Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16

+10
Sapphire Gypsy
BlueMaxx
MillionDollarGeek
Goof
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Combo Mo
rwe1138
Thundermatts
(._Y_.)
hrdwrkngXsoldier
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Empty Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:34 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Quotable Movies Battle Royal: Sweet 16

This is it, we are going to find out by PoP!ular vote what is the most quotable movie in geekdom. I will attach the bracket (eventually) so that you all can see the seeding, but these are the battles this week and I noted the top 4 seeds. It is simple. Just pick which movie you think is quoted more out of each pair. I’m sure debates will heat up as the bracket moves further on, but these are what is left from the top 64 movies as nominated by the PoP!ulation. This will run until Sunday May 1st at Midnight, so get your votes in and tell your friends to pop in here and vote as well.

The number 1 and 2 seeds have been overthrown and last round had some very close matchups, and then there were some that were absolutely no contest. Here are your Sweet Sixteen.

Fight Club vs. Blazing Saddles

Happy Gilmore vs. Office Space

Mallrats vs. The Dark Knight

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off vs. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

(3)Monty Python: Holy Grail vs. Star Wars

Jaws vs. Karate Kid

Empire Strikes Back vs. Pulp Fiction

Back to the Future vs. (2)Princess Bride

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Monty Python: Holy Grail vs. Star Wars

Jaws vs. Karate Kid

Back to the Future vs. Princess Bride

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fight Club vs. Blazing Saddles - Fight Club

Happy Gilmore vs. Office Space- Happy Gilmore

Mallrats vs. The Dark Knight- The Dark Knight

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off vs. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery - hmmmm. Austin powers

(3)Monty Python: Holy Grail vs. Star Wars - Holy Grail

Jaws vs. Karate Kid - Jaws

Empire Strikes Back vs. Pulp Fiction - Empire

Back to the Future vs. (2)Princess Bride - Princess Bride

rwe1138

rwe1138

Jaws vs. Karate Kid

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jaws vs. Karate Kid

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So you all really think there is a line in Pulp Fiction that is said more thatn "Luke...I am your Father"? Really? Or how about. "There is no try only do?"

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:So you all really think there is a line in Pulp Fiction that is said more thatn "Luke...I am your Father"? Really? Or how about. "There is no try only do?"

I say "One Miiiiiiiiiiiiiillion dollars" alot actually.

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I know Im new to the forums, hello and all but how did the Big Lebowski not make it to the sweet 16???
"This will not stand man, this aggression will not stand!"

With that i submit my vote.

Jaws vs. Karate Kid

http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jaws vs. Karate Kid

10Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Empty Re: Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:59 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jaws vs. Karate Kid

11Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Empty Re: Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:42 am

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:
hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:So you all really think there is a line in Pulp Fiction that is said more thatn "Luke...I am your Father"? Really? Or how about. "There is no try only do?"

I say "One Miiiiiiiiiiiiiillion dollars" alot actually.

Wait that's Austin Powers. Did I vote for Pulp Fiction? Where am I?

12Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Empty Re: Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:35 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The amazing thing to me is that Pulp Fiction beat out Wizard of Oz in the first round. "There's no place like home," "I'll get you my pretty," "ding dong the witch is dead," "I don't think we are in Kansas Anymore." The movie is so quotable that it is quoted at some point in like half the movies that were nominated from the begining. I wonder how big of a nomination pool we would need to get more acurate and less slanted numbers for this thing. I mean this will be the PoP! most quotable movie after this is all said and done. (by the way Rob...Ghost busters is gone and Princes Bride is still in it.) But I wonder if there is a way to research how many scripts certain 'famous' quotes are repeated in.

13Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Empty Re: Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:43 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wiki sometimes shows references, but rarely.

14Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Empty Re: Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:45 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fight Club

Office Space

The Dark Knight

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

(3)Monty Python: Holy Grail

Jaws

Empire Strikes Back

Back to the Future

(Empire vs. Pulp Fiction was soo difficult for me, but I just thought of people in general, and it takes it.)

15Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Empty Re: Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Blazing Saddles

Happy Gilmore

The Dark Knight

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

Karate Kid

Empire Strikes Back

(2)Princess Bride

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

16Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Empty Re: Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:37 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jaws vs. Karate Kid

How did Jaws make it this far? What else is quotable besides "We're going to need a bigger boat"?? Laughing

17Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Empty Re: Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:40 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:The amazing thing to me is that Pulp Fiction beat out Wizard of Oz in the first round. "There's no place like home," "I'll get you my pretty," "ding dong the witch is dead," "I don't think we are in Kansas Anymore." The movie is so quotable that it is quoted at some point in like half the movies that were nominated from the begining. I wonder how big of a nomination pool we would need to get more acurate and less slanted numbers for this thing. I mean this will be the PoP! most quotable movie after this is all said and done. (by the way Rob...Ghost busters is gone and Princes Bride is still in it.) But I wonder if there is a way to research how many scripts certain 'famous' quotes are repeated in.

In general, I've been basing my vote on the number of lines that are quotable, not having just one famous line.

18Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Empty Re: Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:53 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Blazing Saddles

Office Space

Mallrats

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

Monty Python: Holy Grail

Jaws

Pulp Fiction

Princess Bride

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

19Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Empty Re: Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:54 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fight Club

Office Space

The Dark Knight

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

Karate Kid

Pulp Fiction

Back to the Future

I find myself yelling "English, em-effer, do you speak it?" a lot more than I find myself saying "Luke...I am your Father". I've also never heard anybody say "There is no try only do." other than when it's said in the movie.

20Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Empty Re: Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:57 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:
I find myself yelling "English, em-effer, do you speak it?" a lot more than I find myself saying "Luke...I am your Father". I've also never heard anybody say "There is no try only do." other than when it's said in the movie.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" is actually my yearbook quote Laughing

21Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Empty Re: Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Mon May 03, 2010 1:11 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well we have ties so I'm going to go yell at fresh to vote. He decided to go to Reno last week instead of be dedicated to the democracy that is internet message boards.

22Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Empty Re: Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Mon May 03, 2010 1:15 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

What? A man can't have a vacation any more?

Jaws vs. Karate Kid

23Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Empty Re: Quotable Movie Battle Royal-- Sweet 16 Mon May 03, 2010 1:18 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

okay two ties broken.... Fresh had no knowledge of what they were, so he didn't know that most of his votes didn't matter.... (again democracy at work.) I'll post the elite 8 momentarily.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum