, why do you show so much concern about people getting offended? It's always been a slippery slope, if it wasn't then entertainment would suck and we'd be stuck with shit like Comic Codes and Mr. Rogers.

Pushing buttons and provoking thought is a good thing.

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:Wade, why do you show so much concern about people getting offended?

I wouldn't say "concern", more like "interest". I've always been interested in culture, society and so forth. Having a family that is very multicultral played a part in that. I've worked on projects concerning prejudice and society. Most of the projects concerned prejudices within communities (black on black racism, Latino on black racism, women on women sexism and so forth), so I got a chance to run the gamut, which was fun. So this kind of thing is kind of fun for me, mostly because I never really get a chance to talk about it outside a seminar or something. And there was doing a little bit of devil's advocate at the same time. Laughing

prescribeddrone wrote:
It's always been a slippery slope, if it wasn't then entertainment would suck and we'd be stuck with shit like Comic Codes.

Laughing Pretty much.

prescribeddrone wrote:Pushing buttons and provoking thought is a good thing.

I agree with this as well. Laughing

Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum
Pirate
Pirate

Way too PC in here. shake my head

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum